Chapter 24: Stay Away

I'm Not Cute!

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Hello?” I called out. I looked around my surroundings, but all I could see was nothing but pitch black darkness. Where am I? “Is anybody here?” I tried calling out again, but I didn’t even hear a sound. What’s going on here?

 

 

I began to walk forward, hoping that I would end up somewhere, but no matter how far I was walking, nothing was showing up. Not a single sound could be heard. No one else was around. I’m alone.

 

 

“Sungmin.” That voice. It sounds familiar. “Sungmin!” There it is again! Could it be who I think it is?

 

 

“Mother?” I called out. Again and again, I was hearing her voice, and it wasn’t just her voice. I heard my father’s voice too. They’re here.

 

 

I started to run towards the sound of their voices. Where could they be? “Mother? Father? Where are you?” I yelled as I continued to run, but the more I thought I was getting closer to them, the more their voices started to fade away. I called out for them again and again, but nothing happened.

 

 

You’re alone.

 

 

What? Who’s talking? Who’s there?

 

 

No one is here to protect you anymore.

 

 

No! I heard my parents! They’re here!

 

 

You’re parents aren’t here anymore. No one is here for you. You’re alone and you’ll always be alone.

 

 

“NO!” I screamed. I covered my heard to block the unknown voice and fell to my knees as tears began to roll down my cheeks. I feel scared. Somebody, anybody! Save me, please!

 

 

“Sungmin?” I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a person; a familiar person, but I couldn’t quite see their face.

 

 

“W-who are you?” I asked. Suddenly, the person smiled. He stuck out his hand in front of me and I slowly took it. He helped me stand up and wiped my tears away with his thumb. Who is this mystery person standing in front of me?

 

 

“Don’t cry anymore,” he told me. “Don’t listen to what anybody says. You’re not alone. Just think of all the people who still love you. Haven’t I already told you this?”

 

 

“What? Do I know you?” I questioned him, and he just chuckled.

 

 

“You should. I’m the annoying brat that you hate so much.”

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun?” He smiled again. Before I knew it, I could see his face clearly. It was Kyuhyun, and I smiled before hugging him. “You have no idea how happy I am to see you!”

 

 

“I know,” he said as he hugged me back. “There’s something that I have to tell you. It’s been bothering me for a while now and I just have to tell you.”

 

 

“What is it?” I asked as I pulled away. He smiled sweetly at me before grabbing my shoulders and landed his lips on mine. I widened my eyes in shock. The one and only Cho Kyuhyun is actually kissing me, and I’m doing nothing to push him back. I don’t want to. I don’t want to push him away.

 

 

He pulled away before I could even respond and smiled. “I like you, Sungmin.” I couldn’t believe. He confessed to me. He said he likes me. And for some reason, that makes me feel happy. Suddenly, he removed his hands off of my shoulders and s his arms around my waist, pulling me in closer. I was tempted to kiss him again. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I began getting closer and closer to him as I started to close my eyes. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him forever.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, I-”

 

 

“Sungmin! Wake up!” I groaned as I heard a very loud voice wake me up. I opened my eyes a little to see who it was, and to my surprise, I saw Kyuhyun’s face dangerously close to mine, and my face became a scarlet red.

 

 

“AHH!” I screamed as I backed away until I fell off the bed. I rubbed the back of my head as I began to sit up as Kyuhyun started to laugh at me, and I pouted. “Kyuhyun, what are you doing here!?”

 

 

“Waking you up, of course.”

 

 

“You know what I mean! Why are you in my house!?”

 

 

“Hey, if it wasn’t for me being here, you’d probably be dead by now!”

 

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

 

“Here’s some advice. Never take anything that Hyun Jae gives you. That wine could’ve killed you last night. You’re lucky I was there to make sure you were okay.” I stayed silent for a moment. I remember now. I received a bottle of wine from Hyun Jae yesterday and I was drinking last night. I somehow drank the entire bottle and became really drunk, and then I collapsed. I can’t remember anything after that. But I just woke up from my own bed, so Kyuhyun really did come last night?

 

 

“T-thanks for helping me…,” I mumbled, and he smiled.

 

 

“C’mon, get up! I made breakfast, and I did it right this time!” he cheered as stepped out of my room. I grunted as I began to stand up. My head was still pounding a little from last night, but that’s beside the point.

 

 

What exactly was I dreaming about? I remember running in a dark place with no sound and no one around, and I was crying. But then Kyuhyun showed up unexpectedly. He told me he liked me and then…we…kissed!? What!? Why was I dreaming about that!? How could I ever think that!? What’s wrong with me!? It’s not like Kyuhyun would actually confess to me like that, right? It’s not like he has feelings for me or anything. And I’m 100% certain that I don’t like him. So why did that happen? Argh! Why am I getting so frustrated so early in the morning!?

 

 

I shook off the thought and made my way out of my room towards the dining table, where Kyuhyun was already sitting.

 

 

“Why is your face all red? Are you sick or something?” he asked. I felt my cheeks and they were burning up. I can’t say anything to him! But the more I look at him, the more I’m going to keep thinking about that dream.

 

 

Why does this have to happen to me?

 

 

Ryeowook’s POV

“Go ahead and take a break now, Yesung,” Cho Hee stated. Yesung nodded his head as he took the headphones off of his head and set them on the stand.

 

 

You can probably already guess that Yesung invited me over to SM to hear him sing again, and I couldn’t be happier being here with him. Suddenly, Yesung’s phone started to ring and he signaled Cho Hee to turn off his microphone so we couldn’t hear him. She nodded her head before turning off his microphone and turning towards me, smiling.

 

 

“So, have you made progress yet?” she asked, and I looked at her confused.

 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 

“You know…” She nudged her head towards Yesung. I immediately understood what she meant and began to blush.

 

 

“N-no. Nothing has h-happened yet…” I answered quietly. She came closer to me and patted my back.

 

 

“Don’t worry. Just wait for time to pass. Things will get better soon.” I smiled at her.

 

 

“Thanks.”

 

 

“Oh, and by the way, have you met Yesung’s father yet?” she asked.

 

 

“Well, no. Not really. I mean, I’ve never talked to him before. I just know what he looks like.” She nodded her head and became silent for a moment, like she was thinking really hard about something.

 

 

“Well, just in case you ever run into him somehow, run away. If you can’t and he talks to you, don’t say a word. Don’t listen to anything that he has to say, okay?”

 

 

“W-why?”

 

 

“That man is indeed full of mysteries. Anything he says can make you fall apart instantly and he can manipulate you. I’m just letting you know this because you’re friends with Yesung, and I’m pretty sure his father already knows about you. Just be careful if you’re ever around him, okay?”

 

 

“O-okay…” Knowing all of this about Yesung’s father makes me even more afraid of him. I sure hope I don’t meet him anytime soon.

 

 

Hours later, Yesung was finally finished. We bid our goodbyes to Cho Hee and exited out of the building.

 

 

“I have to run a couple errands, but let me take you home first,” he offered, but I shook my head.

 

 

“Please, go finish your errands. I can go home myself.”

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yeah. I’ll be fine!” I reassured him. He smiled before coming towards me and hugged me. I felt my heart pounding faster and faster and my face getting hotter and hotter. But nevertheless, I hugged him back.

 

 

“I’ll see you later then,” he said as he pulled away before walking off. I blushed and smiled to myself as I began walking in the other direction. Nothing could possibly ruin this day!

 

 

Suddenly, a black car started coming up to me. The person was slowly driving next to me. I stopped walking and the car came to a stop as well. As the window rolled down, I saw a huge man in a black suit and he stared at me for a moment.

 

 

“Are you Kim Ryeowook?” he asked me and I gulped. This could be a very bad idea.

 

 

“Y-yes,” I answered, and I know I shouldn’t have. He smirked at me before rolling the window back up. Instantly, the two back doors opened. Two more men walked out and grabbed my arms. “H-hey! Let go of me!” I yelled, but I knew that it wouldn’t solve anything. Immediately, they threw me inside of the car and got in with me. Before I knew it, the car began moving. It felt so dark in the car. I began to shake because I was frightened. I just got kidnapped; of course I’d be completely terrified! What’s going to happen to me? Someone help me, please!

 

 

After the entirely silent ride, I was finally pulled harshly out of the car. I looked around my surroundings and saw that I was standing in front of a huge building. If my memory is correct, this must be Yesung’s father’s company building. What am I doing here?

 

 

Instantly, I was being dragged inside towards the elevator, where I was being taken to the highest floor in the building. Once the elevator doors opened, I was standing in a dark hallway, with a door in front of me. I gulped again and felt my heart pounding in fear. I have absolutely no idea on what’s about to happen.

 

 

Without hesitation, I was pushed through the doors and was locked in. Afraid of what I was about to see, I looked towards the front and saw a man’s back facing me as he sat on top of his desk. I began shaking again. There’s no doubt about who this man is. This is Yesung’s father. What does he want with me?

 

 

“So, you’re Ryeowook; the person my son talks about non-stop,” he finally said. Yesung even talks about me to his father, but why?

 

 

“N-not to be rude, sir, but why am I here?” I cowardly asked. I should’ve ran like what Cho Hee said. I shouldn’t even talk to him at all. This could get really dangerous.

 

 

“I hear that you spend a lot of time with my son, is that correct?”

 

 

“Y-yes.”

 

 

“Hm. How depressing.”

 

 

“E-excuse me?”

 

 

“You don’t even know how much you’re destroying him.”

 

 

“S-sir, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say-”

 

 

Slam!

 

 

He slammed his fist onto his desk before finally turning around to look at me straight in the eye. I could feel the terror running over me completely.

 

 

“I forbid you to ever see Yesung again,” he stated coldly, and I widened my eyes in full shock.

 

 

“B-but, why?”

 

 

“Don’t you see that you’re ruining his life? Can’t you tell that you’re making his life more difficult now that you’ve appeared?”

 

 

“I-I don’t understa—“

 

 

“Yesung needs to be the heir of my company and take over my business; not become a singer.”

 

 

“But it’s his dream to—“

 

 

“His dream isn’t to become a singer. His dream is to become successful in life, and he chose singing as an excuse. He never once wanted to become a singer in the first place. If he were to take over my company, he would be successful. But every time I tell him, he always has to bring you up and say that you believe that he could succeed into becoming a singer.”

 

 

“W-well, that’s because I really think he ca—“

 

 

“Don’t you realize that you’re going to ruin his future!? He won’t be able to succeed in life if he chooses that pathway! He could be doing better things!” I became silent. I couldn’t say anything else. There wasn’t anything up my sleeve that I could’ve said. “Don’t you realize that you made things much worse for him, you low-life commoner? You’re destroying him even more every time you’re with him.”

 

 

I couldn’t believe it.

 

 

He’s right. He’s absolutely right. I remember Yesung’s asking me sometimes if he should carry on his dream to become a singer, and I always told him he should. He could be doing better things right now of it wasn’t for me. I’m ruining his life. How could I do this to him? I’m a terrible person. I began shaking again, but this time, tears began falling as well.

 

 

“I-I’m so sorry sir. I never really realize what I’ve been doing,” I apologized.

 

 

“If you’re really sorry, then stay away from Yesung. Don’t talk to him, don’t go near him, don’t ever let him see you. You’re forbidden to ever see him again. Do I make myself clear?”

 

 

“…y-yes sir.”

 

 

“Good. Now, get out. If I ever see you near him ever again, I’ll make sure Yesung receives punishment for what you did, and it would be your entire fault.”

 

“Y-yes sir.” I turned around and grabbed the handle on the door, seeing that it was unlocked. I turned the handle and stepped outside into the hallway before closing the door behind me and collapsing onto the floor. I covered my face with my eyes and sobbed quietly into them.

 

 

I never realized how much of a terrible person I am towards the one person I love the most.

 

 

I have to stay away from him. I can’t be near him anymore. I can’t see him anymore.

 

 

Or else something bad will happen to him. I can’t let that happen.

 

 

I’m sorry Yesung. I didn’t realize that this would be our final goodbye.

 

 

But even if this is goodbye, it doesn’t mean I’ll stop loving you.

 

 

I’m not going to stop loving you. I’m protecting you this way.

 

 

 

Goodbye. 



 

A/N: Yes, I know I'm terrible for giving you cute Kyumin in the beginning and then depressing Yewook in the end. I'm also terrible for updating this so late cause I didn't have internet for days. I'm complteley terrible for making Yewook shippers mad at me for this chapter ;_____; *crais in a corner* Hey! I had to do it! Trust me, you're gonna thank me for doing it in, like, a few more chapters. I have everything pkanned out now. I even know how many chapters this story will have, but I'm not going to tell you. Let's just say that we're still too far for this story to end. Too, too far :) Yewook shippers, I promise things will get better. Trust me~ You still love me, right!? :D ...probably not... ;_____; But for Eunhae shippers, Eunhae shall come back in the next chapter ^^ Please comment and subscribe!! <33333333333333333