Chapter 9: A Date with Superman!?

I'm Not Cute!

 

Eunhyuk's POV
 
"No!"
 
 
 
 
 
"Please?"
 
 
 
 
 
"I said no!"
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyukkie~"
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae! Stop it!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"But-!"
 
 
 
 
 
"Lee Donghae, I will not go on a date with you!" I shouted. Yeah, you heard me right. Donghae asked to go on a date with me. A date! Can you believe him!? What would ever make him think that I would go anywhere with him!?
 
 
 
 
 
"But I know this great place that you would like!" Donghae argued. He never gives up, does he? 
 
 
 
 
 
"I don't care! You can't make me go! Now leave me alone," I whined as I stepped into the café. I woke up early again and thought I could eat breakfast here, but once again, Donghae was waiting for me the minute I got out of my apartment. 
 
 
 
 
 
"You're no fun..." he pouted and I laughed a little at him... why did I laugh?
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh, Eunhyuk, you're here," I heard Sungmin's voice from behind the counter. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyung, you're finally back!" I exclaimed as I walked towards him. It's been a whole week since he came into work. "Kyuhyun took care of you well, huh?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"S-sure. I guess you could s-say that," he stuttered. I smirked at him. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What? Did you guys kiss or something?" His eyes bugged out and became flustered. 
 
 
 
 
 
"N-no! We did not!" he shouted and I just laughed at him. "A-anyway, are you eating here or not?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeah, I am. I want a strawberry milk with a strawberry muffin." He nodded his head as he added the amounts into the cash register. He took my money as I handed it to him, put it inside the cash register, and went to go get what I wanted. Suddenly, I heard Donghae chuckle beside me. "Why are you laughing?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Because you're so cute." I blushed. 
 
 
 
 
 
"H-how so?"
 
 
 
 
 
"You just ordered a carton of strawberry milk and a strawberry muffin. That's so cute. You have a strawberry addiction."
 
 
 
 
"D-do not!" Before we could argue any further, Sungmin had come back with my milk and my muffin. I thanked him before he went towards the back again and I sat at a table, having Donghae sit across from me. As I began to drink my milk, Donghae began to pout at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Because you won't go on a date with me," he whined, and I just rolled my eyes. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Give it up, Donghae. You can't make me go on a date with you." Just then, I heard bells jingle. I looked towards the door and saw Kyuhyun come in, walking towards us. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Well if it isn't the monkey and the fish. What's up with him?" he asked, pointing at Donghae. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyukkie won't go on a date with me!" Donghae continued to whine and pout. I continued to roll my eyes at him. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Then go on a date with him," Kyuhyun told me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What!? Why!?" I argued. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Why not?" I shut my mouth. I hate to admit it, but he's right. Why not? Well, he annoys me. That doesn't seem like a good enough reason though. If I got closer to him, he'd probably seem less annoying. Well, he's a guy, and I'm pretty sure I don't like guys. He's not my type anyway. Except for the fact that I really like his eyes. And his smile. And his voice. And-- What am I saying!? 
 
 
 
 
 
"I know! I bet that I can make you laugh!" Donghae suddenly stated. 
 
 
 
 
 
"So?"
 
 
 
 
 
"If I can make you laugh, then you have to go on a date with me.?" Making a bet just so I can go out with you? Ohohoho, you must be one desparate fishy. Even though it sounds like a really weak bet, I can't decline them. Challenge accepted. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Fine. If you can make me laugh, then I'll go on a date with you." This is going to be a piece of cake. I always win bets, so I know I'm gonna win. I can just hold in my laugh. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy! 
 
 
 
 
 
"This should be good," Kyuhyun suddenly said as he pulled up a chair at our table. Donghae stood up and quickly reached into his bag that he brought with him. He pulled out a cape and tied it around his neck. Why does he own a cape in the first place? Suddenly, he stood up on the chair and made a pose. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Look! I'm Superman!" he cheered proudly. However, I didn't find it funny. Neither did Kyuhyun. "Why aren't you laughing?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Its not funny, Hae," I answered with a hint of disappointment in my voice. He pouted. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes it is! I'm really Superman!" He got off of the chair and started to run around the café. I still wasn't laughing. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae, anyone can be Superman just by putting a cape on," Kyuhyun added. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Nuh-uh!" Donghae protested. He's never going to make me laugh. Just then, we heard the back door open and saw Sungmin walking towards us. He was about ot say something before Donghae ran towards him. He pointed his finger and looked at us. "He's not Superman! He must be mama's boy!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Pffft AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Kyuhyun and I laughed at the sudden outburst. I was slamming my hand on the table while Kyuhyun almost fell out of his seat. Donghae was smiling, but I immediately stopped laughing once I noticed Sungmin's death glare. I elbowed Kyuhyun on the stomach and he immediately stopped laughing too. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Aw c'mon. It wasn't that funnny," Kyuhyun tried to reassure, but Sungmin still looked mad. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry, Sungmin hyung. I was just trying to make Hyukkie laugh. I didn't mean it," Donghae apologized, suddenly making his childish personality go away. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh, I forgive you and Eunhyuk," Sungmin stated while still glaring at Kyuhyun. Phew, glad he's not mad at me. I looked at Kyuhyun, but he didn't seem to be intimidated. He was rather amused, judging by the smirk on his face. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Even though you're mad, you can't stay mad at me forever. You're still adorable Minnie." I was shock by the nickname Kyuhyun used. SInce when did he call Sungmin "Minnie"? Something must've happened between those two because once Sungmin heard the nickname, his cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yah! I told you to not call me by that!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Then why do you call me Kyu?" His smirk continued to show and so did Sungmin's pink shade on his cheeks. Yeah, something definitely must've happened. "Anyway, I gotta get going." Kyuhyun stood up and slipped a bookbag over his shoulder before walking over to Sungmin. "I'll see you later, Minnie," he said while ruffling his hair. Sungmin pouted and slapped his hand away. Kyuhyun only chuckled as he finally left the café
 
 
 
 
 
"I gotta go too or else I'll be late for dance practice. I'll be back later after your shift to pick you up, Hyukkie," Donghae told me as he also slipped a bag over his shoulder. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Pick me up? Why are you picking me up?"
 
 
 
 
 
"For our date!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"What!? I told you that-!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"We bet that if I could make you laugh, you'd go on a date with me. I just made you laugh, so I win." 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeah, but...!" I couldn't argue any linger. He was right. A bet is a bet, and I, Lee Hyukjae, have lost my first bet ever. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'll see you later, Hyukkie." He made his way over to the door and opened it, but before he left, he looked at me and winked, which made me blush. Once he left, Sungmin sat down next to me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Aish, why do people have to be so annoying these days?" Sungmin said as he slumped down in his chair and crossed his arms, and I did the same. At least I have someone to share my problems with. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Tell me about it." 
 
 
 
 
 
Later
 
Ryeowook and I continued to work diligently as a few more customers came. Sungmin already went home. Kyuhyun dropped by to walk him home. I swear, something is happening those two. I can feel it. I only had a few more minuets of working left until I can leave. I can't wait until I can finally go home and just rest. But no, I just remembered that I have to go on a date with that annoying fishy, Lee Donghae. I sighed. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What's wrong, hyung?" Ryeowook asked coming up to me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae and I made a bet this morning to see if he can make me laugh. If he did, then I had to go on a date with him." 
 
 
 
 
 
"Let's me guess. You lost?" I sighed again and nodded my head before dropping my head in defeat. "I didn't think I'd ever see the day where you would actually lose a bet. But anyway, I really envy you."
 
 
 
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
 
 
 
"You're going on a date! An actual date! You're so lucky!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ryeowook! How is going on a date with Donghae lucky? This is like torture!" I complained. Before Ryeowook was about to say something else, we heard bells ringing again. We looked towards the door and saw that fish come in. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyukkie!!" Donghae greeted while practically glomping me towards the wall. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae, get off me!" I ordered as I pushed him off. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hi hyung!" Ryewook greeted him. Donghae smiled and gave him a hug too. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you ready to go Hyukkie?" he asked me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Where are we going anyway?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Its a surprise!" I grunted. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Whatever. Just let me change first." I left Donghae and Ryeowook to go change out of my uniform in the back. When I finished changing, I grabbed all of my belongings, put them in my bag, and walked out, seeing Donghae waiting for me at the door. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Have fun, hyung," said Ryeowook from the counter and I rolled my eyes. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeah, yeah." I walked towards Donghae, who smiled at me and happily held the door open. Once we were finally outside, he handed me a blindfold. "Why are you giving me this?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"I told you that I was gonna surprise you, so you gotta cover your eyes." 
 
 
 
 
 
"What!? No! How am I suppose to know where I'm going!?"
 
 
 
 
"I'll hold on to you. Don't worry, you can trust me." He showed me another one of his cheesy smiles. 
 
 
 
 
 
"But-!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"C'mon Hyukkie, I promise you its gonna be really great once we get there. Just trust me." I didn't know what it was, but something was telling me to put the blindfold on and trust him. I sighed in defeat and put the blindfold over my eyes, and I just knew he was smiling once I did. Suddenly, I felt his arm snake around my waist and held my left hand with his other hand. We started to walk, but we started out slowly. "Don't be afraid Hyukkie. Its not a long walk. I've got you," Donghae said ever so calmly and I blushed.
 
 
 
Soon we started to walk faster and we were walking normally. He was still holding my hand and had his arm around my waist, which made me blush the entire time we were walking. Suddenly we stopped. "Are you reading Hyukkie?" he asked, and I nodded my head. He let go of me and went behind me to untie the blindfold. "Surprise!" he yelled out once the blindfold was off. I opened my eyes and gasped. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh my gosh!" I can't even tell you how happy I was. We were standing in front of a strawberry shop. Anything you could've wanted that had strawberries in it was there. "C'mon!" I grabbed Donghae's hand and quickly pulled him in. The inside was even more amazing. It was like paradise! 
 
 
 
 
 
"You must be really happy that I brought you here since you're still holding my hand," I heard Donghae say. I looked at him smirking before I saw that my hand was still holding his. I quickly let go as my cheeks started to get hotter. 
 
 
 
 
 
"S-sorry..." I apologized. He chuckled and grabbed my hand again, this time intertwining them. 
 
 
 
 
 
"C'mon. Let's go look at the cake over there." 
 
 
 
 
 
"There's cake!?" My face lit up again as I started to drag him where the cake was. As we started to look at different cakes, there was one particular that I really wanted. It was a strawberry sponge cake wth chocolate icing on top and two strawberries covered in chocolate. Donghae noticed that I was staring at it. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Do you want that one, Hyukkie?" he asked me, and I quickly nodded my head. He smiled at me before waving at the cashier, and she quickly came to us. "Can we get this cake, please?" he asked, pointing at the cake that I wanted. She quickly grabbed it and put it in a small box. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Would you like anything to drink?" she asked us. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Strawberry milk,"  I answered and she quickly got it for me. Donghae paid for both items and she handed us two forks before we sat a table. I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to take a bite out of the cake first. I swear I could've died by how delicious it was. However, I noticed that Donghae was sitting still while watching me eat. "Aren't you gonna eat?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Its your cake, Hyukkie. Enjoy it," he replied with a smile, but I frowned. How could he expect me to eat this entire cake that he paid for. I stabbed another piece of cake onto my fork and put it front of his mouth. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ah," I said, trying to feed it to him, but he just pushed it back. 
 
 
 
 
 
"No, Hyukkie, its yours. Eat it." I pouted when he pushed it away, so I tried again. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ah." He chuckled. 
 
 
 
 
 
"You won't stop will you?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ah." He chuckled again, but this time I smiled in victory before eating another piece. 
 
 
 
 
 
"You're so cute," he said, but I was too much ina good mood to care. We spent half an hour at the strawberry shop. Most of the time I was feeding Donghae because he didn't want to eat the cake, so I forced him to. Why wouldn't you want to eat the cake? It was amazing! When we finished the cake, we both took one strawberry and finished the milk. When we finished, we head out. "There's one more place I want to bring you." He gave me the blindfold again and I quickly put it on. Again, he held my hand and my waist as we started to walk again. I didn't even bother to walk slowly this time. 
 
 
 
 
 
It didn't take long until we stopped walking. He took of the blindfold off of me and I saw that I was standing in front of an unknown building. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae, where are we?" I asked. 
 
 
 
 
 
"C'mon, I'll show you." He grabbed my hand as he opened the door and led me inside. It was dark while we were walking, so I couldn't really see anything. Once we stopped again, he the lights, and I was once again shocked in amazement. It was a dance room. It had mirrors, it had stereos, and just enough space to dance. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Donghae, this is amazing!" I exclaimed as I walked further in. "Is this place yours?" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Nope. My friend Shindong owns this place and let me borrow it for the day so I can show you." He set his bag down in the corner and pulled out his mp3 player. He hooked it up to the stereo and started to play an upbeat song. I set my stuff down along with his while taking off my coat. I sat down on the floor as Donghae walked towards the middle of the room. Immediately, he started to dance. He tutted, he popped, he flipped. He was just...perfect. The song wasn't even over yet and he was already sweating. I have to be honest though. Him being drenched in sweat made him more...attractive. 
 
 
 
 
 
When he finished, I clapped cheerfully. He was breathing deeply, but he still smiled at me. "Dance with me, Hyukkie!" he said as he pulled me up. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What!? B-but, I'm not that good-" 
 
 
 
 
 
"Please, Hyukkie? I bet you're amazing." He pouted and I don't know why, but I couldn't just say no to his face. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Fine," I said, and the next song played. He let me take the stage as he stepped aside for a moment to drink water. The beat was slow at first, so I just did some slow popping at first. Once it became more upbeat, I moved faster, with more popping and a few waves. Soon, Donghae started to join me. It was like we were reading each other's minds because we kept doing the same exact things. 
 
 
 
 
 
We did a couple more songs until we stopped to take a break. We both had to take off our shirts because it was so hot, leaving us only in undershirts. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I didn't know you were that good Hyukkie. You're better than I am," Donghae complimented.
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you kidding me? You're way better than me!" I argued, and he chuckled. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ready for more?" I nodded my head and we began to dance again. 
 
 
 
 
 
We danced for a few more hours until I was sure that it was already dark. Donghae stopped the music as I sar down on the floor, panting deepily. He shortly sat down beside me, panting as well. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you okay?" he asked. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeah, I'm fine. I haven't been this exhausted in a long time." Donghae reached into his bag, pulled out a towel, and began to wipe my face. My cheeks became red again. We sat in silence for a moment until I decided to speak again. "Thanks." 
 
 
 
 
 
"For what?"
 
 
 
 
 
"For taking me on this date. I actually had...fun..." He smiled at me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Anything for you, Hyukjae." I felt my heart racing at a fast pace. Not only because he was showing me his cheesy smile again, but because he said my first name. I don't let anyone call me by my first name, but when he says it, its just so...different. Unknowingly, I lay my head on his shoulder. "Hyukkie?" I didn't say anything. I was so tired, I just wanted to sleep. RIght there, sitting next to him. I knew he was smiling when he wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me in closer, and I didn't mind. I just had this growing need to be beside him.
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyukkie?"
 
 
 
 
 
"Hm?"
 
 
 
 
 
"I really like you."
 
 
 
 
 
Lee Donghae, what are you doing to me?
 

A/N: Hello everyone!! ^^ I was supposed to update this yesterday, but I didn't finish writing in time, so sorry about that. But as promised, I brought you this Eunhae chapter :) Eunhae's first date~ Is Eunhyuk realizing his feelings already? :O Before I go, Donghae here wants to ask all of you an important question. Are you ready? Take it away Donghae! 

Donghae: Hi guys :) Don't you guys think Hyukkie is just so cute? <3 

Eunhyuk: Yah! Donghae, don't ask them that! >.< 

Donghae: Why not? Everyone knows you're adorable~

Kyuhyun: Psh, not as adorable as Sungmin :P 

Sungmin: Shut up Kyu! I am not! D:< 

Kyuhyun: Oh c'mon Minnie, you know you're the cutest person in the world ;) 

Donghae: Nuh-uh! My Hyukkie is! D: 

Sungmin & Eunhyuk: AISH! 

Yesung: What's going on here?

Ryeowook: *looks at Yesung* o///o 

Well, anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter~ I love all of my subscribers and silent readers <3 Please comment and subscribe!! <33333333333333333