Chapter 37: Accidentally in Love

I'm Not Cute!

 

Sungmin’s POV

I can’t move.

I’m frozen. It’s even hard to breathe. I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter. My heart beat is getting louder and louder. I can’t even blink.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s face is right next to mine. So close that I can practically feel his hot breath on my face.

 

 

I was just about to wake up and get out of bed to join the others for a nice breakfast until I found myself lying down next to Kyuhyun face to face. I know I said he could share the bed with me for the night, but I didn’t expect to find myself in this situation! What’s worse is that I can’t even move to get away from him! It’s like something is preventing me to move. I can’t do anything but stare at his sleeping face.

 

 

What am I going to do? Kyuhyun is far from waking up right now and the others could come in any minute. I can’t let them see us like this! They might get the wrong idea about us!

 

 

I just can’t stay here all morning staring at his face though. Now that I think about it, this is the first time I’ve ever seen his face this close up. I’ve never really paid attention to the details on his face.

 

 

Unknowingly, I lifted up my hand to gently touch the side of his face with my fingers, making sure to not wake him up. I moved my index finger around his cheek, making a pattern. His skin was so smooth. I trailed my finger down his jawline towards his chin and ending at his other cheek. Kyuhyun stirred a bit in his sleep, making me draw my hand back, thinking that he would wake up, but luckily he didn’t. I took a deep breath before returning to his face. I placed my finger on his temple and moved it till I was right under his eye. I wonder what his eyes look like up close.

 

 

Eventually, my hand traveled down his face until my index finger reached the corner of his mouth. For some unknown reason, I couldn’t stop staring at his lips. They’re just so pink and plump. I couldn’t look away from them. Staring at his lips reminds of that dream I had when we…kissed.

 

 

I bit down on my lip and swallowed the lump in my throat. Why am I thinking about that dream now? That dream was the exact reason why I’m acting differently around Kyuhyun nowadays. I just can’t look at him the same way anymore. I can’t even think of myself just being his friend when we could be something more than that.

 

 

Aish, Lee Sungmin, what are you thinking!? How could the two of you possibly be more than friends!? First off, you’re both guys. You like girls, right? Second, you hate him! Okay, maybe you don’t hate him that much anymore. But you can’t like him like that! You especially can’t be falling in love with him! Now get the thought of you two being more than friends out of your head!

 

 

But, staring at his lips like this, I can’t the thought of us kissing out of my head. I can’t help it. If kissing him in my dream made me so happy, I wonder if in reality, it’ll have the same effect on me.

 

 

Staring at his lips a little longer, unconsciously, I started to get closer to his face, if that was even possible. My nose touched his and my lips were hovering right above his. My face felt even hotter than before and my heart beat got louder and louder. I my dry lips before closing my eyes as I attempted to close the gap between us-

 

 

“KYUHYUN! SUNGMIN HYUNG! WAKEY WAKEY! IT’S TIME TO EAT BREAKFEAST! SO GET YOUR BUTTS OUT OF BED AND COME DOWNSTAIRS ALREADY!” Donghae busted out as he slammed the door wide open, making me open my eyes and push the sleeping Kyuhyun off the bed before he could suspect anything.

 

 

“Ow! What was that for!?” Kyuhyun complained as he sat up, rubbing his head.

 

 

“S-sorry,” I apologized as I sat up as well.

 

 

“Let’s go you guys! It’s time to eat!” Eunhyuk said with a smile on his face as he pulled on Donghae’s arm, heading downstairs. I turned back towards Kyuhyun who stood up, still rubbing the back of his head.

 

 

“You know, if you didn’t want me to sleep on the bed with you, you could’ve just said so.”

 

 

“N-no! I didn’t mean to push you off the bed! It’s just that- I-I….” What am I supposed to say? That I was about to kiss him but pushed him off because I didn’t want anybody to see? Yeah, as if.

 

 

Unexpectedly, Kyuhyun walked towards me and got down to eye level with me. His face was close again, and I could feel myself blushing again.

 

 

“Are you okay? You’re sick again, are you?” he asked.

 

 

“No, o-of course not! W-why would I be s-sick?” I stuttered. He placed his hand on my forehead to feel my temperature.

 

 

“Because your face is red and you feel a little warm. Are you sure nothing is wrong?”

 

 

“I said I’m fine! W-why do you ask so many questions!?”

 

 

“Because I’m worried about you Sungmin.” I didn’t say any more as I jumped out of bed and walked past Kyuhyun as I walked down the stairs to join the others, hoping that my face would cool down.

 

 

Why does my heart always beat faster whenever I’m near him?

 

 

Don’t you dare fall in love with him, Lee Sungmin.

 

 

Don’t you dare.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

There’s something with Sungmin today. Ever since this morning, he’s been acting all weird around me. He’s his normal cute self when he’s with the others, but not me. During the whole day of looking at natural wonders, I’ve been trying to create conversations with him, but he hasn’t said a word to me. He just ignores me and doesn’t even look my way. It’s like he’s avoiding me today. I even asked him if I’ve done something wrong, and he just simply replied a faint “no” to me. Not even Ryeowook or Eunhyuk could tell me what was wrong with Sungmin. It’s really starting to worry me.

 

 

After a tiring day of walking, we decided to end the day going to the beach again. Donghae and Eunhyuk went to play in the water again while Sungmin and Ryeowook were building sand castles together. Yesung and I stood a few feet away from the others, watching how much fun they were having. I buried my feet deep in the sand, feeling the warmth and the cool breeze flow through my hair.

 

 

“You seem pretty relaxed right now,” Yesung said as he began to do the same.

 

 

“Well, I’m not tense. But I can’t say I’m exactly relaxed either.”

 

 

“Worried about Sungmin, aren’t you?” he asked.

 

 

“How did you know?” I questioned.

 

 

“Besides the fact that I noticed all day that he was avoiding you ever since this morning, I can see it on your face when you stare at him like that.”

 

 

“Guess I’m not very good at hiding things then,” I chuckled and he joined with me before it got silent for a moment.

 

 

“About what you said to me before, what did you mean, you ‘can’t love Sungmin’?” Yesung suddenly asked. I stood silent for a while, not wanting to give him an answer. “Are you worried about Father finding out about it?”

 

 

“I guess you can say that…”

 

 

“Kyuhyun, you and I both know that we don’t care what Father thinks of us. He’s more afraid of us than you think. Just look at me and Ryeowook now. I already told him how much I love him, and he backed off. Don’t let him ruin your chance to be with Sungmin.”

 

 

“It’s easy for you to say!” I raised my voice a little at him. “Father has already given up on you being the heir of his stupid company. His decision has already been made after what you told him…”

 

 

“Wait, Kyuhyun, don’t tell me that…you’re…”

 

 

“He made me the heir of his company. He gave up on you right when you confronted him. He told me his final decision weeks ago.”

 

 

His eyes widened, and his mouth dropped open. “Kyuhyun, I-I… I’m so sorry, I didn’t know he would-”

 

 

“It’s fine. You deserve to be with Ryeowook.”

 

 

“But you don’t deserve to be under his control! Didn’t you always decline the position of being the heir ever since the beginning? What happened to the strong kid that always stood up to him? Why did you just give up like that!?”

 

 

“You think I want to be the heir of a stupid company!? It wasn’t my decision to make! And it never was! I would do anything to get me out of this position to stay by Sungmin’s side! But I can’t! I just can’t…” I crouched down to the ground into a little ball and buried my face between my knees.

 

 

“Why not, Kyuhyun? Why not?” Yesung asked gently as he sat down next to me.

 

 

“…Father knows. He knows how I feel about Sungmin already. He’ll do something to him if I don’t do this. I don’t want him laying a finger on him. I want to protect Sungmin from him. He’s got nothing to do with my life, so I’m keeping him away from my life and Father. I don’t want him getting involved. I don’t want him to get hurt because of me. I want to keep him out of trouble. I want to keep him safe.” I hugged my legs tighter as I buried of my face deeper. I tried to keep the tears in my eyes.

 

 

“Kyuhyun…I…” Yesung began but had nothing to say.

 

 

“I’m engaged, Yesung. To Hyun Jae. I’m having an arranged marriage with her a few months from now. I’m forced to spend the rest of my life with her instead of Sungmin.”

 

 

“…Kyuhyun, you’re already in love with Sungmin, aren’t you?” Yesung asked. Tears finally rolled down my cheeks as I nodded my head slowly. “But in order to keep Sungmin safe, you want to keep him out of your life and stop loving him?” Again, I nodded my head slowly. “You’re willing to marry Hyun Jae and be ripped apart from the one you love rather than fighting for what you want?”

 

 

“I don’t want to risk any chances…”

 

 

“And what if Sungmin loved you back?”

 

 

“He doesn’t love me. How could he when he only sees me barely as a friend?”

 

 

“Really? You can’t tell by the way he looks at you? Or by the way he acts around you? Or by the way he talks about you? You’re in love, Kyuhyun. You’re both in love. And I’m not going to let our own father ruin this for you. You deserve to live your life the way you want it to be. And that includes having Sungmin by your side. And because I’m your older brother, I’ll help you get out of this mess. I promise you, no matter what happens, you’re going to have your happy ending with the one really love. I’ll get you out of being the heir and I’ll get you out of that marriage. Don’t lose hope, Kyuhyun. You love him. You love him too much to just give him up like this.” I felt Yesung rubbing my back as I continued to cry harder, silently.

 

 

“I love him, hyung. So much…!”  

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

I can’t believe I left my phone at the beach. How could I have been so careless!? It’s already 10:00pm and I’m out here looking for my phone while everyone else is getting ready for bed. At least I had a good day today.

 

 

Okay, I wouldn’t actually say I had a good day. I was avoiding Kyuhyun all day today because of what happened this morning. I’m sure I just made him even more worried since I didn’t say anything to him. I have to give myself a mental note to remind myself that I have to apologize to him about that.

 

 

Speaking of being worried, early today when we were at the beach, I noticed that Yesung and Kyuhyun were talking. Kyuhyun seemed upset about something. He looks like he has a lot on his mind right now. I need to find something to help him cheer up since I know he won’t tell me anything. I know it’s not right to be nosy, but I can’t help it. I want to know why he doesn’t talk to me about his problems; or his life. I just want to help him.

 

 

Ah, there’s my phone! I quickly ran over to where my phone was and picked it up, dusting off the sand that was on it. I happily placed in my pocket before walking towards the beach house. However, when I turned around, I saw a dark figure standing in the middle of the walkway. I couldn’t point out exactly what it was, but it looked like a person. I walked closer to the figure to see if I could get a closer look at it. Once I was back on the walkway I walked towards the street light to see the person’s face properly. And my jaw dropped as far as it could go.

 

 

It was Kyuhyun’s father standing in front of me.

 

 

I stood frozen in place. I couldn’t move nor blink.

 

 

What is he doing here? He’s not supposed to know that we all took a vacation here. What am I gonna do now?

 

 

Suddenly, he came closer to me into the light, and smiled. A nasty smile.

 

 

“Well, well, well, look what we have here. I didn’t expect to see you here so late at night, Lee Sungmin. It’s nice to see you again.”

 

 

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked, still unable to move from my spot.

 

 

“I own a beach house here and thought I’d visit it today, but it seems as if you already knew that. I’d love to stay and chat, but I must be on my way back to Seoul.” With that, he began to walk past me until he stopped by my side and placed his hand on my shoulder. “Hope you have a nice stay at my beach house, Lee Sungmin. And tell Kyuhyun I said hello.” He took his hand off of my shoulder and walked back into the darkness until I couldn’t see him anymore. I was finally able to move my feet, but instead of walking, I began running back to the others.

 

 

My heart is racing again. How did he know that we were all here? Does Kyuhyun know that his father is here? How am I going to tell them that I just saw him? What’s going on!?

 

 

After minutes of running, I finally made it back to the beach house. The maids greeted me as they opened the doors for me and handed me a glass of water to sip on as I was catching my breath. Once I finished the glass of water, I walked up stairs towards the room Kyuhyun and I shared. I was sure Yesung and Ryeowook were already asleep while Eunhyuk and Donghae were still up playing some kind of game.

 

 

Once I reached the door to my room, I opened it only to find that on one was inside.

 

 

“Kyuhyun?” I called out, but got no response. He must be in the restroom. I reached over to my suitcase to grab some pajamas to change into. Once I was changed, I sat on the bed and waited for Kyuhyun to come back.

 

 

How am I going to tell him that I met his father earlier? This is the second time I’ve met with him. Why do I feel like something weird is going on?

 

 

Suddenly I heard a noise coming out from the hallway. “Kyu?” I called out again, but got nothing in response again. I decided to get up from bed and walk out of the room to see if he was there. When I opened the door, surely it was Kyuhyun who was out in the hall, but I didn’t expect the next thing to happen.

 

 

Opening the door, Kyuhyun was just about to come in, so we walked right into each other, making me fall backwards.

 

 

“Sungmin!” he called out, trying to catch me from falling. Instead of catching me like what was planned, he fell with me while holding onto my waist.

 

 

And the craziest thing happened.

 

 

Our faces were close to each other’s. Closer than they ever been. Our eyes were exactly the same as they were wide open. The gap between us closed.

 

 

His lips were on mine.

 

 

My lips were on his.

 

 

And we kissed. 

 


 

A/N: I'm so sorry for thet long wait! ;AAAAA; My laptop broke so I had to get a new desktop. But other than that, I'm ashamed to say that I had a little writer's block before I started writing this chapter. I write this chapter all night and posting it on the same night because I haven't updated in almost a month. I didn't want to keep you guys waiting, so that's why this chapter is so poorly written >.< I aplogize a thousand times!! *headdesks everywhere* So to make it up to you, I gave you an accidental Kyumin kiss! Le gasp! :O And now you know why Kyu can't love Min, but he does anyway <3 HOLY SHISUS. 483 SUBSCRIBERS!? WELCOME ALL NEW BUNNIES <3 And 16 votes on my story! Thank you so much for voting for my story! It means a lot that you guys like this story so much :) I must really thank you for subscribing since it's been over a year since I started this story! (I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THE ANNIVERSARY IF THIS STORY. WHAT KIND OF AUTHOR AM I ;AAAAAA;) But in all seriousness, I started this story last year thinking that I wasn't going to get many people reading it. Its been over a year now, I have 37 chapters uploaded (and still going, we have a lot more chapters to go through before this is over), 483 subscribers, and 20,669 views. I honestly couldn't be happier. I never would've thought one of my stories would get this popular. Really, it means a lot to me :') I'm just an ordinary fangirl/writer and it fills me with joy knowing that people want to read what I write. So really, thank you so much <3 You're all wonderful bunnies :3 Next chapter shall have Eunhae! I think xD Please comment and subscribe! <33333333333333333

Oh, and about that new story I had in mind. I still don't want to post the forward just yet, so just keep waiting for that x) All I can say about it for now is that it's mainly a Kyumin fic with little Yewook and Eunhae~ I'll just keep giving you hints until I post the real forward later :)