Lingering Feelings

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing

Chapter 9:  Lingering feelings

“Long time no see, Kim Jongin.” Jiyeon smiled as she put out her hand for a handshake.

“It really has been a long while, Park Jiyeon.” He smiled back and instead of a handshake, he hugged her for a brief moment. “It would be a normal thing to ask what you are up to, but I don’t think there is a person who doesn’t know you yet.”

Jiyeon chuckled as both of them sat down on the sofa, in the corner of the room. “ Compliments are not needed this moment. However, I’d like to hear more about what you have been doing the past years.”

“I've been working hard and establishing dancing schools both in Korea and China. Putting out my name next to yours will be really helpful for my business.” He said while smiling lightly. Even though he meant all the things he said, it was never just a matter of doing business.

“I have been also getting better at doing business. You indeed picked the best choice.” Jiyeon chuckled. They haven’t seen each other since high school probably, yet they still had that feeling of being close and friendly.

“You were always good with everything, even back then. Especially a great cupid.”

“A cupid? How come?”

Jongin smiled widely. “On my birthday party, when I invited both you and Jung SooJung. I saw you exchange the gifts each of you had bought for me. In the end you never gave me SooJung’s present.”

Jiyeon couldn’t hide her shocked expression, which made Jongin laugh. Then he put his hand on her shoulder. “But you asked her out and you became a couple. Did you like her as well.. I mean, back then.”

Jongin slightly shook his head. “Back then everyone knew that I was into you, Park Jiyeon. However I also knew you didn’t feel the same way about me, so I didn’t push it. On that day, when I saw you doing such a thing. I realized that Jung SooJung definitely must be a great person, so I trusted you. I'm glad I believed your judgment about people.”

“That’s cruel of you, however, I'm glad you gave SooJung a chance. She’s not your average girl for sure.” Jiyeon smiled. Even though they spoke so lightly of their feelings, back then those feelings were too strong to even mention.

“By the way, I might be late with years, but thank you for the present. Even now, it is really a precious gift that I keep by my side.” Jongin said while smiling. Jiyeon nodded her head, she was glad. “How about Oh Sehun, are you two married?”

Jiyeon laughed out loud. “Both of us are far from marriage. I'm an idol and I love my job, then he still is capable of luring in female readers with those looks.”

“I can't believe he didn’t force himself on you. But anyways, don’t forget to invite me to your wedding. That’s the day Oh Sehun becomes the winner of the century.” Jongin smirked.

Obviously Jiyeon didn’t like talking about such things, however it seemed like everyone was so positive about marrying her and Sehun. “What about you? Is there a special lady in your life?”

“Not really. I mean, I've been so busy with everything I don’t have the time to meet people in the meantime unless I'm doing business with them.” Jongin said while pouting.

Jiyeon laughed, his pouty face was indeed doing the job properly. “What about SooJung, what happened with her?”

“I thought you guys kept in touch? She didn’t tell you?”

“She practically lives in my place, but there are things we don’t speak about.”

“I see. Then you know how busy she is. The fact that both of us wanted to succeed more and more, was the reason we broke up. But we still text each other at times.” He said, then looked fixedly at her, without moving his gaze.

Jiyeon nodded. “Why? I'm done with playing cupid if that’s what you want to say with that gaze.” She muttered grumpily.

Jongin chuckled and shook his head. “It's nothing. Now, I've listened to the song and I like it. We have to do a great job so you can flaunt this comeback as much as you want to.”

“Now we are talking.” Jiyeon smiled and they were back to doing working – preparing the choreography.

 

--/---

 

Jiyeon yawned as she crawled on her bed and covered herself completely with the soft blankets. She was already tired from work, but trying to maintain her high spirits with two kids – SooJung and Sehun – was what actually exhausted her completely.

First of all she explained her work with Kim Jongin to SooJung, so she stayed calm, because apparently Sehun was up to do something. Then they had a small dinner and sat down to drink and talk about their old memories. It may sound so cliché or stupid, because they aren’t that old yet. However their childhood memories or those from middle and high school were really precious for them. Those memories were what made them the people they are today.

Not long after Jiyeon disappeared out of sight, Sehun walked in her room. He crawled to her bed from the other side. He couldn’t help but smile, seeing her covered completely without her head. He decides to lay down, facing her. He never got tired from watching her. Tonight he didn’t drink too much, none of them drank to get drunk this time. They just wanted to enjoy it a little with friends.

Soon Sehun also fell asleep. Even though Jiyeon was finally being the same, he couldn’t get the image of her from the morning. Something still felt off and he couldn’t brush off that feeling.

Sehun opened his eyes slowly, the bright sunlight blinding him. He frowned until he was finally used to the daylight. Then he got to see clearly his surroundings. Jiyeon was laying beside him, soundlessly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter