Save Me

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you proceed with the following chapter, I'll ask you (person who has come from receiving a notification) to read all or some of the previous chapters because this is an update after 3 years ... If you're a new reader: Welcome! 

What has happened during the past 3 years .. Lot's of things, but more significantly I've got a BA degree now ..I've been listening to lots of music and I had some encouragement to read my past fanfics, this one in particular since it's nowhere close to being 'complete'. 

If there's interest in this story I'll do my best to write chapters and complete it.

Thank you!

Hope you enjoy the chapter /s/ and express your opinion in the comments section or via messages! ♥

Missing

Chapter 13: Save Me

 

After her conversation with her mother Jiyeon didn’t know what to do. Her mind was a mess and her emotions were in an even worse condition. She had a hard time comprehending what had happened a few hours ago. Even now she could barely focus on her own work. Things such as recordings which used to go smoothly took too much of her time today. She felt sorry for the team she was working with; she couldn’t hide how much of a mess she had become in the past days. Finally, they suggested she should take a ten-minute break and she grabbed her phone along with a bottle of water and went to the rooftop of the company. She breathed in and out, the cold air hitting her face, she hoped her head would get clear.

“This is too much,” she mumbled to herself. She knew she was barely holding on. The past week was absolutely atrocious and she had gone through such changes that she could barely recognize herself. Her thoughts were in a frenzy and she was in a panic mode, even though no one else would have guessed she was in such a critical condition. But Jiyeon knew she had to do something, she had to release all the things, or at least some of the things, she had been bottling inside her for so many years. Jiyeon who had always had herself to rely on when it came to her emotions and feelings, decided she could not do this alone. She was miserable, ashamed and sorry. She had made so many wonderful friendships, yet she never truly trusted anyone as to open up completely. All those years the bigger part of her suffered on her own. She was alone. She knew this was so wrong, that’s why she was sorry. She knew she’d end up hurting her dear friends if she were to confess her honest thoughts and feelings. She wasn’t ready to take this step just yet. However, she wanted to change.

“SooJung-ah, do you think I can stay over at your place for a couple of days?” this was the first step Jiyeon took towards freeing herself from the trap she and her mother had been creating and perfecting for all those years.

As you may have guessed, SooJung was immensely surprised. Not only by the question itself or that it was Jiyeon who had asked it, but also by the way Jiyeon sounded on the phone. Surprised and scared, SooJung got the chills and barely could answer with a ‘yes, of course’.

“Don’t worry too much,” Jiyeon said dryly and chuckled. “I promise I’ll be fine in no time. All the questions you have, I’ll try my best to answer when I come over.”

Completely immersed in Jiyeon’s voice, SooJung shook her head, her thoughts already drifting to the darkest pits she hates to acknowledge. Her eyes filling with tears, she manages to say:

“No, unnie. I promise I won’t force you to say anything. I will be waiting for you when you’re ready. I will always be waiting for you and I won’t get tired. I promise. Okay?”  

A small genuine smile appeared on Jiyeon’s face. She could almost see how worried SooJung was and she was truly thankful for SooJung’s sincere words.

“Now, please don’t think of me till I come over. I still have some work, plenty of work actually, but I’ll try to wrap it up by 8 PM.” Jiyeon said and SooJung nodded though she realized she can’t be seen. She was relieved Jiyeon sounded a tad a bit better when she first heard her voice. “Can you please text Sehun to tell him I won’t be coming home in case he’s waiting for me?” Jiyeon added.

“I will do so. Please take care of yourself by then, unnie.”

“Thanks. See you tonight.” Jiyeon said and ended the phone call. She breathed in and out again. The cold air had helped her, as well as the short phone call with SooJung. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to hypnotize herself into emptying her head from thoughts and when she opened them, she was determined to get her work in the recording studio done and be a professional. She had to return to be the persona she had created, Park Jiyeon, who had become much loved and admired by others. She had to preserve that person by all means because she was a precious creation.

Meanwhile SooJung lost no time and called Sehun. Even before the phone call SooJung had prepared herself for a longer conversation, she knew Sehun needed more conviction and comfort. She wanted to protect her dear Jiyeon unnie and she wanted to make sure Sehun won’t to anything stupid that can possibly hurt them all.

“Where are you?” SooJung asked as soon as Sehun answered her call.

“At home,” was Sehun’s short answer.

“When did you find a place to move in?” was SooJung’s next question, her voice full of surprise.

Sehun sighed. “I’m at Jiyeon’s house. I actually did find a place, now I’m looking for a company to arrange the whole moving process.” He explained.

“You better be quick on that,” SooJung said, her voice turning cold and serious in an instant, “Jiyeon unnie will be staying at my place tonight. I thought you should know.”

“What do you mean? Why?” Sehun got up from his chair and after grabbing his wallet was ready to leave.

“Gosh, Oh Sehun!” SooJung shouted as she heard him moving about in a hurry. “Unnie needs some time apart from you. You live in her house and she has nowhere to go. Give her some time. I don’t know what happened between you that she avoids you, but please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter