They Never Know

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing

Chapter 11: They Never Know

“You definitely are gloomy these days. Are you overstressed about your comeback?”

Jiyeon shook her head and smiled. “I'm just tired a bit, but it's nothing you should be worried over.” She said. But it was a big lie. No matter how exhausting comeback preparations can be, she looked like a lifeless doll because of insomnia. After her fights with Sehun, she couldn’t fall asleep for hours or she would end up having nightmares.

“Are you taking vitamins? I can't help but think you will collapse any moment.”

SooJung was completely right to worry over Jiyeon. Everyone around her was worried but they didn’t say anything because when Jiyeon was focused on something she didn’t care even about her health. That’s why everyone thought it was normal because Jiyeon was like that.

“My health is fine and there is no chance I will collapse anywhere.” Jiyeon chuckled. “Maybe I should wear more makeup the next time we meet, I can't help but think I look like a sick person.” She pouted.

SooJung finally smiled. “Okay, I will stop with all that talk. But the last time I saw someone who looked like this was Sehun when he got into that horrible accident. Please be careful.”

Jiyeon only nodded. There wasn’t a thing she wanted to talk about that accident.

 

--/---

 

“Hey, Oh Sehun! Stop right there!” Jiyeon shouted as she ran after him. “Why are you avoiding me?” she asked him.

Sehun looked at her without showing any emotion. “I don’t want to talk with you Park Jiyeon. Can you leave me alone?”

Jiyeon blinked away the tears and she grabbed his arm stopping him from walking away. “Why are you being like this? What did I do to you that you hate me so much?”

“I don’t hate you! Don’t be a drama queen!” Sehun shouted. Jiyeon looked at him and she couldn’t believe her beloved friend was talking like that. “But please stop pretending you don’t know a thing.”

Jiyeon shook her head, holding tightly on his arm. “What did I do? Huh? Stop this torture and tell me!” she pleaded.

Sehun pushed her away and put some space between them. He wasn’t swayed by her tears or the fact that she was trembling.

“You met with her and told her to stay away from me! Now she's leaving, all thanks to you.” Sehun shouted. All the years he spent with Jiyeon, all the love he had for her and all the respect were gone, burnt down completely.

Jiyeon couldn’t say a thing. She couldn’t say that she didn’t know what Sehun was talking about because she knew too well who was that person. But she knew one thing – she didn’t have a talk with that woman. She didn’t have such courage.

“Look how quiet you’ve become. Of course, it can't be anyone but you. Only you know about her, only you know how real my book is.” Sehun said. Jiyeon was the only one to blame. He couldn’t even stand the sight of her because he was blinded by love. “Why aren’t you denying? Why were you pretending to be my friend? You obviously don’t want my happiness.”

“You're not in your right mind, Oh Sehun!” Jiyeon shouted and she stepped closer to him. She looked in his eyes and spoke. “If you really don’t see me as your friend, let's end it. If you really are in love with her and you can abandon everything, leave with her. Wherever you want to go, I promise, I won't stop you.”

Sehun smirked. “Fine. It's over!”

She slapped him and walked away. The friendship they had built for years was destroyed.

Jiyeon couldn’t understand Sehun at all. She regretted even knowing about him and her ‘love story’. She pitied herself for loving someone so much and getting hurt because of the same person. But even if they say their friendship is over, if Sehun were to come to her, she would forgive him anytime.

But she would never forget. All the pain. All the tears. The heartbreak.

The simple fact that he fell in love with someone else when she was right there for him from the beginning. The fact that he loved her so much and he was inspired to write a book – an amazing book on top of that. And the worst thing of all – she was not in the book, not even in a sentence implying of her existence in Sehun’s life.

But Sehun’s book was beautiful. The words he picked out were lovely. The way he described his love was almost magical. However, the reality was different.

Sehun’s love was a woman 13 years older than him. She was almost twice his age. Yet, a clueless, pure, fifteen-year-old easily fell in love with her. And now after a year of being crazily in love with her, he ended a beautiful friendship. Maybe in his eyes it was worth it.

No matter how hurt Jiyeon was she wouldn’t make a move to destroy his happiness. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter