Chapter 5: Oh look! A fish!

I'm Not Cute!

Eunhyuk's POV

Working at this new place was no problem at all. It's way better than my last job. I was a dancer; well, sort of. Performer was what was called. I worked at another restaurant, and call it dinner theatre if you want: I performed while people ate. When I first took the job, I didn't know what I was suppose to do. I got on stage the first time and just froze. Then some music started to play, and I started doing what I loved best.

 

 

I danced.

 

 

Dancing is the only thing I'm good at. Not that I'm praising myself or anything, but the people at the restraunt seemed to like it. I was happy that I had something to do. That is, until I got paid. It was barely enough to supply me a month of food. I wanted to quit, but I need as much money as I can get. I live alone after all. Plus, dancing is what I love, so I stayed with it.

 

 

Until people started to get bored. 

 

 

I didn't know what else to do. My boss yelled at me for not doing something different. After a few minutes with arguing with him, he fired me. I was kinda happy and upset about it. I didn't have to work for him anymore, but I couldn't dance anymore. Well, I still do, but only for myself to see. I'm just glad Ryeowook got me this job. At least I get paid more. 

 

 

Suddenly, I heard bells jingle, meaning someone had come in. I placed a coffee mug in front of a customer before I turned around to greet them, and I smiled when I saw Ryewook. He went towards the back and once I was done with another customer, I followed him. 

 

 

"Hyukkie!" he squealed as he hugged me. "So you guys are friends now?"

 

 

"Of course we are, right Sungmin hyung?" I smiled. 

 

 

"Yeah. Good friends." Ryeowook's smile got wider. "Well, I gotta go now. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

 

 

"See ya, Sungmin hyung."

 

 

"Bye hyung! Text you later!" And with that, he was already out. I looked at Ryeowook, who was still smiling. 

 

 

"What are you smiling for?" I asked. 

 

 

"Because you're here, of course!" He jumped on me again and I had to chuckle. This kid is so cute sometimes. Once he let go, he changed into his uniform and we both got to work. The place wasn't busy, but it wasn't empty either. It was enough for a good working pace.

 

 

After a few more customers, I looked at the clock. Only a half an hour left until I'm done here. For my first day, I have to say that it was pretty good. Suddenly, I heard bells jingle, meaning someone had come in. I turned around from the counter to look at the customer. 

 

 

It was a guy who looked maybe around my age. He had on a white cap which was blocking half of his face. He wore a black jacket and regular skinny jeans. Is this guy not cold? He also had a white duffle bag over his shoulder. As he walked closer, I saw he was looking around curiously, and I stood with a smile.

 

 

"Welcome, sir! May I get you something?" I asked cheerfully. He turned his attention towards me and didn't say anything. He just stared at me. SInce he was up closer to me, I saw the rest of his face, and I couldn't help but stare. Slowly, I felt my face becoming pink and coughed lightly, biting my lip.

 

 

"Am I really that good-looking?" he said with a cheesy smile, and I blushed even more. 

 

 

"M-may I get you something?" I repeated while stuttering, and he laughed a little. 

 

 

"So cute!" he exclaimed, still having that cheesy smile on his face. I blushed even more. 

 

 

"Are you going to order something or not?" I looked away so he wouldn't have to look at my face. 

 

 

"You should come play with me!" I looked at him like he was weird. What is he, five?

 

 

"Ah, Donghae-ah!" Mr. Lee called out. The guy in front of me smiled at him and quickly walked over to him to give him a hug. 

 

 

"Appa!" he exclaimed. I just stared at them confused. Wait, appa? Does that mean-

 

 

"Eunhyuk, meet my son, Donghae. This is my son I was talking to you about earlier," Mr. Lee informed me. So this is his son?

 

 

"U-um, nice to meet you. I'm Hyukjae, but you may call me Eunhyuk," I stated nicely and stook my hand out. He smiled again and threw his arms around me. 

 

 

"I'm gonna call you Hyukkie from now on!" he exclaimed once again. He leaned in close and whispered, "You're my Hyukkie~" into my ear, which made me blush furiously and gently push him away.

 

 

"Donghae!" I heard Ryeowook call from behind me. Once again, his smile appeared. 

 

 

"Wookie!" he cheered as he skipped over to him for a hug. So Ryeowook did already know who he was. 

 

 

"Eunhyuk, I want you to spend sometime with him, okay? He hasn't been in Seoul for a while," Mr. Lee informed me. 

 

 

"Where has he been?" I asked. He smiled. 

 

 

"Why don't you go ask him that yourself?" And with that, I watched him go back into the kitchen. I turned back to Ryeowook and Donghae. Suddenly, the bells on the door jingled, meaning a customer had come in. As Ryeowook went to go serve them, Donghae turned back to me and smiled before throwing himself onto me again. 

 

 

"Hyukkie!" he squealed as he gave me a tight hug and I blushed. Seriosuly, how old is this guy?

 

 

"Uh, c-can you get off of me?" I asked politely, yet awkwardly. He chuckled as he let me go. "S-so, um, Donghae, your dad says that you haven't been in Seoul for a while. Where've you been?"

 

 

"Aww, my Hyukkie wants to know more about me," he smiled. 

 

 

"Y-yah! Who are you calling 'your Hyukkie'? I'm nobody's!" I scoffed, trying to look annoyed, but I guess I ended up pouting instead, and he chuckled. 

 

 

"I was in America."

 

 

"America? For what?"

 

 

"Well, you see, I'm trainee at SM. I'm gonna be a back up dancer, and I went to America to train there for a couple months, so now I'm back here to train." I stared at him in amazement. 

 

 

"You're a trainee at SM?! Seriously?!" He chuckled once more. 

 

 

"Yeah. Are you jealous?"

 

 

"Uh, yeah! Its always been my dream to be a dancing trainee at SM! You're so lucky!" 

 

 

"Oh, you dance too?" he asked. 

 

 

"Uh, w-well, um, y-yeah...a little bit...I'm not very g-good though....." Why the heck do I keep stuttering and blushing? I'm not afraid to gloat a little about my dancing, am I?

 

 

"Aww, my Hyukkie is so cute when he's embarrassed." I blushed again. What's with this guy? Once second he's acting like a cute little kid, and then he suddenly turns all mature....and cool....and sweet....and- What am I saying?!

 

 

"Eunhyuk hyung, isn't you shift over?" Ryeowook asked me. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked outside. The sun was going down. My shift was over. I looked back at Donghae, who just pouted. 

 

 

"Aww, I wanna play with Hyukkie some more!" he whined. Aish, there he goes again. 

 

 

"Why don't you walk him home? He doesn't mind, right hyung?" Ryeowook smiled at me. I kept mouthing the word "no" while shaking my head. I don't want him following me home! "See? He said he doesn't mind!" I would've facepalmed right then and there if Donghae didn't grab my arm.

 

 

"C'mon Hyukkie! You have to change out of your uniform!" Donghae cheered as he as dragged me towards the back. 

 

 

"T-that's okay. I'll just walk out in my uniform," I stated quickly as I put my coat on and grabbed my bag. I didn't want to change in front of him! That's so awkward. As I was ready to leave, I opened the door and walked towards the front while Donghae followed me. 

 

 

"I'll text you later, Wookie," I said as I was about to walk out. 

 

 

"Bye Wookie! See you later!" Donghae cheered. 

 

 

"Bye bye!" Ryeowook squeaked as he waved good-bye. Once I finally stepped out, I instantly walked towards my home with Donghae by my side. 

 

 

"I get to see where my Hyukkie lives!" he said with a smile. 

 

 

"Yah, what did I tell you? I don't belong to you."

 

 

"Yes you do! You're my Hyukkie now!"

 

 

"Would you stop saying that? I am not!"

 

 

"Okay, maybe not officially, but you will soon." I stopped and looked at him like he was crazy. 

 

 

"What do you mean I will soon?" He stopped as well and showed me that cheesy smile again. I swear I was about to faint when I saw it. He walked in front of me and came closer, holding both of my  hands. 

 

 

"Because I kinda like you," he stated without hesitation and continued to smile. I stared at him surprised - shocked, even - and blushed again. This guy -- who I haven't even known for a couple of hours -- is saying that he kinda likes me?! What is this?! "You really blush a lot. You're so cute," he chuckled as I just stared at him. Finally, I was able to move my legs and start walking, while he still stayed right beside me. 

 

 

"I-I'm not cute...." I mumbled. No one had ever called me cute before. 

 

 

"Hey Hyukkie, has anyone ever told you that you look like a monkey?" he asked oh-so-innocently. What?! First he tells me he kinda likes me, then he called me cute, now he's calling me a monkey?! Why is he insulting me?

 

 

"Oh yeah! Well...you look like a fish!" I shouted while sticking my tounge out. He just stared at me, not saying a word. Ha! How do you like me now?! Well, I wasn't kidding when I said he looked like a fish. I mean, just look at his face!

 

 

"How did you know that was my nickname Hyukkie?" he asked while smiling/ I raised my eyebrow. Nickname? Donghae.....East Sea.....oh, facepalm moment. 

 

 

"Ugh!" I grunted and walked away, but I knew he was still following me. Finally, I saw my apartment complex, and I smiled. I made it! I ran all the way to my apartment quickly. Good thing it wasn't far. When I reached my door, i quickly grabbed my keys, unlocked the door, and stepped inside. "Well, it was really nice meeting you Donghae, but I think you should be going now," I stated with an annoyed smile on my face. 

 

 

"I wanna go insde your house though!" he whined. Aish...

 

 

"No! Go away!" I whined back and shut the door. I pressed my back against the door and sighed. I can't believe this guy actually said he likes me. He doesn't even know me! How can he like me?! Especially since he's a guy! I don't even like anything about him. Well, maybe except for his eyes....his smile.....his voice....and he's really cute- Aish! Yah! Lee Hyukjae! You do not like that fishy! Don't think about weird things! 

