Animals

EXO SERIES: Romanticizing Park Chanyeol [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Hello everyone, it feels great to be back! I do apologize for my irregular updates. Sorry for disappointing you guys. I'll try harder. For the meantime, here's a long update. If you've grown to hate me because I no longer tweet about EXO, I respect you, but still, here's an update for you! Enjoy the update!]

Did she still have feelings for Chanyeol?

The answer was no. While it's true that Chanyeol was nice enough to let her stay the night at his apartment, phenomenal looks and sensational techniques were all that Chanyeol had. Not bothering to wake Chanyeol up, she left his apartment at six in the morning just to avoid the awkward small talk with Chanyeol. 

The way Chanyeol lived a messy, unstable, hectic life triggered Ah Reum's tendency to overplan and organize every minute detail of life. She could just imagine dating Chanyeol, and it would be complicated and dramatic, whereas dating Ji Hoon was smooth and polished- just like her. To be fair, she debated whether she was still in love with Chanyeol, but no matter how hard she tried, Ah Reum kept coming back to the thought of Im Ji Hoon. 

Im Ji Hoon was enough, despite his own share of imperfections. 

Even if he never reacted the first time Ah Reum took off her clothes..

Even if he did not like returning the favor to Ah Reum in bed...and

Even if Ji Hoon truthfully said that he was nowhere near in love with Ah Reum. yet. he simply liked her company...

Even if she was just a plain, old, boring rebound for Ji Hoon's ex-girlfriend.

At least, Ji Hoon was honest enough. She appreciated honesty. She needed no other man. 

"Soo where did you stay last night? You should have told me that your car got towed. I could have picked you up or something." Ji Hoon sighed aloud inside Ah Reum's office this morning. The protective boyfriend image kind of suited him, though. 

Ah Reum decided to tell the truth. "At Chanyeol's." 

The words made Im Ji Hoon flinch a little. He examined Ah Reum with attentive eyes. "At Chanyeol's place? Hmm okay. You two close?"

Ah Reum wanted to blurt out that she was Chanyeol's former bed friend, but nope. She was going to keep it a secret from Ji Hoon as long as she lived. "I guess Chanyeol and I are friends."

Ji Hoon just chuckled and proceeded to pat her back. "I'll drive to your apartment for dinner tonight, babe."

Babe!  Eew. She hated pet names.

"I would prefer it if you do not call me that. I am not a mini pig." That was her honest response, and she earned a laugh from Ji Hoon.

"You shouldn't be so cute, babe. It makes me want to kiss you, but it's office hours." 

She suspected that her cheeks went red, but for the nth time, she hated pet names. "Ji Hoon, please. No pet names."

Ji Hoon just shrugged and blew her a kiss before leaving the office. Darn, Ji Hoon looked really handsome today in that tan winter coat, white turtleneck and slightly-parted hair. Ah Reum sheepishly smiled to herself as she imagined what tonight would be like, with Ji Hoon in her apartment.

But her excitement did not last long that day. The phone call she had with the staff at her animal shelter was causing her a breakdown in her office. Tell me, how long has it been since she cried? Five years ago when her pet dog died? That was the last time she shed tears, and today, of all days, an incident had to occur.

The mutilated stray cat whom she had rescued two weeks ago, had passed away from complications. If there was something that triggered Ah Reum's feelings the most, it would be her precious animals. As the owner of the animal shelter, Ah Reum felt incompetent, felt that she did not do enough to save the dying cat. It was painful- her failure and the death of the cat. If she had paid more attention to the situation, she could have saved the poor thing. But she believed it was her fault. 

It was seven in the evening. She had room to cry over things. Slowly, Ah Reum curled up under her office desk and sobbed quietly. This was the only time she'll cry. Ji Hoon texted that he cannot be with Ah Reum at the moment, and frankly, she did not care. Ji Hoon was a busy man, he'll call her when he's free. All she needed was time to cry and grieve over the cat she treasured. Crying felt like the only escape, and what a surprise, the tigress Ah Reum still knew how to cry.

She wished animals didn't die. For Ah Reum, animals never deserve death. She considered animals the gift of nature, and that is why she could not comprehend why some humans would go through the extent of hurting animals. Just imagining the suffering some animals go through under the hands of humans pained her so much. The mere thought of it made her sobbing deeper. It had to hurt.

Just then, he heard Baekhyun's voice getting closer. Typical Baekhyun did not knock on the door and barged in. "Oh h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter