Prank Gone Wrong

Two Best Friends


For the first time, Hyuk arrived to class early.

Roobi walked in, surprised to see Hyuk in his seat already. *Is he finally getting his act together?* She thought with a little smile. She went to her desk and saw a small post it note. 

 

Lee Roobi, could I have a talk with you outside before class?

-Mr. Choi 

 

Without a single doubt, Roobi immediately went outside. As soon as the door closed behind her, Hyuk immediately got into action. He grabbed a chair and moved it next to the door. He stood on top of it and took a bucket which was filled to the brim with ice and water. He skillfully set it on top of the door. It was definitely not the first time he attempted this. The other students snickered as they watched him excitedly. He quickly got down and went back to his seat with a huge grin. The students all had their eyes on the door.

 

“Do you have a problem, Roobi?" Mr.Choi asked when she approached him. 

"Didn't you want to talk to me, Mr.Choi?” Roobi replied back.

“About what?” He questioned.

“On my desk, you left a note saying you had something to say to me.” Roobi replied, confused.

They both stared at each other in confusion. 

“A note?” 

“You didn’t leave a note?”

“No.. come in and show me.” Mr. Choi turned the door handle. On the other side, everyone focused as the door handle turned. They held their breath. Mr. Choi walked in and the bucket of water fell, spilling ice and water all over his body. The bucket fell to the floor with a thud. A puddle of water and ice started to form around Mr. Choi.  

“OHHH!!!” The students got up excitedly and laughed.

Roobi could only stare in utter shock. 

Mr. Choi looked up with an unreadable expression on his face. He was drenched in cold water and the papers in his hand were all soaked on the floor. Roobi immediately bent down to help pick up the papers. The ink was all smeared and the handwriting was no longer legible. Mr. Choi’s face twisted with anger. 

“ROOBI GOT YOU SO GOOD!” One of the guys exclaimed suddenly. The class became quiet. 

Mr. Choi immediately turned to Roobi. 

“Did you trick me? Were you trying to stall me for time?” He said, angrily. 

“W-what? N-no! I.. I.. didn’t..” Roobi stumbled on her words, not knowing what to say. 

“To the office.. NOW.” He stormed off, leaving Roobi stunned. She quietly followed after Mr. Choi.

 

“WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!” One of Roobi’s friends smacked the guy in the head.

“Hey! Why did you hit me?!” He shot back, rubbing the back of his head.

“Why did you blame Roobi!?!” 

“What? I wasn’t blaming her! I just thought.. since she stalled him..” He mumbled.

Hyuk looked towards the door, feeling troubled. What trouble did he just get Roobi into?