Versus

EXO SERIES: Romanticizing Park Chanyeol [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slightly long A/N: Guess who's back from the pile of books she read!!! That's right. kyuhyunwifey is back with Chapter 40. Really sorry for not informing everyone about my leave. I got caught up with studies, so I barely logged into my AFF. Now that I'm back, expect the Chanreum fic to turn into something deeper and more mature. The chapter opens with Chanyeol, Ji Hoon, and Ah Reum at EXO's Lotto Promotions Victory Party, and Chanyeol pulls Ah Reum away from Ji Hoon so they could talk. There. That's a mini flashback. Please enjoy and stay tuned as always. Thank you for the wait!

Ah Reum was not pleased with creeper Chanyeol's moves. Two seconds ago, she was supposed to leave EXO's victory party with Ji Hoon, so they could grab some dinner and coffee, but her little dream of having dinner with Ji Hoon was about to be sabotaged by Chanyeol.

Like a flash of lightning, Chanyeol managed to effortlessly capture Ah Reum's right wrist. When he had caught her, her body involuntarily landed on Chanyeol's chest. Ah Reum expected some heat to travel through her when her s made contact with Chanyeol's chest, but to her surprise, nothing. All the more, there was an unfriendly frigidness that surrounded her when she felt Chanyeol's chest against her. Quickly, she moved away and untangled herself from Chanyeol.

"Sorry Ji Hoon. I need Ah Reum tonight. You can go ahead." She heard Chanyeol say. Please, for the love of heavens, can't he get more cringy than that?

Did Chanyeol think that this was a k-drama where he can just grab the lady against her will? Did Chanyeol even think that Ah Reum was powerless beside him?

Ah Reum side eyed Chanyeol. "No, Chanyeol. We can talk about your press conference schedule by Friday in my office. Tonight is not a great time to talk about schedules. It is a night to relax and celebrate the end of Lotto promotions."

She knew, though. She knew that Chanyeol was not aiming to talk about his schedule. She knew it. She knew that all he wanted was that messy bed friend closure talk that she had scheduled for Friday this week. Tough. Chanyeol was no longer a priority for Ah Reum and never again will he be.

Ji Hoon nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Ah Reum is correct. Aside from Baekhyun's filming for Scarlet Ryeo, nobody else in EXO has a prior commitment this week. So you know, chillax."

So Ji Hoon had no clue about Ah Reum's past with Chanyeol. Very safe.

Ah Reum found herself smiling. Ji Hoon had always been her ally. There was something so mysterious about Ji Hoon that drew her in, and now that their dinner was pushing through, she was more than excited to finally talk to Ji Hoon and drop all work talk.

Their first date? Maybe.

What was he like outside work? What are his hobbies? What is his favorite food? Does he plan to marry soon? If so, how many kids does he want?

Okay, apparently, Chanyeol was not the only creeper in the room. Ah Reum was a creeper too.

"Miss Moon.You know we need to discuss this. Right?" Chanyeol uttered, pure desperation in his voice. 

"Enough already." was all Ah Reum said to make Chanyeol step back.

That was the right thing to do. Not every handsome guy had a handsome personality to match. Why she fell in love with Chanyeol was now a funny story to laugh about. Besides, Chanyeol's ego should no longer be fed, and it was time to move on with a man who was indeed a man. 

And that was Im Ji Hoon.

Chanyeol was a simple man. He sees something he likes, he gets it. That was his life until this wretched witch named Moon Ah Reum came to his life, gave him an amazing time in bed, and then left him.

Fine, maybe he was at fault for the awkward ending of the bed friend setup. He said hurtful things to her- things like "nobody, not even an animal can love you", "you only care about youself, your work, and your animals" and so on and so forth.

Yet he was not going to let it end that way. Admitting his mistake to himself was one hell of a difficult thing to do, but he needed that. He needed to man up and apologize to Ah Reum, and see if they could try the bed friend setup once again.

Because well, feelings were involved now. He liked Ah Reum, and he wanted to be The Boyfriend. He wanted to exclusively date her and prove that he was also a man capable of being a man, like Ji Hoon. Goodness gracious, he needed to stop comparing!!

His pride suffered a massive blow that week, all because of Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon securing endorsements for half of the SM artists, Ji Hoon buying a new Mercedes convertible, Ji Hoon always holding two cups of coffee during the morning, Ji Hoon always getting praised for being a gentleman, ugh. 

And there he was, Park Chanyeol whose accomplishments consisted of collecting a rare Pokemon, gaining seven million followers on instagram, and nothing else.

"Why don't you just do what you do best if you really want Ah Reum again?" Baekhyun casually asked him after the victory party.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were hanging out by the poolside of their dorm, puffing cigarettes together like they always did. Sehun was listening intently while he was busy playing with his dogs Vivi and Fluffy.

"What do I do best anyway? Performing?" Chanyeol could not help but ask. How was performing gonna even help him get Ah Reum?

He was met by a series of loud laughs from Baekhyun and Sehun. "Silly, no. You're not very good at singing. Your dancing skills are far worse than that Jin guy from Bangtan, and quite frankly, your rapping skills are so-so. So in other words, just use your goddarn looks and charm! That's what you do best, Yeol. Flashing your looks. He-he-he." Baekhyun quipped with Sehun trying to hold a straight face.

Times like this, Chanyeol just wanted to throw Baekhyun to the icy cold pool and leave him there overnight, but most of the time, that btch Baekhyun made sense. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter