Payback

The Secret Circle

Siwon and Tiffany awaited for Yoona at a small cafe across the street from the mall. They were nervous to tell her the news, but they had to do it personally.

"Hey you're shaking,' Siwon said as he held her hand.

"Yeah, I'm nervous to tell her," she replied watching Yoona walk into the cafe. They immediately let go of each other as she walked in.

"Oh Siwon oppa is here," Yoona greeted both with a hugged and sat between Tiffany and Siwon, "so what is this big news you wanted to tell me Tiff unnie?"

The duo looked at each other before answering her question.

"Well actually we wanted to tell you something," Siwon said as he reached across to hold Tiffany's hand. She smiled and nodded. Yoona smiled and quietly laughed to herself.

"Guys, I already know what is going on between you two. I knew from the day Siwon oppa laid eyes on you Fany unnie," Yoona replied. The two were shocked by her response. "You guys, don't need my permission to date. I for one approve and ship Sifany!"

They looked at each other again and rejoiced. There was calmness in both their eyes. Yoona immediately pushed out of her chair and rejoiced with the happy couple.

"I'm so excited for you two! I really am!" She rejoiced. The trio looked as happy as ever, "did you tell your dad yet?" 

There was a same pause. Yoona and Siwon both looked at Tiffany who stared down at her feet.

His eyes widened. "You didn't tell you dad yet!?" he blurted out.

"I havent even told him about my acceptance to Harvard. How do you expect him to believe I'm dating Choi Siwon?" she finally replied.

"Unnie tell him soon or else how will he make it to the wedding?" Yoona suggested. Tiffany continued to stare down at her shoes.

"Yeah I know..."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Taeyeon had finished recording her last song on her new album. She was always excited to write produced new songs because she loved music. Her songs expressed the words that she couldn't say aloud. The producer thanked her for working so deligently as she grabbed her things to leave. She bowed to her team and left the building. Upon leaving the building, she received a text from Leeteuk.

"Meet me at the park at the usual place in five, yah?"

She was confused by the text but ultimately agreed. They haven't been to the park since Taengoo was just a trainee. It had been a long time since they had seen each other since the accident so in a way, she was excited to meet her oppa, but at the same time, she was nervous. At the hospital, he told her he loved her as a dongsaeng but the doctor told her things that suggested otherwise. She was confused in terms of what Leeteuk was thinking and how he felt about her.

She arrived at the park which was only a few blocks away from the recording studio. She walked to the bench that they used to eat ramen every night when she was training. She smiled as she remembered the good memories they had of each other. She plopped down to the seat and waited for Teuk to arrive.

"Aish, he's always late." she said to herself, scanning the park to see if he was even close to the park. Maybe he forgot the usual place, she thought to herself. I mean it's been almost years since we've met here.

She took out her phone to text the ahjussi, wondering when he will be there. In the corner of her screen, she saw a man holding a bouquet of flowers. The flowers appeared before her.

"Happy Birthday Tae!" he said in his high pitched voice. She turned facing the man who after all the years, never fails to forget her birthday.

"Thank you, oppa. I completely forgot today was my birthday," she smiled as she smelled the flowers.

"You forgot your own birthday!" he looked at her amazed, "how does anyone forget their own birthday!?"

"I don't know. I;ve been too busy I guess," she smiled at him who was now sitting beside her with a big bag.

"Well you're lucky you have me to remember," he shuffled through the bag to reveal a bowl of ramen: one for her and one for him. Taeyeon was surprised how he remembered the ramens. There were tears slowly forming in her eyes, but she wiped them away before he could see them fall.

"What you don't remember our usual ramen dinners?" he joked as he handed her a chopstick. She smiled. She wouldn't want to spend her birthday with anyone else but him. She watched him open the lid of noodles and slurp the strings down his throat. She smiled. Actually she couldn't stop smiling. Even after three weeks of no contact, he always managed to imprint a big smile on her face. 

"Come on eat before you're noodles get cold!" he reprimanded. She took a big slurp of the noodles and spit it back because of how hot it was. He laughed at her cute ways. She remembered to blow onto each noodle she picked up. As they finished they both relaxed on the park benched and watched as the people in the park dissipated as the sun went down.

"You know, me and Sora aren't together anymore," he finally told her. Her eyes widened. She actually thought that Sora and Teuk would be first to get married in the circle, but something about that news, sparked happiness.

"What happened?" she asked trying to avoid eye contact so she didn't end up smiling like any idiot.

"Eh, a big argument occurred. Oh well," he replied stretching out onto the bench.

"Oh she ended it?" she questioned.

"No I did."

Her eyes widened again. The spark of happiness, ignitated into a flame.

"Why are you so happy?" he said casually watching her expressions change dramatically. Actually the way she reacted was just the reaction he was hoping for. He just needed to be reassured.

"Oh I'm sorry oppa," she calmly replied.

"Nah, don't be. I realized that she wasn't the girl I loved," he replied casually, documenting and laughing to himself every expression Taeyeon gave when he replied.

"Who do you love oppa?" she said quietly.

"You."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"You didn't tell me you were Donghae's step brother!" she yelled charging into the apartment. Heechul sat in his arm chair still looking at his paperwork.

"I see that you read the file," he replied calmly, setting aside his paperwork and now facing Jessica.

"Uh Yeah! Why didn't you tell me?" she demanded, slamming the file onto his desk. He slowly rose and stood in front of her.

"This was one of the reason's why I didn't want Donghae involved, for your sake and my sake, but things came up and there was a change in plans," 

Flashback

Heechul is sitting at his desk scrolling through the Secret Circle when an side-link caught his eye.

"Lee Company is going bankrupt?!" Heechul said to himself.

"That man is ruining the company that my grandpa started!"

Heechul took out his phone and dialed Jessica's number.

"Yobasayo?"

"Jessica change of plans. I want you to create a scandal with Donghae and post it onto The Secret Circle."

"Wait what!? I thought you said the website would have no scandals with me in it!"

"Look Jessica, if you want your life back, I suggest you do as I say. Make Lee Donghae fall in love with Jung Soo Yeon all over again, and when the time is right, the plan will proceed. Understood? Meet him at the cafe. I will be there to take pictures."

She paused.

"Do you hear me Sooyeon?"

"Yes..."

I'm getting the company back.

End of flashback.

"So wait you're using everyone just to get this company back?" Jessica yelled, as for now she was enraged. Heechul has hurt everyone around him through the Circle, just for his own benefit.

"Look, in this world you have to do what you have to do in order to get anywhere Sooyeon," he retaliated back, "when Lee company tried to buy the land from your father, I was the one who bought it first. I was the one who told your father that he was able to keep his land as long as he lets me turn you into a celebrity. He ultimately agreed, thanking me from saving his land. From then, I devised this plan to try to take back Lee Company, first trying to get you into the company. As the years went by, Donghae started to fall for you again, and I didn't plan that. But I used it to my advantaged-"

'So you have been manipulating me, donghae and my family?!" she said furiously, "How could you have the heart to do that?!"

"Me have the heart?! I'm not the one who ran Donghae over or crash TaeTeuk with the car!"

She paused. She was confused. She thought, Heechul was the one who hit Taeyeon and Leeteuk with the car, after all he did say "he arranged his boys.'

"You think I'd pay for their hospital bills if I did?! I needed to spark some emotion in you Jessica. If anything you should thank me. When your family let you go, you've become this sulken character. I needed you to care again, for Donghae's sake at least." he finally revealed. Her expression remained blank. It was too many emotions to take in.

"I wasn't the one who hit Taeyeon and Leeteuk. I saw the opportunity to use the story to my advantage but I didn't hit them. What I said was a lie. Everything I've said to you to hurt you was a lie.  I would never in my righteous mind cause an accident like that," he paused, "But Lee Company would."

She lifted her head, shocked at what he just said.

"They were-"

"Taeyeon had been beating you in the music charts. They were losing money. They needed you to go back on top," Heechul revealed, "But you shouldn't be surprised by that. How do you think Donghae lost his memory?"

Now her eyes were filled with tears, "They were the one who hit Donghae?"

"LSM couldn't have his son dating a country girl. That's when I realized how heartless he was. My stepfather did anything he could to protect his image and his money. He was the one who revised my grandfather's will, This file holds the truth to everything. This file is the original will. This is my only shot at revenge."

She remained silent. Heechul stepped closer to her and gently wiped her tears off her face.

"I know this is a lot of information to take, but Sooyeon I couldnt have done any of this without you. I'm sorry that I had to take your life away. If anything, I spent every night beating myself over for what I've done to you," he said as he slowly lifted her head. Her eyes wandered as she looked at his face. This man who had been controlling his life for the past two years, protected her family from Lee Company, and tried to protect Donghae. This man who manipulated everyone, was a man of only words and no actions. This man didn't do anything to her circle of friends. Heck, he even paid for their bills and said it was the fans who paid. This man right here, was the one who made her fall for Donghae all over again, and feel for the world again. This man, Heechul, was good.

"Let's get your company back," she finally said. He smiled as the words left .

"I know the perfect way to do it too," she smirked.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sorry for such a late update I didn't mean to delay it so long. Hopefully this chapter made up for it!

I was actually too caught up with the Haesica Selca and holding hands that I completely forgot to update.

Thank you all for subscribing and commenting <3