Chapter 4

Wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Wonderwall[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]" I'm home! " His loud voice was heard , even though I am in my room studying for tomorrow's quiz. I could imagine my father taking off his shoes and placing his office bag on the couch as he hugs mom and plants a kiss on my mother's forehead , if he was still alive. But now , all I could do was to cringe and furrow my brows whenever I see those two cuddling and huddling to each other. Before I could think about something else again , a knock was heard on my door. I waited for a few seconds to hear who it is , but nothing was heard. I stood up and opened the door slightly , allowing me to see just an inch of it only. 


" Can we just- " Before he could continue his sentence , I closed the door immediately and sat back on my chair , putting my arms on my study table and placing my face in between my crossed arms which is on my desk. How many times will he do this? Is he not giving up on me already? , for continuously ignoring him all the time? " Can we just talk this out? " Still , my head pressing down against my arms. " It's been two years already and you're still acting like this! " He slightly raised his voice , but not in an angerly way. Two years , but still , nothing had changed. Two years of living with him in under the same roof , but still , nothing had changed. Two years of not talking and interacting with him , and yet , nothing had changed. So why should I even bother? " Two years , Rina , Two years. " His voice , as if he's reminding me , even though he doesn't need to. " Please come out , please. " He was begging for me to come out and talk , but I just don't have that urge to talk to him in front. I just still couldn't. " Mileena , I'm begging you! " My eyes snapped open and stood up from my previous position as I unlocked the door and faced him , just what he wanted. " No one can call me that! , especially you " My finger pointed at him , my teeth gritted. " No one. " Turning backwards as he gripped onto my shoulder , " Mileena- , " I brushed off his hand on my shoulder and glared at him " What did I just say?! " My voice roaring in anger as I can feel my cheeks getting heated , knowing that I should get inside my room already. " Min Rina! " Mom yelling from downstairs , while I take this chance to shut the door and to lock the door from him as he was distracted by Mom's yell. I went to the bathroom and sat on the floor , my knees pulled upto my chests as I hugged them , crying and sobbing. Knowing that I can't cry in my room , since they'll hear my cries and sobs. I felt my pants getting wet from my tears as it stained on my pants , but I couldn't care any about it anymore. He doesn't know what he just said , that's what I would say and think. He doesn't know , he doesn't know... 


I woke up with the continuous banging on the door as I raise my head up and realized that I slept in the bathroom , remembering all the happenings form yesterday ; I cried to sleep. I step out of the bathroom , then my eyes landed on my digital clock which read 7 AM. My eyes indeed widened , knowing that I'm going to be late as I hurriedly took a bath and fixed myself. I grabbed my phone and my wrist watch as I rushed downstairs - stomping , my step-dad looking at me weirdly while he read the newspaper with his coffee in his hand. I tried not to look at him while I was inserting my foot in my shoe , obviously panicking. " Good thing I knocked on your door " Mom shaking her head , her arms crossed to her chest. When I was done with my shoes , Mom handed me a packed sandwich in front of me as I stared at it. " Here , I made this as quick as possible when I knew you're going to be late " I took the sandwich and thanked her for making me one , leaving the house and storming off to the train station. Gladly , I reached the train when its doors were about to close as I slipped right in , my skirt almost getting caught by the door. " That's dangerous , lady. Don't do that next time " , the old lady said. I quickly bowed to her and searched for a vacant seat , but there were none. I grabbed for the hand railing and reached for my skirt's pocket with my other hand to get my earphones , and to my luck , It's not there. Having no choice but to stand there and to stay awake for the rest of the trip.


Once I reached to my designated place , my wrist watch read 8:30 AM , and I knew that I'm going to miss my first subject. While running , I can't help but to notice the cherry blossoms falling and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter