The Secret

The Secret Circle

"Jessica unnie, are you coming to lunch with Tiffany, Taeyeon, and I?"

"Yoona-ah I have to run some errands. I will let you know."

Jessica ended the call on her new phone. She had to run to the office to run errands. Of course, she thought. In her hands, she carried a check: $5000. It was for the boss, of course. 

She hopped into her newly acquired BMW she received from the company and drove down the road until she reached a large apartment complex. She was here. She made sure no paparazzi were around to capture her approaching the building, but then again, the boss would end up covering for her Anyways. She made her way up the staircase, wearing her black Ray-Bands so nobody in the building could recognize her. Three flights of stairs later, she was here. Room 139. The door slide open and she walked in.

"Are you here?" She called as she noticed the emptiness of the apartment. 

"I have been expecting you," a dark voice echoed in her ear that sent shivers down her spine.

"I have the money," she froze her place as he slowly slithered the money out of her hands.

"That's my Jessica. One more year and you'll be free from me for good," he taunted close to her ears. She was still shaking from the echo of his voice.

"Can I go now?" she swallowed.

"Why so soon Jessica? You just came." he smirked and motioned her to sit next to him on the couch. She made her way gradually and watched as he poured a glass of wine for himself.

"Jessica I noticed that your encounters with Donghae are becoming more frequent. Why is that?" he sipped the drink slowly and placed his arm across the couch. She was silent. "Well Sooyeon? Answer me, I thought we established this before you started working for me."

"I avoid him as much as possible, but he continues to make his way into my circle," she finally answered. He slammed his glass on the table. She could feel her hands shaking of fear.

"Jessica, do you remember what he did to you? He ruined your family. He was the reason your family owed so much money to me," 

"I don't think he realizes that I'm Sooyeon. All he sees is Jessica," she paused.

"And that's all I want him to see. Look you're doing a great job already Jessica. I promise you your reputation and your aspirations won't be harmed in the end. Just do what I want you to do, and if you do it quickly, you can go back to being Sooyeon and finally return to your family. Otherwise, fail and your life is in debt with me forever. Am I clear?" she nodded.

"Also, stay away from Donghae." and he motioned her to leave. She nodded and scurried as fast as she could. Tears rolled down her delicate face. She ran down the flight of stairs into her car. She buried her face in the stirring wheel and wept.

Then, a tall figure knocked on her window.

TO BE CONTINUED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apologies for such a short chapter. I'm still developing my plot haha. I kinda wanna turn into like Gossip Girl you know?

Yeah any suggestions let me know!