Reflection

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Missing Chapter 2: Reflection

 

“Do you know why are you here at this moment, little girl?” A scary looking man kneeled in front of JiHyun and looked straight in her eyes.

JiHyun gulped, scared, and shook her head lightly. The man’s gaze was too intense, she tried looking away, but he grabbed her chin and made her face him.

“Can't you speak?” he chuckled. “At that age you are supposed to take care of yourself.” He spoke. “Do you want to know why are you here then?” the man asked and stood up.

JiHyun followed his moves with her eyes. She was filled with fear and she couldn’t even move. Why was she being kidnapped? How come her parents had enemies?

“if you don’t answer, you may just stay here for a long while and end up dying. You want that?” the man kept on talking. JiHyun couldn’t even find any strength in herself to speak up.

“Why did you kidnap me? Do you want money from my parents?” JiHyun finally asked. This time she looked at that man, without showing fear as well. Money. That was the only thing she could think to be the reason. What else could make sense?

The man laughed loudly, which sent chills all over JiHyun. Why did she have to go through this? She never did anything wrong.

“life isn’t about money, little girl. Didn’t your parents teach you that?”

JiHyun’s gaze fell. So it wasn’t  about money… she took a deep breath and decided to get a hold of herself. A sixteen year old shouldn’t be this scared. If it wasn’t for money, they would hurt her right?

“Tell me, do you have friends at school who aren’t as well off as you? Or I should say it differently. You have friends who are really poor, right?” the man spoke slowly.

JiHyun nodded her head. Of course there were some students who weren’t that well off … but what about that?

“Your mother is the Principal. Does she make you report something about those poor students?” the man again kneeled in front of her to be on the same eye level.

JiHyun couldn’t be more frightened, but she had to answer. “yes. She tells me to report if they don’t come to class or are being late. Isn’t that a given, something the class president should do?” she answered and asked back.  What was the point of all this?

“has she ever told you that maybe those students don’t even have money to feed themselves, but have to buy expensive uniforms? That they have younger siblings to take care of and because of that they have to work. Because of work they may be late to class or they may not even come, because they don’t have any strength?”

JiHyun hadn’t thought about that at all. All the time at school, she was focused on studies and do reports about students. Her mother had told her to report the missing students. She never told her they were having hard time…

Why was that horrible feeling coming? The feeling of betrayal … being lied to…

The man smirked at JiHyun. “You look like a smart girl. From how you became silent, I guess you understand how horrible your mother is.”

JiHyun looked at him. “Tell me more about what she does that it made you kidnap me.” she spoke without a trace of fear.

“Ask her yourself. I’ve done enough. You are now free to go home, little girl.”

 

--/---

 

“Damn, I've missed you.” Sehun ran to welcome Jiyeon. “Next time let me know if you're going to disappear.” He wrapped his arms around her slim body and spoke quietly.

Jiyeon smiled lightly and once they broke the hug she gave him a wink. “Big baby Oh Sehun. Didn’t SooJung take care of you?”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Of course she did, that’s a given. But, I was worried about you. How dare you disappear without telling anyone. Not even your manager! This isn’t you.” He scolded her as they walked towards his car.

“I wanted to pretend to be someone else, Sehun-ah. Disappearing Three days once in a while is alright.” Jiyeon chuckled, while Sehun opened the door for her and waited for her to get in. once she sat down on the seat she looked at him, who still didn’t close the door. “What are you waiting for?”

“I just don’t get you.” Sehun muttered and closed the door. Then he walked over and took his seat. Before starting the car, he glanced at Jiyeon.  “Are you really alright?”

Jiyeon smiled widely. “Of course. It was fun how I disappeared.” She spoke. It looked like Sehun didn’t believe her words. “You don’t trust my words?”

Sehun shook his head. Jiyeon’s smile didn’t reach her ears, her eyes had lost their glint, she looked too pale. Yet she was saying she’s alright. It was obvious that she was hiding something from him, but he didn’t want to ask her. She didn’t look ready to tell it.

“Are you hungry? Let's go to your place.” Sehun smiled widely at her, pretending.

Jiyeon nodded her head.

“It's always my place for some reason.” She chuckled.

Sehun started the car and while driving he placed his hand over Jiyeon’s and squeezed it. He didn’t want to look at her expression, because he knew it would trouble her. He just wanted to feel her warmth and show her he’s always there for her.

 

--/---

 

“Jung SooJung! Wait a minute!” Jiyeon ran and shouted after her friend. Once she felt like she couldn’t run anymore, she just shouted her name loudly and slowly walked towards her. “Don’t you hear me, Jung SooJung?” Jiyeon pouted at the younger girl.

“I'm sorry, unnie. I'm in a rush.” SooJung sighed and apologized. “I have a super important meeting in thirty minutes and I'm not ready at all.” She explained. She really did look pretty stressed out.

“I got that from your extreme running, but it was important that I chased you.” Jiyeon said and leaned on her side to whisper. “You got blood stains on your pants.”

It was an embarrassing truth, but Jiyeon never felt awkward to speak about it. It was between girl, between best friends moreover.

Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter