The Infiltration

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyuhyun will surely choose either Henry or Yesung. You were stupid for choosing me as a hostage,” Heechul muttered as he sat on the ground.

 

“Hush,” Kai hissed, annoyed by the angel’s constant talk.

 

“Seriously, you may just as well grab something to eat or drink, because it will take some time before they do anything. They will most probably save me last, so-” Chullie slightly jumped up in surprise when he heard the younger male roar.

 

“Shut up! Seriously, your rambling is so irritating! If you say anything else, I swear, I will lift this force field and crush you myself!” the wizard cried out in fury, “I don’t give a damn about that Kyu-something’s blood! We are EXO Wizards for God’s sake! We are one of the most of the most powerful creatures on this freaking planet!”

 

Kai inhaled deeply, because by the end of his harangue, he was out of breath. Then he pressed his hand against forehead and shook his head. He couldn’t believe that he was losing temper because of some kind of an angel.

 

“Whoa, you sure are petulant,” Heechul noted and sighed. However, his eyes suddenly started to shine in a rather evil manner, “But that might be actually entertaining and quite amusing.”

 

The wizard decided to ignore the older man and continued staring at a random brick the wall in front of him. He tried to distract his mind by thinking about what kind of minerals it may consist of.

 

‘Well, the general usage of clay may be found in brick making. Oh, and granite usually is composed of feldspar, quartz, and mica.’ Kai thought, and he frowned slightly, ‘Moreover-’

 

“Are you the weakest in EXO? I mean, otherwise they wouldn’t send you here. The choice itself wasn’t that bad. They couldn’t send just some random guards, because I would exterminate them within a second, but then again, they couldn’t give up a powerful member,” Heechul started to analyze as his eyes were piercing through the younger creature’s body.

 

The wizard decided to avoid any kind of conversation and tried to recall to what feldspars and micas are susceptible to.

 

“Silence is one way to admit,” Chullie concluded, and was disappointed in the lack of any reaction, “Well, let’s talk about something more interesting then. We have like a couple of hours of doing nothing but waiting for something more fascinating to occur. Let me start, then. I heard that EXO is divided into two groups, right?”

 

At first Kai continued thinking about the bricks and even remembered the answer to his riddle, which was chemical weathering. In the end, he realized that the angel de facto had a point and therefore, he replied, “Yeah, we are.”

 

“Can you tell me more about it?”

 

“Sure,” Kai answered and turned around so that he was facing Heechul. Then he sat down, “There are EXO-K and EXO-M. We consists of twelve members and some of us wanted to explore the world and live from time to time in a different place than South Korea. Thus, we divided ourselves into two teams. EXO-K would stay permanently in Korea while EXO-M, who was more adventurous, was sent abroad. They actually just finished their world tour, like a week ago; and are currently settling in China. I heard from Luhan that they bought a very nice house and that we should visit them soon.”

 

“That can be fun,” Chullie commented and put his elbows on his thighs and then leaned his head on his hands.

 

“Possibly,” the wizard nodded in approval, “However, only if Kris haven’t fallen ill. He has caught some kind of a virus that we are unable to cure. We have tried everything. Even Xiumin, who is the oldest among us, has no idea how to deal with this problem. That is why we agreed to the terms of this war during the Meetings of the Lords.”

 

“Aigoo, did you ask any others of your kind for help?” Heechul inquired and thought, ‘A secret Meeting of the Lords? Angels were usually invited to these meetings...’

 

“We did and they told us about Cho Kyuhyun. I remember that he damaged our game once, but I heard that it was by mistake. To be honest, he did not ruin it, but made it more entertaining. The game itself was extremely boring and predictable. However, once there’s turmoil, things get more interesting. So basically, he actually saved us from dying from boredom.”

 

The angel laughed out loud, “Who would think that our clumsy Kyu would bring happiness instead of destruction.”

 

The wizard did not realize that he was also grinning and relaxing. So did the force field.

 

 

The team B was ready to invade the Werewolves’ territory anytime. Therefore, Ryeowook took out a vial with blood and drank it. He winced at the metallic and slightly bitter flavor.

 

“Go, and let me know where I should be and when I should begin to act,” Wookie said.

 

Eunhyuk nodded and entered the enemy’s land as fast he could.

 

 

‘Henry? Where are you? Please wake up if you are sleeping! Honey, come on..!’ Zhoumi kept on calling out.

 

Sungmin shifted uncomfortably in the bushes. They were currently hiding and waiting for any kind of a connection between the kidnapped angel and his lover. He started to worry about the potential barriers that might have been set up to prevent Mimi from using his abilities, when suddenly Zhoumi bolted and his eyes widened.

 

“Is he awake?” Minnie asked.

 

“I think that he’s waking up,” the angel replied.

 

They simultaneously jumped in surprise when they felt the ground shake. Then they noticed smoke flying up from various places on the Vampires’ land. A beat later, there were more mini earthquakes, and more screams and buildings crumbling down.

 

“Well, one can say that they are doing their jobs excellently,” Sungmin stated and shook his head, “Those insanely energetic idiots.”

 

Zhoumi chuckled at the comment and continued talking to his Henry, ‘Hey, hey, slowly wake up~’

 

‘Nghhh...’ the younger man’s voice suddenly became much clearer.

 

‘Henry! Oh god, honey!’ Mimi shouted out.

 

‘Mimi? What? Where am I?’

 

‘Just take three deep breaths first, Henry.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter