Beach Part 2

Two Best Friends


“Hyuk!” A girl ran towards them with a big smile.

“Minji!” Hyuk sent her back a smile. 

Minji stopped in front of Hyuk and looked over at the two who were staring at her.

“Oh? Roobi, you're also here?”

Hyuk looked back and forth between them.

“Do you guys already know each other?”

“A little bit, we see each other occasionally at school.”

“That’s great then! I’ll do a quick little introduction then. This is Roobi, my childhood best friend. Roobi, this is Minji!” Hyuk introduced. 

“I didn't know you guys used to be friends. Well we should be good friends then.” She smiled at Roobi.

“Oh yeah. I don’t think I told you yet, Roobi. We're dating!” He added.

“Yeah, I heard.” Roobi replied.

Minji turned to Hyuk. “Anyway, I was looked all over for you! So you were here. What should we do now?” She beamed at Hyuk.

Taking that as a cue to go, Roobi motioned to Hyunsoo. “Let’s go get some food.”

Roobi and Hyunsoo walked away, leaving the two of them alone. 

 

 

“You guys are back already?” 

“Yea.”

“Oh? Where did Hyuk go?”

“He’s with his girlfriend.” Hyunsoo replied.

“A girlfriend!? Han Sanghyuk does? Did I just hear correctly?"

Hyunsoo nodded. "I saw her with my own two eyes! Right, Roobi?"

Roobi nodded. 

"Why that boy.. he hasn’t said a word about it!” 

“Really?”

“Kids these days.. they never tell their parents anything. I need to go have a talk with him later… Roobi, do you know her?”

“Not really, we just see each other at school sometimes.”

"Is that so?" Hyuk's mom continued to ponder.

“Here Roobi.” Her mother passed her a sandwich.

“Thanks mom.” She took the sandwich and took a bite.

 

“Can I go into the water now?” Hyunsoo asked for the hundredth time. His mother was rubbing sunscreen onto his arms. 

“Alright, now you can go. Roobi! Go with your brother.”

Roobi sluggishly got up. 

“Hurry up Roobi! Come on! Faster!”

“Alright, alright. Jeez. I’m coming.” She followed Hyunsoo. 

When she arrived, Hyunsoo was already in the water, running around and splashing the other kids. Roobi sat in the sand, staring into the distance. A person walked over and plopped himself next to Roobi. 

“What are you doing, sitting here all alone?” A familiar voice asked her.

“Just thinking..” Roobi answered. 

“About what?” Hyuk asked in turn. 

“Nothing.”

“Liar. How can you be thinking of nothing?”

“Well, I am. Okay?” 

“Whatever. I’m going into the water.” Hyuk walked away but instead of following him, Roobi just continued to sit. Seeing this, Hyuk went back and grabbed her arm.

“Hey!”

“You can sit all you want at home but we’re at the beach so it only makes sense to go into the water!” He pulled her up and pulled her towards the water.

“Where did Minji go?” Roobi asked out of the blue.

“Minji? She had to leave early.” He answered. He held onto Roobi’s wrist and ran into the water, pulling her along. He crouched down and began splashing randomly.

“Hey!” Roobi turned around, trying to avoid the water. 

Hyuk started to target her. “Ha!”

Roobi tried to block the water with her hands but it was no use. Half her shirt was already soaked with water. Since she was already wet, there was no use running away. It was time for revenge. Without another thought, Roobi began to splash Hyuk back. 

“Oh? You’re finally moving!” Hyuk stopped splashing as he said those words. Roobi took the chance to splash him even more. 

“Hey! Wait! Stop!” Hyuk turned around and ran away. Roobi chased after him. 

“Hyunsoo! Save me!” He cried dramatically.

Hyunsoo faced Roobi, only to be splashed in the face.

“Don’t worry hyung! I get revenge for you!” And with that, Hyunsoo sat down and kicked his feet in the water.

“Yah, Hyunsoo!!” Roobi sputtered as water hit her face. “I’m your sister! You should be helping me!”

“Sorry noona but hyung is in trouble! I need to protect from a big, hairy, and scary monster!”

“Are you calling me a big scary monster?!” Roobi asked in disbelief.

“You forgot hairy!” Hyuk added.

Roobi shot him a look. 

“What? It’s true. It actually describes you pretty well. A big, hairy, scary monster.”

Roobi grabbed a random floating beach ball and threw it at Hyuk.

He ducked and dodged it.

“Hey, that’s our beach ball!” A boy suddenly cried out.

“Oops.” Hyuk grabbed the ball and threw it back towards the boy. “Sorry!” He shouted. “I think we should add inconsiderate. A big, hairy, scary, and inconsiderate monster. Tsk, taking another person’s belonging without asking.”

Hyunsoo broke out into a fit of laughter.

“You’re laughing?” Roobi splashed more water towards her brother.

Hyunsoo shrieked. “Mean too! A big, hairy, scary, inconsiderable, and mean monster!” 

 

---

I'm so sorry for not updating for months! School has been taking over my life! I'll try my best to update as much as I can now! Thank you to the readers who are still reading this story! :)