Five Minutes

EXO SERIES: Romanticizing Park Chanyeol [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Hey guys! Sorry took so long to update :( But tonight's chapter is quite long to compensate for my absence. Optional background music is AOA-Chocolate. Hopefully, this chapter will intensify your feels for Ah Reum HAHAHAHA]

 

Many things could happen in just five minutes, and

Five minutes of waiting was usually intolerable for the very impatient Chanyeol, but there he was, in front of Ah Reum's surprisingly sleek and elegant apartment. 

It had been five minutes since he first rang the buzzer, and he was standing still. His patience tonight was something new. 

After all, it was his brilliant idea to go to the Human Resource office of SM to check on Ah Reum's residence, so he could show her who's boss.

"Must find out that secret." Chanyeol mumbled sheepishly as he rang the doorbell for the second time. He loathed being tricked by Ah Reum, and since his basic motto in life was to control control control, he knew that he needed to step it up.

For a busy idol, Chanyeol was impressive- he had the luxury of time to pry and be nosy to people whom he found mysterious. On top of that list was of course, the very secretive publicist of theirs: Moon Ah Reum.

"What are you doing here?" Ah Reum instantaneously questioned him, but she remained that politeness. She did not fully open her door- a clear sign that she had no intentions of letting him in her apartment. She was peeking from her door, only showing him half of her.

He wanted to laugh at the idea of geeky Ah Reum in her al pajamas, but he focused on his goal. Gripping the bottle of bacardi harder, Chanyeol waved the alcoholic drink in front of Ah Reum's face.

"Figured out that you were leading me on, so I took matters into my own hands. Tah-dah! I'm here, with bacardi, and you will drink with me." He explained matter-of-factly.

That was him. He hated alibis and detours. He was direct and concise, and there was nothing that could stop him from advancing to his goals.

Chanyeol took huge steps forward and grinned at Ah Reum. "Oh, is this how you treat guests, Miss Ah Reum? Do you want me to kiss your hand as a greeting? Oh I'm sorry. Ji Hoon's the only guy who can touch your skin. Pardon me, pardon me." 

For some very weird reason, Chanyeol observed that Ah Reum flinched at the mention of "kiss." 

"Such innocence." Chanyeol thought to himself.

Deep, long, and silent breath. Ah Reum summoned all her nerves to calm down and face Chanyeol cooly, like what she always did.

"I wish to decline." Ah Reum managed to say, fidgeting with her sleepwear.

When she had decided to close the door on Chanyeol, the man suddenly blocked her front door with his arm. 

"You agreed to have one drink with me, but you didn't keep your promise, Madame Publicist. I hate to say this, but I thought you were the type to stick to appointments. I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm so disappointed." Chanyeol hinted, his eyes almost burning with the fiery glare he was giving Ah Reum.

To be quite honest, Chanyeol had every right in the world to be mad. He was fair and professional toward Ah Reum, but she deceived him.

Ah Reum, a woman of exemplary moral ethics, could no longer deny Chanyeol's sense of authority and logic. 

And bloody hell she did not like being described as someone who did not stick to promises. Her years of working smoothly with all kinds of people would simply not be wasted by her inability to keep her deal with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol eyed her confidently, arms still going in between the door and Ah Reum. His cool and controlling aura made Ah Reum nervous, but she was not going to chicken out.

"May I come inside to commence our drinking deal?" Chanyeol gallantly asked Ah Reum with a sly smile on his face. Ah Reum wanted to jump at the question. Ohmygoodness. No one else has set foot in her apartment! 

She was too much of a private person, so,

"I am afraid you may not. Give me five minutes." Ah Reum answered and pushed Chanyeol away from her door, with all her might.

And in a flash, she dressed up to fulfill that darned promise to Chanyeol.

"Lemme guess- you have some Ji Hoon shrine or memorabilia going on in your place that's why you wouldn't let me in." Chanyeol told Ah Reum once they settled into a dark corner of Chanyeol's favorite upscale pub.

Ah Reum, dressed in yet another uninspiring business suit, shook her head in disagreement. That was probably the seventeenth time Ah Reum shook her head that night. The sixteenth one was when she refused to get inside Chanyeol's car to go to the drinking pub.

She succeeded though. Ah Reum wanted to drive her own car because she did not need a man to drive for her. What a feminist.

"I do not have a Ji Hoon shrine in my apartment." She said truthfully, but her words did not convince Chanyeol who was busy examining the littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter