Twins

The Secret Circle

"Looks like Kyuhyun is making his mark in the industry. All he needs now is a msitress is to share it with. With Yoona available now, will we see the sparks fly again with these two?"

"Seriously? How does the Circle know about my relationship with Yoona?" he said while reading off his computer, "They don't know how to out of our business!"

He was in the dressing room waiting for the other artists to finish their performances. He had just finish his performance and received this notice. Inside, he was very happy. He liked being paired with Yoona.

"Kyuhyun, fabulous job out there. You really got the crowd going with your melodic voice." his manager cheered. It's been two weeks and they haven't been able to reach number one because of newcomer Jessica. It's okay. He didn't mind. Jessica was one of his good friends.

"Now we have to start making Cho Kyuhyun a brand. We need to go international baby!" his manager rejoiced. Kyuhyun hesitated.

"Hyung, I rather wait awhile please. I need to focus on more training in my English," he excused. That wasn't his real reason why he didn't want to go national. Something was holding him back. Someone was holding him back.

He had been in love with Yoona for as long as She and Siwon had been together. He was one of the reasons that drove Yoona to go steady with Siwon. They're relationship was going nowhere and Yoona wanted to finally go public but Kyuhyun didn't want to because he was scared of the outcome of his career. He thought that people would only recognize him as Yoona's boyfriend and not appreciate his real talent. She got mad and stormed out of the relationship, leaving Kyuhyun with nothing but a career. Now, his career is stable and he is ready to begin a relationship with her again and hopes seem high considering it was reported that she and siwon were arguing. It was time, he thought.

He walked out of his dressing room only to find Yoona with Jessica laughing as they were ready to head home. He froze. He was suddenly scared to face her again. Yoona saw his figure and motioned Jessica to wait outside. She came closer to Kyuhyun.

"Oppa, great job tonight!" she smiled. Kyuhyun missed those smiles, the smile that was only for him.

"Thanks," he said shyly. He didn't understand why he was suddenly so awkward. They were still friends after all.

"Uh how are you and Siwon? Still going on?" he said awkwardly. She smiled.

"Unfortunately, I think Siwon oppa has his eyes on a heiress not me," she smiled. That's what Kyuhyun loved about Yoona. Even in hard times, she knew how to smile. She knew how to cheer herself up.

"I'm sorry, Yoona." he finally replied.

"It's not your fault oppa. Besides, what's a relationship when you don't have love involved, I knew this wouldn't last forever. Nothing ever does. We didn't." she Paused. He saw sympathy in her eyes. He knew that she wished they lasted but something in her voice told Kyuhyun it was too late. His plan ultimately ended right there.

"But you know, this gives The Secret Circle something to talk about right? After all that Haesica commotion, I think it's time for some Yoonwon drama." she joked. He laughed awkwardly. Yoona please don't give up on us, he thought to himself.

"Well I better go oppa. Jessica unnie doesn't like waiting for me too long, anyeong!" she smiled brightly. He knew that smile wasn't real. None of the smiles she gives out anymore are real. Her life seemed like a Korean drama, an she was playing the lead role yet again.

::::

"Bye Yoona! I'll see you tomorrow!" Jessica screamed out her car window as she dropped Yoona off at her apartment. She drove in her BMW yet again and blasted Kyuhyuns new song. Her phone began to ring. It was Donghae.

"Now what," she thought.

"Pretty Shica I hope you're ready for our date tonight!l! he cried with joy.

"oh crap, I completely forgot. I'm sorry Donghae but I have plans tonight. Tomorrow?" she hesitated. He paused.

"fine..." he said in disappointment. Jessica smiled at his cute voice. Oh gosh she thought. Why am I smiling? Jung Sooyeon get a grip. This kid is an idiot. She drove all the way downtown to meet up with the man.

"hello Sooyeon." he echoed

"the pictures please?"

"ah ah ah," he took back his hand holdingthe pictures as she reached for it," how is Donghae?"

"Lovely now, give it so I can leave!"

"so hasty Jessica," he handed her the file. She walked back into her car.

"yah! Don't fall for Donghae too hard!" he yelled as she was driving away.

::::

Meanwhile, Donghae sat in his studio apartment disappointed that his date night that he planned all week was ruined. He was actually anticipating their night together considering this was the fifth date she canceled. They only see each other when she is at the office. Since the whole outtake of the relationship, Donghae has become a different man, in a different light. Her icy personality attracted him more than ever. The more she pushed him away, the more he wanted to be with her. He didn't feel like making implusive actions as he did before. His previous relationships were all the piss off his dad, but he feels different when he's with Jessica, something he has felt before.

He cruised around his apartment looking for something "exciting" to occupy his time with. He could go out with the guys but it was a Wednesday and usually the clubs are packed with hopeless girls trying to get laid. He decided to look through a few photo albums from his childhood. He always LOVED doing that. 

"I really have no life," he mumbled to himself. He dug through the piles of pictures embroidered with jewels. He laughed at the middle parted hair he once sported back in middle school. While scrambling through the photos, he found one in particular that caught his eye. One of which the girl resembled Jessica:

"Jessica?" he said to himself. It boggled his mind. Who was this girl and why does she look so much like Jessica? He turned over the photo only to find a brief letter:

Oppa, 

It's been two years since we've been together. I miss you! I wish you came back to Korea. 

I hope you still remember me as clearly as I remember you. 

SarangHAE!

-Sooyeon

"Sooyeon? Who the heck is she? Why can't I remember her?" he questioned himself. He tried to think long and hard to why he couldn't remember this girl. He should remember her considering she was one of few girls he actually stayed with for more than two months. 

"Sooyeon...I can't remember her. Whatever, I'm with Jessica now anyways," he tossed the photo into the pile. He began to yawn continously. It was already 1 am. He decided to head off to bed. Besides the earlier he sleeps the faster he'll get to see Jessica.

That night Donghae dreamt of the same reoccuring dream he has had for the past 6 years. This time it was much more clearer. He remembered standing in the middle of the road watching a faint girl who was crying and yelling at him. He called out a name but he never knew what he was mumbling... until tonight, the conversation was clear. The name was Sooyeon.

"You disgust me! You and your manipulating father did this to my family! It was all a joke! I knew it was too good to be true." she yelled.

"Sooyeon, please wait. I had no idea my father was trying to build another factory in your home town." he explained. 

"That's what all you rich people say! You think you can just manipulate everyone to getting what you need. Well Donghae not anymore," she cried. the figure ran as fast as she could, Donghae called her name but she didn't look back. He called and called until she fainted in the distance. From then, all he could remember was a blurring flash that came towards him..

He woke up from his dream, panting. "Sooyeon," he said under his breath. 

He jumped out of bed and went back to the pile of photos, searching of the one of her. He took out his phone to find a picture of Jessica. The resemblence was too close, he though, way too close. Though he saw two different people. One was an innocent happy girl and the other was his ice princess. He thought back to his memories of Sooyeon, they were still ambigious. 

"Hello, Oppa!" rang in his ear with a sweet innocent voice that was similar to the "Hi Donghae!" Jessica says to him everyday on the phone. His mind raced with voices of the two girls. He couldn't control it; suddenly there was loud thump on the ground. He had fainted.

Leetuek who lived right below him heard this thump and was worried for his friend. Usually when there was a thump, nothing good was happening. He raced upstairs to find him lying on the floor, unconscious. He immediately called the ambulance. Luckily he was still awake to hear the noise. 

::::

Donghae woke up with blurred vision. He saw two chairs and small television and medical machines surrounding him. This was not his room, he thought. He saw a silhuotte hovering over his bed. 

"Sooyeon?"

She paused. "No, Donghae. It's Jessica.." she finally muttered. She was in shock. How did he remember? She thought the car accident erased the memories of her.

"Jessica?" he mumbled. He tried to get up to view a better look of his girlfriend.

"Stop Donghae you'll hurt yourself. You're in no state to be moving," she said apathetically. He smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" she questioned.

"Because it took me to faint for you to finally show that you some what care," he jolted.

She scoffed, "Just be lucky you're in this state or else I would have smacked you for that remark." 

"Jessica?"

"What?"

"Why don't you ever call me oppa?" he uttered out. He wanted to hear her say it.

She scoffed again, "Donghae, you'll be considered an oppa when you get my respect."

"And when is that? Wait lemme guess, Never!" he cried out.

"You're getting better at this." 

"Can you just say it once?"

"Really?" she said.

"Please? You owe me for canceling our date." he said with his puppy dog eyes. She rolled her eyes at him and caved in.

"Hi Oppa!" she said cheerfully... It struck him like lightening. It was Sooyeon's voice. Jessica was Sooyeon! The voice confirmed it.

"You're Sooyeon!"