Chapter 38: Fighting For You

I'm Not Cute!

 

Sungmin’s POV

Kyuhyun’s lips were on top of mine, and mine were pressed against his. We stared directly at each other, too surprised to even move. I just stared directly into his eyes. Why can’t I shove him away? Why do I feel like I’m frozen? Why do I feel like time has just stopped?

 

 

And then the most unexpected thing happened.

 

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and began kissing me. My eyes widened even more, if that was even possible. The stupid, bratty, annoying Cho Kyuhyun is kissing me. I could hear my heart beat racing at maximum speed; I felt like I’m about to have a heart attack. I could feel my face getting warmer and warmer by the second.

 

 

After a few more seconds of being frozen, I could finally feel my hands again and pushed Kyuhyun off of me as hard as I could until he fell out into the hall. I sat up and covered my mouth with both of my hands, staring at Kyuhyun who also sat up, but hung his head down. His face was completely red.

 

 

“Y-you…you just…you just k-kissed m-me…” I whispered softly, but it seems as it was loud enough for him to hear.

 

 

“I-I’m sorry…I d-didn’t mean to…I just…” he stuttered, trying not to look at me.

 

 

“What’s going on here?” we heard Yesung ask from behind Kyuhyun, looking rather tired. A sleepy Ryeowook come up afterwards. I couldn’t speak. I felt like I had lost my voice. Kyuhyun didn’t dare to speak up either.

 

 

“Is everything okay?” Eunhyuk and Donghae joined in as well as they looked at Kyuhyun and I still shocked on the floor. I didn’t know what to do, so I just stood up and ran out of the room.

 

 

“Sungmin! Wait!” I heard Kyuhyun’s voice call out to me, but I didn’t stop. I ran up the stairs that led to the rooftop. I didn’t want to see Kyuhyun right now. I needed some air to breathe again. I needed some time to think about exactly what just happened.

 

 

That was my first kiss; my very first kiss and it’s been stolen. Not just by anyone - the Cho Kyuhyun just stole my first kiss. I was hoping it would be at least something accidental, but no, he kissed me. He wanted to kiss me. Does that even make sense? Why in the world would he ever do that? There has to be some logical explanation for this, but I can’t ask him. In fact, I don’t want to ask him. I don’t even want to talk to him, let alone even see him or be in the same room with him. I feel like something has changed between us. I can’t look at him the same way; I feel awkward and confused right now. Why did he kiss me?

 

 

Kyuhyun…he couldn’t…possibly…like me, could he?

 

 

No, no, no! Sungmin, what are you thinking!? Kyuhyun couldn’t possibly like you! There’s got to be a more reasonable explanation for this.

 

 

He couldn’t possibly like me…could he?

 

 

What if he does? What if he has extremely deep feelings for you and you’ve just never noticed them?

 

 

But…why? Why would he have feelings for me?

 

 

“Sungmin!” I was so lost in my train of thoughts that I almost didn’t hear Ryeowook calling my name. I turned around and saw him and Eunhyuk walking towards me.

 

 

“Are you okay? What happened back there?” Eunhyuk tried asking. I hesitated first before sighing and turned around before walking towards the railing, looking over the area and out towards the ocean. I heard Ryeowook and Eunhyuk walk a little closer towards me before I hesitated once more and sighed again.

 

 

“Kyuhyun…he…” I started, but the words didn’t want to come out of my mouth.

 

 

“What did Kyuhyun do?” Ryeowook questioned.

 

 

“…he kissed me,” I barely whispered, but it seems as if I was loud enough for them to hear because I heard gasps coming from the two of them. They were silent for a minute. Knowing they were still shocked, I decided to keep talking. “I heard something from out in the hall and wanted to check on what it was. I ran into Kyuhyun who was already at the door and he fell on top of me…a-and our lips touched. It was supposed to be an accident…b-but then…K-Kyuhyun began kissing me. I didn’t know what to do, so I just pushed him off and ran up here.”

 

 

There was a moment of silence. Ryeowook and Eunhyuk were still trying to process everything I said while I just stared off into the distance, waiting for them to say something. I looked around the area, then towards the ocean. I looked up at the sky and saw a full moon. It reflected onto the water brightly. I heard waves crashing and felt the summer breeze blow across my skin. This would’ve been a beautiful night if I weren’t so confused with everything.

 

 

“How do you feel right now?” Eunhyuk spoke first after the long silence.

 

 

“I don’t know,” I replied. My mouth was so dry, and I needed water. “I’m guess I’m just really confused right now.”

 

 

“You don’t want to talk to Kyuhyun about it?” Ryeowook asked as I felt his hand on my shoulder.

 

 

“No. I…don’t want to talk to him for a while. Or see him. I think I need a little break from him for a while. But it’s getting late; we should probably head back inside. I don’t want to think about this right now. Eunhyuk, do you mind if I shared a room with you tonight?”

 

 

“Sure, no problem hyung,” Eunhyuk replied. I stared out at the scene just a little while longer until the three of us decided to walk back inside.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“I kissed him…” I whispered softly as Yesung and Donghae sat down next to me on the bed. “It was an accident, but…I just wanted to keep kissing him. I didn’t mean to keep going…I just…I don’t know.” I placed my hands over my face, thinking about what happened earlier.

 

 

“It’s okay, Kyuhyun. I’m sure Sungmin hyung will understand,” Donghae comforted as he patted my back slowly.

 

 

“Just go talk to him. In fact, let’s go talk to him right now,” Yesung suggested as he and Donghae helped me stand up. Just as we were about to head out the door, we saw Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, and Sungmin approach the door. Sungmin’s head hung down as he stared at the floor. I knew he didn’t even want to look at me.

 

 

“Donghae, Sungmin is going to share a room with me tonight. Is that okay?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae. He nodded before the three of them headed towards Eunhyuk’s and Donghae’s shared room. I didn’t even bother going after Sungmin to try and talk with him. He doesn’t want to see me; he doesn’t want to talk to me. I screwed it up; I screwed everything up between us now.

 

 

A moment of silence passed, then Yesung spoke. “How about we try talking to him tomorrow? You should get some rest for now. Donghae, stay here with Kyuhyun tonight.”

 

 

“Okay,” Donghae agreed.

 

 

“Everything is going to be all okay,” Yesung reassured me as he ruffled my hair before walking out.

 

 

 

I hope you’re right, Yesung.

 

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Would you like some more coffee, Sungmin?”

 

 

“Yes, thank you Ryeowook!”

 

 

Three of us woke up early the next day and began having breakfast without the other three. The maids weren’t around for some reason so Ryeowook whipped something up for us. I’m sure Sungmin wouldn’t want to eat breakfast with Kyuhyun at the table so I suggested we’d eat first before everyone woke up. He seems a lot calmer than he did last night, but I know he still has Kyuhyun stuck on his mind. I don’t even have to ask Sungmin why he’s acting like this all of a sudden. He’s probably questioning himself how he feels about Kyuhyun. I want to tell him how obvious it is that he likes him, but he’d probably just deny it.

 

 

“So Sungmin, how do you feel?” I tried asking as I took a sip of my strawberry milk. Sungmin put his coffee mug down and hesitated before answering me.

 

 

“I’m feeling okay I guess. I was really tired last night and I had a good night’s sleep, so I’m feeling very rested right now,” he answered with a fake smile. I knew he was avoiding what I was really trying to ask.

 

 

“Oh, did you find your phone last night?” Ryeowook asked next as he poured some orange juice for himself. Sungmin’s smile faded as he hung his head down again.

 

 

“Y-yeah, but…something happened last night while I went looking for it.”

 

 

“What happened?”

 

 

“I-I met someone.”

 

 

“Who?” Sungmin hesitated one more time before answering him.

 

 

“Mr. Kim. I ran into him last night by accident. Or at least, for me, it was an accident. He knows that all of us are staying here. He knows about all of us. It’s like he knew we were all coming here.” I was just as shocked as Ryeowook was. This is bad, right?

 

 

“I wonder if Kyuhyun and Yesung know this…” I barely whispered.

 

 

“Should I tell him? Yesung I mean,” Ryeowook questioned.

 

 

“No, I don’t think we should. Something’s telling me to not tell them anything about me and Mr. Kim, considering this is the second time I’ve ran into him ‘coincidentally’”, Sungmin replied. “I don’t know exactly what he’s plotting, but I know it’s got something to do with me. I don’t want to worry Kyuhyun or Yesung, so I can handle it myself.” Ryeowook and I frowned at Sungmin. He always wants to do things by himself; he never asks for help.

 

 

“So, um, Sungmin…about Kyuhyun…,” I began, and I noticed him tense up a bit. “When are you guys going to talk again?”

 

 

“Yeah, I don’t think you guys will be able to avoid each other for long. I’m sure he wants to explain what happened last night,” Ryeowook added as Sungmin sighed at us.

 

 

“Guys, I know you’re worried about the two of us but I don’t want to talk to Kyuhyun right now. I feel like something has changed between us. I don’t know why he kissed me, but I don’t want to ask him why.” Ryeowook and I frowned again. How long can Sungmin go without talking to Kyuhyun?

 

 

“Sungmin…what if the reason why Kyuhyun kissed you…was because…he likes you?” Ryeowook suggested. Sungmin looked up at him with wide eyes and I noticed a small blush form across his face. So Ryeowook can tell that Kyuhyun has some sort of feelings towards Sungmin too.

 

 

“He can’t. It’s not possible. It just isn’t.”

 

 

“But what if he does?”

 

 

“Then he shouldn’t. We’re not meant to be; I just know it. Kyuhyun and I could never be together like you and Yesung. And what would his father think? If his father knew, something might happen to him. I don’t want to lose him; not because of someone like his father. I…don’t hate Kyuhyun as much as I used to. I feel like he’s become a big part of my life. He’s changed it in the best way possible. I don’t know where I’d be if I’d never met him.” Suddenly, he paused. His eyes became wide again and he put his hand over his chest. He had a scared expression over his face.

 

 

“Sungmin? What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

 

“What is this I’m feeling? Inside my chest. My heart keeps pounding. It always feels like this whenever I think about Kyuhyun. It kind of hurts…” he said softly. I looked towards Ryeowook and I knew he was thinking exactly what I was thinking.

 

 

“Sungmin…it’s because…Kyuhyun…well…you’re in lo-”

 

 

“No! No, don’t say it!” Sungmin yelled as he covered his ears. I could tell he’s trying really hard to fight the feelings he has for Kyuhyun. I want to tell him that he shouldn’t fight it, but I know he would never listen to me. “Don’t fall in love with him, don’t fall in love with him!” he said to himself, like a mantra. It almost breaks my heart seeing Sungmin like this. Why can’t he just accept it?

 

 

Suddenly, Sungmin stood up and turned away from us. “I’m going to take a walk. I’ll be back,” he almost whispered as he walked out of the room. I turned towards Ryeowook who just watched Sungmin go.

 

 

“Hyung is having such a hard time. I wish there was something I could do for him,” Ryeowook sighed.

 

 

“I wish he wouldn’t have to make things much harder for himself.” Ryeowook and I turned around to see Yesung walking towards us.

 

 

“How much did you hear?” I asked, hoping he didn’t hear about us talking about his father.

 

 

“Well, Kyuhyun and I heard voices and we figured it must have been you three. We came when you asked Sungmin about Kyuhyun. He wanted to listen what he had to say and then left when Sungmin said they couldn’t be together. I stayed to hear the rest,” he answered as he took a spot next to Ryeowook as he poured him a cup of coffee. “Truth is, Kyuhyun doesn’t want to be in love with Sungmin either. Our father knows how he feels about him, so he’s scared that he might hurt Sungmin or something. He wanted to stop liking Sungmin, but instead, he fell in love with him. That’s why he kissed him last night. He knows they can’t be together this way. He knows he they wouldn’t be able to do things like kissing, so that’s why he kept going.”

 

 

“I knew your father had something to do with this. He might as well be the most hated man on earth,” I mumbled and Yesung chuckled a little.

 

 

“Oh, where’s Donghae?” Ryeowook suddenly asked.

 

 

“Donghae left a while ago, apparently,” Yesung answered.

 

 

“Where did he go?” I questioned, and he shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

“I called him and all he said was that he’d be back.”

 

 

That’s weird. Where could he have gone off to?

 

 

 

 

As the day progressed, we found ourselves spending our time at the beach again. Sungmin came back from his walk and decided to join us, looking calmer than he had this morning. We invited Kyuhyun to join us as well, but when he heard Sungmin was with us, he declined. Sungmin, Ryeowook, and I were building sand castles while Yesung stayed back and watched us with a smile on his face.

 

 

Donghae still hasn’t come back yet. I tried calling him and texting him multiple times but I got no response from him. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little worried about him. What could he be possibly doing?

 

 

“Eunhyukkie!” I heard a voice calling me. I was hoping it’d be Donghae’s voice, but it sounded nothing like him. I turned around to see who was calling me, and my eyes widened in shock.

 

 

“Siwon!?” I yelled as I stood up and watched Siwon run over to hug me.

 

 

He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. “It’s so great to see you!” he exclaimed.

 

 

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked, way too surprised to believe that Siwon was actually here.

 

 

“I’m on vacation right now. I didn’t expect to find you here though. Looks like destiny has brought us together again.” He winked at me and I felt my cheeks burning.

 

 

“Siwon-ssi, it’s nice to see you again,” Sungmin said as he stood up with a small smile.

 

 

“It’s very nice to see you too again, Sungmin-ssi.”

 

 

“I’m Ryeowook, Eunhyuk’s friend from high school. And that over there is my boyfriend Yesung. It’s nice to finally meet you!” Ryeowook cheerfully exclaimed as he stuck out his hand in front of Siwon.

 

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, Ryeowook-ssi,” Siwon smiled as he shook Ryeowook’s hand. When Yesung walked up to us, he shook his hand as well. “Hmm, that’s odd, I thought for sure your friend Donghae would be here too.”

 

 

“Well, he came with us, but I’m not sure where he is right now…” I answered.

 

 

“Really? Well, how lucky are we then? We get to spend the rest of the day with each other without having him interrupting us,” he chuckled as he wrapped his arm around my waist again and I could feel my cheeks burning up again.

 

 

“HEY!” I heard another voice coming from behind Siwon. I looked behind him and gasped as I finally saw Donghae practically sprinting over to us.

 

 

“Donghae, you’re here!” I called out as I pushed Siwon’s arm off of me. Donghae stopped in front of us to catch his breath until he looked up at me with angry eyes.

 

 

“What’s he doing here!?” he asked. Was he getting mad at me? Does he think I invited Siwon here?

 

 

“I’m here to spend time with my Eunhyukkie,” Siwon answered for me. Siwon just made everything worse because I noticed Donghae started to ball his hands into fists.

 

 

“Donghae! You left without me!” Once again, I heard another voice coming from the direction Donghae came from. I look to see who it was once more, and it was my turn to look at Donghae with a slightly angered expression.

 

 

“What’s she doing here!?” I asked as Hana ran up to Donghae and looked at me with a devilish face.

 

 

“Donghae came to pick me up from the airport this morning. I’m on vacation right now. Donghae oppa said he was in Jeju Island, so I decided to visit him!” she practically squealed.

 

 

“Get out of here. You’re not welcomed here,” Donghae ordered Siwon. Siwon glared at him as he took a step closer to Donghae.

 

 

“You can’t tell me what to do. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want,” he harshly said back. I have a feeling this isn’t going to end well. I noticed Sungmin stepping back from them and Ryeowook scurrying over to Yesung.

 

 

“Um…guys…” I tried calling out to them.

 

 

“I don’t want you anywhere Siwon. Now get out of here!” Donghae yelled.

 

 

“No," he bluntly replied.

 

 

“Guys!” I tried calling out again, but it’s like they couldn’t hear me.

 

 

“GET OUT.”

 

 

“Make me.” Siwon pushed Donghae and made him stumble backwards, making him almost fall down. I noticed the burning rage in Donghae’s eyes. Instantly, with all of his force, Donghae pushed Siwon so hard that he fell backwards and landed in the water. Siwon grunted in pain as he struggled to get up, but Donghae wouldn’t let him. He charged right at him and tackled him further in the water. I saw him punch Siwon right in the face and Siwon punched him in the stomach. My jaw hung open and my hands were shaking. I felt frightened.

 

 

“STOP!” I yelled, but neither of them listened.

 

 

“What’s going on here?” I heard Kyuhyun come up from behind us.

 

 

“Siwon and Donghae are fighting in the water!” Ryeowook answered him. With that, Yesung and Kyuhyun charged into the water to try and pull Donghae and Siwon apart, but every time they tried, they’d push them back.

 

 

“Eunhyuk, do something!” Sungmin yelled at me. I stood frozen as I watched them fight.

 

 

Suddenly, I saw Donghae grab Siwon’s hair and dragged his head under the water, keeping it in place. He was going to drown him. That was enough to trigger myself to run out into the water and pull Donghae back viciously.

 

 

“DONGHAE! STOP! PLEASE STOP!” I yelled as I pulled Donghae away, making him lose his grip on Siwon’s hair. We stumbled backwards until we fell into the water. Kyuhyun and Yesung went to help Siwon stand up again. Thank goodness he didn’t have any bruises anywhere. “You idiot, why did you do that!? You could’ve killed him!” I yelled at Donghae who hung his head low. “You couldn’t control your jealousy for just one minute!? What you did was horrible! I could never forgive you for that! You’re lucky Siwon isn’t hurt! You-!” I stopped my yelling when Donghae picked his head up and I took a good look at his face. His cheek was bruised, his lip was cut, his forehead was bleeding, and I noticed he was clutching his stomach like he was in pain. Looking at his condition wasn’t as bad as looking into his eyes.

 

 

Despite the fact that he was wet, I could see tears forming in his eyes. I knew he wasn’t crying because he was hurt, but rather he was crying because of me. Donghae was in a worse condition than Siwon, and I was defending Siwon instead of him.

 

 

“Why can’t you just pick me already!?” he yelled, although his voice was almost inaudible. He clutched his stomach once more in pain before standing up and running out of the water back towards the beach house.

 

 

“You’re pathetic Eunhyuk. You’ve always have been and always will be. Donghae, wait!” Hana snapped at me before she called out to Donghae and began to follow him. Kyuhyun decided to run after him as well, leaving Yesung to help me stand up from the water.

 

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, and I just nodded my head.

 

 

“Eunhyuk…I-” Siwon came up to me and before he could even touch me, I slapped him across the face.

 

 

“Look what you did to Donghae! You started this fight; this is your fault!” I yelled at him. It’s the first time I yelled at Siwon. Siwon held his cheek and stared in surprise at me. I walked out of the water only to have Ryeowook and Sungmin wrap a towel around me to dry off.

 

 

“Do you want to go talk to Donghae?” Ryeowook asked and I nodded my head.

 

 

“Later though. I’m sure he doesn’t want to talk to me right now.”

 

 

 

 

“Donghae?” I knocked on our shared room door, hoping that Donghae would be in there. We all went back to the beach house, seeing as it was getting late. Siwon was staying at a hotel and Hana wanted to stay with us, but Yesung forced her to go to the hotel she was staying at. Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin, and I ate dinner together while Kyuhyun stayed with Donghae in our room trying to talk to him.

 

 

Suddenly, the door swung open and I saw Kyuhyun standing in front of me, he gave me a reassuring smile before ruffling my hair and walking back to his room. I looked back inside the room and saw Donghae sitting on the bed, looking at the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

 

 

“Donghae, are you okay?” I tried asking, but got nothing in response. I couldn’t tell if he was mad with me or not. I walked up to the bed and sat down next to him, hoping that he would at least look at me, but he didn’t. He was really starting to worry me.

 

 

After a few seconds, Donghae stood up and began walking towards the door to exit. I panicked as I stood up and grabbed his arm to pull him back from walking out of the room.

 

 

“Donghae, I’m sorry for what I said to you earlier. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. I know you didn’t start that fight, but I was just so scared wanted you guys to stop. I don’t you guys to actually start fighting over me to the point where you might kill each other. I should’ve handled the situation a little better instead of blaming you. I wouldn’t be surprised if you hated me right now.” I felt my tears starting to come out as my grip on Donghae’s arm became tighter.

 

 

I waited a couple more seconds for him to say something, but I didn’t hear a sound. I looked at him in the face saw a bandage wrapped around his forehead. His bruise was still visible on his cheek and there was a small scar on his lip. This time by then, my tears started to fall.

 

 

And before I could start sobbing, Donghae pulled me closer and kissed me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I closed my eyes and melted into his kiss, enjoying every second of it. Although his lip was cut, his kiss still tasted oh so sweet.

 

 

To my disappointment, Donghae pulled back and wiped my tears off my face before letting go of me and stepping back.

 

 

“I don’t hate you, Hyukjae. I just wish you’d hurry up,” Donghae said softly with a sad smile; a sad smile that practically tore my heart apart. Donghae his heel and walked out of the room, leaving me all alone in our room. I sat on our bed and sighed before lying down to stare at the ceiling.

 

 

Donghae’s right; I need to pick already.

 

 

Ryeowook’s POV

“Are sleeping with Eunhyuk again tonight?” I asked Sungmin. After dinner, Sungmin and I volunteered to wash the dishes since all of the maids mysteriously disappeared. Yesung and Kyuhyun were in the rooms getting ready for bed.

 

 

“Yeah. It’s only until we leave to go back to Seoul,” Sungmin answered as he gave me a bowl to wash.

 

 

“Hyung, how long are you going to ignore Kyuhyun?” I couldn’t help but ask him this. It pains me to see Kyuhyun and Sungmin not talking to each other; especially since I know they love each other.

 

 

“I don’t know Ryeowook. I really don’t know.  I’m afraid, Ryeowook…I’m afraid…”

 

 

“Afraid of what?”

 

 

“That…I might fall in love with him…” he hesitated to say.

 

 

“You should be afraid, Hyung. Being in love isn’t wrong. In fact, it’s one of the most wonderful feelings in the world.”

 

 

“But I can’t be in love with him. I just can’t…” he sadly said as he gave me the last plate to wash. “I’m heading up to bed now. Goodnight, Ryeowook.”

 

 

“Goodnight, Hyung,” I called out as he quickly dried his hands and headed towards Eunhyuk’s room. I finished washing the last plate before drying my hands and sighing at the hard work Sungmin and I did. I was about to turn off the light and head towards my room when I suddenly saw Kyuhyun run downstairs frantically and started searching for something.

 

 

“Where is it!?” he said as he began looking between the cushions of the couch.

 

 

“What are you looking for Kyuhyun? I’ll help you,” I asked him.

 

 

“My necklace…it’s gone…!”

 

 

“What necklace?”

 

 

“The one Sungmin gave me for my birthday! I had it this morning and now it’s gone!” He was practically tearing the whole room apart before heading towards the kitchen to search.

 

 

“Whoa, Kyuhyun calm down! It’s getting late; you should go up to bed now. We’ll look for it in the morning, okay? I promise I’ll help you find it,” I suggested reassuringly with a soft smile on my face. Luckily for me, he calmed down a bit before nodding his head.

 

 

“Okay,” he agreed before heading back to his room. I turned off the lights before heading back to my room, where I found Yesung sitting on the bed with his phone in his hand. He looked like he had just finished talking to someone on the phone. However, he had a shocked expression on his face.

 

 

“Yesung, are you okay?” I asked him before he turned to look at me.

 

 

“My father just called. He knows we’re here.” 

 


 

 

A/N: What the heck did I just write out guys? xD I deeply apologize fot the very long wait! So to make it up to you guys, it's a very long chapter this time! ^^ Oh gawd, so many things happening all at once in this chapter I can't even kshgajkrngaleirhgaioruehagiruhg Our dear Shisus came back and messed things up >.> And Minnie is utterly confused with everything. Lots of drama is coming back. Things are really getting heated up now >.< ASDFGHJKL; Thanks for waiting so long for this chapter! School has been such a buttt face lately >.> But my midterms are finally over, so hopefully I'll have more time to write my chapters~! WELCOME MY NEW BUNNIES! LET US ALL HAVE A GROUP HUG <3 The subscriber number just brings me to tears ;A; And the number of votes makes me bawl my eyes out ;AAAAAA; Will update ASAP! Please comment, subcribe, and vote! <333333333

 

Btw, any EXO fans here? And more specifically, any Kaisoo fans here? :)

----> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/368318