Chapter 23: One Day

I'm Not Cute!

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Thank you and enjoy your coffee!” I exclaimed to the customer as they made their way to a table. It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve started working in this café again. I didn’t realize how many absences I had from work, but Mr. Lee doesn’t seem to mind. But now I’m back and ready to work as hard as I can. Suddenly, I heard bells jingle, meaning that someone had come in. I looked towards the entrance and saw Eunhyuk happily walking in.

 

 

“Morning, Sungmin hyung!” he cheered and I smiled back at him.

 

 

“Morning, Eunhyuk! You seem really happy today.”

 

 

“I am! I haven’t seen that fish this entire morning. It’s like a miracle happened.” I raised my eyebrow at him and looked at him weirdly.

 

 

“I thought you didn’t mind having Donghae around now that you like him and all-”

 

 

“Shh! Don’t say that so loud!” he whispered, trying to hide his blushing face.

 

 

“You mean, you don’t like him anymore?” I asked.

 

 

“N-no, I d-do…” he stuttered.

 

 

“Then what’s the problem?”

 

 

“I don’t want him to know that just yet. Cause, you know, I’m in a tight situation with him and Siwon at the moment, and things are really complicated at the moment. Whenever I see Siwon, Donghae is there, and whenever I see Donghae, Siwon is there. Everything is just so frustrating at the moment and- UGH!” He let out a loud grunt before collapsing on my shoulder. I put my arms around him and patted his back. “Why does this sort of thing have to happen to me?”

 

 

“You know, you’re the first person I’ve ever met whose ever hated being in a love triangle. Lots of girls would do anything to have two guys fall for them.”

 

 

“Well then girls are weird,” he mumbled, and I just chuckled at him. Just then, I heard bells jingle, meaning someone else had come in. I looked towards the entrance and saw no other then Kyuhyun walking towards the counter.

 

 

“Good morning, Minnie,” he greeted with a smile that suddenly made me blush a little out of nowhere.

 

 

“M-morning K-Kyu,” I stuttered a little. He looked towards the depressed Eunhyuk and raised his eyebrow at me.

 

 

“What’s wrong with the monkey?” he asked.

 

 

“He’s having problems at the moment.” Eunhyuk mumbled incoherent things on my shoulder to express his frustrations and I continued to pat his back. “Is there something you want?”

 

 

“One medium latte. Extra whipped cream.”

 

 

“Why do you always get the same thing when you come here? Why don’t you get something different?”

 

 

“One medium latte. Extra whipped cream. And a cookie.” I rolled my eyes at his childish/evilish smile and took Eunhyuk off of my shoulder to get his order. Once I got what he wanted, he paid the correct amount as I handed him his latte and cookie.

 

 

“HYUKKIE!” I heard someone scream as I heard the door open once more. I looked up and saw Donghae with the biggest smile on his face. Instantly, he ran across the café and tackled Eunhyuk to the ground, making him groan in pain. Thank God that I don’t have to put up with that.

 

 

“Hae, get off of me!” Eunhyuk whined. Suddenly, their existence became invisible to me as I noticed something twinkle on Kyuhyun’s neck. I looked more closely and saw that he was wearing the necklace that I gave him.

 

 

“What are you looking at?” Kyuhyun asked as he took a sip out of his latte.

 

 

“You’re wearing it,” I replied. He was confused for a moment until he looked towards where I was looking and smiled.

 

 

“Yeah. I’m gonna wear it every day now. And I’m never taking it off.” I smiled. Knowing that he really likes what I gave him makes me a lot happier. “I better get going now. I’ll drop by again later.” Kyuhyun grabbed a hold of Donghae’s collar and practically dragged him away from Eunhyuk out of the café while he was screaming something about not wanting to leave Eunhyuk. I went towards him and helped him stand up.

 

 

“I don’t know what you see in him,” I told him and he hung his head.

 

 

“I’m starting to wonder about that as well…”

 

 

Later

I watched the customer leave before looking towards the wall clock. It was already 2:50pm. Just five more minutes until I’m out of here. I’m just about ready to pass out from working. It was extremely busy today. Even with Eunhyuk’s help, it wasn’t enough; especially when Siwon came in unexpectedly and dragged him away for half an hour. But it’s finally almost over. I can’t wait to just go home and throw myself onto my bed.

 

 

Just then, I heard bells jingle, meaning someone had come in, or in this case, two. I looked towards the entrance and saw Kyuhyun walked in. I was wondering why he had an annoyed expression on his face, until I saw who was standing behind him and I also had an annoyed expression on my face.

 

 

Hyun Jae.

 

 

Time to run her over with a car in my mind.

 

 

“Oppa, are you sure you want to eat here? This where commoners eat!” she whined.

 

 

“If you don’t want to eat here, then go away. I didn’t ask you to come with me,” he told her, obviously sounding mad. Once they finally reached the counter, Hyun Jae noticed me and glared at me while I glared at her back.

 

 

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the pathetic commoner. Why aren’t I surprised to find you working in a place like this?” I scoffed.

 

 

“Why aren’t I surprised to see you still being annoying as ever?” She scoffed as well. I looked towards Kyuhyun and noticed that he wasn’t wearing the necklace that I gave him. Didn’t he say he would never take it off? Why did he decide to take it off now? Because she’s here? Is he ashamed to show her what I gave him? Suddenly, we heard a phone ringing and she reached into her gigantic purse to take out her phone.

 

 

“I’ll be right back oppa!” she squealed as she stepped outside to answer her phone. I crossed my arms and began to pout.

 

 

“What’s she doing here?” I asked.

 

 

“She followed me here. I didn’t mean to bring her.” I continued to look mad at him. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

 

“You’re a liar.”

 

 

“What did I lie about this time?”

 

 

“You said you’d wear the necklace every day and never take it off. If you didn’t like it, you could’ve just said so.”

 

 

“But I do like it.”

 

 

“Then why aren’t you wearing it? Because you don’t want her to see it? Are you ashamed of it?”

 

 

“Of course not. I already let her see it. She got angry when I told her that you gave it to me. She said if she saw it again, she’d get rid of it. I didn’t want her touching it, so I took it off.” Suddenly, he took out his hand that’s been in his pocket and showed me the necklace that was wrapped around his hand. “I had it wrapped around my hand the entire day, so technically, I never took it off.”

 

 

“Oh.” I should think before I go ahead and say something. I don’t even know why I’m worrying over about something like this. Should I really care about whether or not he wears it? It’s none of my business. It’s not like I actually care for this kid. “Sorry…” I apologized. I thought he’d be a little mad at me for accusing him, but instead, he smiled. The smile that was still so different.

 

 

“You’re so cute,” he stated, causing me the blush a little and pout once again.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

 

“One medium latte. Extra whipped cream.” I rolled my eyes but chuckled a little at his same order from this morning and every other day. I quickly went to get his order and brought it back to him as he paid for it. Suddenly, Hyun Jae came back in with a hideous smile on her face.

 

 

“Oppa, your father would like to talk to you,” she said as she handed him her phone. I started to get worried when mentioned his father, and Kyuhyun seemed to notice it. He motioned his hand in his pocket that was still holding the necklace that I gave him, reassuring that everything was going to be okay. Once he stepped out of the café, Hyun Jae turned to me and we began a glaring war again.

 

 

“Do you want something or not?”

 

 

“Eww, no. Of course not. Why would I buy anything from a commoner’s café?” she scoffed.

 

 

“Then might I suggest you getting out of here since you have no business left to do here?”

 

 

“Oh, but I do have business to take care of with you.”

 

 

“And what could it possibly be? It better be something worth my time, otherwise, I’ll just kick you out of here. Literally.”

 

 

“Oh Sungmin, I was only going to give you a present.” I stared at her like she was weird. Of all people, why would she want to give me something? She reached inside her gigantic purse and took out a smaller bag and handed it to me. I was afraid to take it at first because she might’ve given me a bomb or something that would kill me. I looked inside and found no other than a red bottle of wine.

 

 

“Wine? Why are you giving me wine?” I asked.

 

 

“Because you seem to really like wine. I don’t drink much, so you can have it.”

 

 

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you’re trying to kill me with poisonous wine.” She laughed. Or more like she squeaked obnoxiously and annoyingly.

 

 

“Why on earth would I want to try and poison you, Sungmin?”

 

 

“Well, I know I would.” She glared one more time and I just smirked at her. Take that, Hyun Jae! I started thinking about poisoning her with poisonous wine in my head and silently chuckled. It seems more exciting than running her over with a car. Just then, Kyuhyun stepped inside the café once more and tossed Hyun Jae her phone back, almost making her drop it.

 

 

“I gotta go now. I’ll see you later, Sungmin.” He showed me a smile before heading out, making Hyun Jae scramble out door, following him.

 

 

“Bye, Kyu…” I looked towards the clock, seeing that it was finally 3:00pm. I can finally go home.

 

 

 

 

It was already 8:00pm once I got out of the shower. I put on my favorite pink pajamas and ruffled my hair with a white towel to dry it. I made my way towards the kitchen and decided to get a drink of water before I headed for bed. Before I could grab a cup, I noticed the bag that Hyun Jae gave me that was sitting on my counter. I took out the wine bottle and took a good look at it. I didn’t have a label on it or anything. I took off the top and smelled the inside. It didn’t smell poisonous at all. It smelled like any other wine. It didn’t seem to be that bad. Plus, I could go for some wine right now. I reached into the cupboard and grabbed a wine glass and poured the red wine inside. I swirled it around the glass for a little bit before taking a small sip of it. To be honest, it actually tasted really good. It didn’t taste funny at all. I took another sip of it and smiled. This wine was amazing! I took a look into the bag and found a note in it. I took out the note and read what it said.

 

 

Stay away from my Kyu oppa!

 

 

What the heck? She tells me stay away from Kyuhyun, yet she still gives me wine? What’s wrong with her? Is this her way of torture? Whatever. I’m just going to enjoy more of the wine. I drank the entire glass of wine before pouring more and drinking it.

 

 

Suddenly, my head started to pound. Don’t tell me that I’m already getting drunk. It’s only been two glasses! I’m probably just getting tired. Yeah, that’s it. I’ll just have one more glass and then it’s off to bed.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Sungmin! Sungmin, open up!” I yelled as I banged on his door. I even tried ringing his doorbell, but he still didn’t answer. I know it’s like 9:00pm right now and the neighbors are probably sleeping, but I didn’t care. Hyun Jae told me that she gave Sungmin wine, and knowing her, something was bound to go bad. I suddenly remembered that I had a copy of his key to his house. Luckily for me, I found it in my pocket and inserted it into the keyhole. With one turn, the door unlocked and I rushed myself in.

 

 

The lights were still on in the kitchen and the light in his bedroom was still on. “Sungmin?” I called out, but I didn’t get a reply. I looked around the living room and the kitchen, but I didn’t see him. I finally made it towards his room and gasped when I saw Sungmin lying face down on the floor with an empty wine glass in his hand.

 

 

“Sungmin!” I yelled as I rushed over to him and flipped him over, laying him down on my lap. His eyes were completely closed and he motionless. I shook him a little, but he didn’t wake up. How many shots did he take? I looked over towards his nightstand and found a wine bottle. I picked up and shook it. There was nothing in it. Did he drink the entire bottle? He wouldn’t do that all in one night. “Sungmin? Sungmin, wake up!” I shook him a little more, but he didn’t move at all.

 

 

This was scaring me. I couldn’t believe it myself, but tears were starting to form in my eyes. “Sungmin, please wake up,” I said quietly this time. He didn’t move. I have to get him to a hospital. Sungmin, you have to be okay. You have to be!

 

 

“Mmm…” I heard him mumble as he began to open his eyes slightly.

 

 

“S-Sungmin?” It took him a few tries to get his eyes completely open and lock his eyes with mine.

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun?” he whispered.

 

 

“Sungmin, are you-”

 

 

“Kyu!!!” he exclaimed as he sat up and wrapped his arms around my neck. “Yay! You’re here! Now we can play some games!” I never thought I’d say this, but thank God that he’s only drunk. I sighed and smiled in relief.

 

 

“No, Sungmin, you need to sleep.”

 

 

“What!? But I’m not tired!” he whined.

 

 

“But you’re drunk.”

 

 

“I’m not drunk!” he slurred. I helped him stand up and held onto him so he wouldn’t fall.

 

 

“If you go to sleep now, I promise I’ll buy you something.”

 

 

“Really!? I want a bunny! Can I have a bunny? Please Kyu, please?” he begged, and I just laughed because he’s still so cute when he’s drunk.

 

 

“Okay, you can have a bunny. Now get into bed.” I helped him get under his covers and tucked him in. I took the empty wine bottle and went towards the kitchen to throw it away. Before I went back into his room, I found a note sitting on the counter. I read it and immediately knew that it was from Hyun Jae. Aish, that girl. I can’t believe she gave him strong wine and he took it. At least he only got drunk from it and nothing serious happened. I really can’t leave him alone for one second if he’s going to get himself into trouble that easily. I turned off the lights and walked back into Sungmin’s room, where he was already in a deep sleep. I turned off the light and sat on his bed next to him. I stared down at him and smiled as I brushed the hair away from his face.

 

 

“Aish, you really had me worried,” I whispered, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to hear it. I bent down and kissed his eyelids, making sure that he would sleep well. Unknowingly, I began to lay down beside him pulled him a little closer to me. Our faces were only inches apart, and I just stared at him, admiring how he looked. Is it wrong to say that he looks beautiful when he sleeps? I placed my hand on his cheek and caressed it with my thumb. I started getting closer to his face, feeling his breath on my face.

 

 

Before I knew it, I had already begun to kiss his pink lips. He tasted like wine, but still tasted very sweet to me. Afraid that he was going to wake up, I quickly pulled away to see a reaction from him, but he was still asleep, and I sighed in relief. I pulled him closer to me and wrapped my arms around his small waist.

 

 

“I like you, Sungmin,” I whispered in his ear, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to hear me anyway, and drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

Maybe one day, I’ll tell him.

 

 

 

And maybe, he’ll feel the same way. 



 

A/N: Asdfghjkl; oh shisus...the fluff *w* Oh Kyu~ Stealing kisses from the bunny like a boss~ I really had no idea how this chapter was going to turn out like this. I didn't write it yet. I just typed whatever came to mind and posted it xD I wasn't going to let writer's block stop me now~ Kyumin shippers, did you enjoy the Kyumin in this chapter? :3 I hope so. Cause this chapter just came out of nowhere. I didn't even know Eunhae would come a litte in the beginning. They just suddenly appeared x3 Short author's note is short again today. Its already past midnight, and I'm extremely tired >.< Yewook might come soon though :) Please comment and subscribe!!! <333333333333 

So Kyu...what exactly are you doing? ;D