 

 

"I'll come by and see you tomorrow Hyukkie!" I heard Donghae shout from outside before he walked away. I don't know what made me do it, but I smiled and chuckled a little bit at the way he said it. How can he act so mature, yet still be a little kid?

 

 

Aish, that Lee Donghae.

 

 

He really is something else...

 

 

Ryeowook's POV

It's not very long until my shift is over. Even though Eunhyuk work here now, he still gets out earlier than me, so its still a little lonely here at night. Once again, there isn't a lot of people here tonight. So, being the bored person I am, I was leaning on the counter, just playing with the straws. No one was here anyway. I sighed. I wish something exciting happened. 

 

 

Suddenly, the bells on the door jingled. I tunred my head a little bit to see who it was, and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was that guy again! The one with the turtle bag! He came again! I blushed when he came closer to the counter. 

 

 

"W-welcome, amy I get you something?" I stuttered. He wore different clothes than he did before, but he still looked the same. A hat on his head and the same turtle bag over his shoulder. I blushed when he suddenly smiled at me. 

 

 

"Ah, you're still here. Hmm, I'll take a small caffé mocha and a Mallorca sweet bread." It was the same thing he got the last time he was here. 

 

 

"That'll be 10,000 won please." He handed me the money and I packed it inside the cash register. I handed him his receipt and went to go make his drink while taking bread from the back. I returned with what he wanted, handed it to him, and he thanked me before sitting down at a table, looking at his phone again. Then, I just remembered. I forgot to give him napkins again! I grabbed a couple from the counter and walkede over to him as I handed it to him, and he smiled again.

 

 

"You were careful this time," he said. I tilted my head a little because I was confused. Careful this time? What did he mean? Then I remembered that last time I tried to give him napkins, when I tripped. My face turned red in embarrassment. 

 

 

"Ah, y-yes..." I stuttered quietly, and he just chuckled. He grabbed all of his belongings and stood up. 

 

 

"See ya around," he said as he ruffled my hair and turned to leave. My face was red. He's leaving again, and I still don't know his name. Come on, Ryeowook! Before he leaves! 

 

 

"W-what's you're name?!" I squeaked. He turned aroun and looked at me funny. "I-I mean, y-you know mine, s-so...what's yours?" I stuttered quietly again, and he smiled. Oh geez, that smile. I would love to see that smile everyday. 

 

 

"Its Yesung," he simply stated before going. Yesung...even his name sounds perfect. I smiled as I kept repeating his name in my head. 

 

 

"Ryeowook?" I heard my name being called and turned around to see Mr. Lee. 

 

 

"Yes sir?"

 

 

"You can leave early tonight. I'm going to spend time with Donghae tonight."

 

 

"Okay, thank you, sir!" I cheered before I went to the back to grab my belongings. Once I was sure I had everything, I was about to leave when I saw Sungmin hyung's phone and keys lying on a table. He must of left it here. Does that mean he wasn't able to get inside his house this whole time? Oh no! I quickly grabbed his phone and keys before running out of the café towards Sungmin's house. Once I reached his house, I saw Sungmin leaning against some guy's shoulder, sleeping. The guy looked at me, and I just stared at him.

 

 

"Are you Sungmin's friend?" he asked me in a hushed tone. 

 

 

"Y-yes. He left his phone and his keys."

 

 

"Would you mind opening the door then? He's had a long day." I nodded and walked up to his door to unlock it. When I opened his door, the guy picked Sungmin up and carried him inside. I showed him to Sungmin's room and he laid him on his bed. 

 

 

"Um, excuse me, but..."

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Are you Kyuhyun, by any chance?" I asked. 

 

 

"How do you know my name?" he questioned, and I grinned. 

 

 

"Hyung told me. I'm Ryeowook, its nice to meet you. Thanks for taking care of him," thanked, and he grinned as well. 

 

 

"No problem. Oh by the way..." He reached into his coat and pulled out a pair of pink gloves. "Can you give these to him when he wakes up?" He handed the gloves to me and I smiled even wider. 

 

 

"Sure!"

 

 

"Okay, I better get going. See ya around," he said before leaving. 

 

 

Hmm, he sounded just like Yesung when he left....


A/N: Very long chapter is very long~ Again, sorry about the long wait. I hadn't had any chance to write this chapter because I was getting ready for semester finals all month >.< But finally they're over and I was able to finish the chapter! And let me tell you, pmsing while being sick during final week is not fun >.> But I'm over it now~ So, I just noticed three days ago that it was my one-year anniversary on aff! Yay me! A whole year of reading and writing fanfics <3 I wanna say thanks to all of you who read this fic, and those who have read my other fics. It means a lot to me :) Please comment and subscribe! <333333

By the way, would anyone like to make a poster for me? I'll give you cookies if you do :)