We Know Nothing (2)

I ❤ U

It's already 3 am in the morning. But Jongdae could yet to close his eyes. He gets up and laid his back upon the headboard. He turns his head, looking at the woman beside him. The woman is sleeping while her back turned towards him; and that's better. He can't stand it if he needs to look at her face right now. Because he hates himself so much, more than he had ever loved it. 

He lets out a light sigh, but it is full of regrets. He turns his head back to the front, staring into the darkness of his bedroom. 

'What have I done..' he ruffles his hair roughly as if it could release the stuffiness that were lingering in his head from yesterday. Speaking about yesterday, his thought goes back to the scene that he saw yesterday and the ruthless truth that followed after that.

Jongdae was walking his way to her house , just for a mere friendly visit since they haven't seen each other for about one month. It was when he heard noises came from her housing area. He then stopped by some street walls to carefully examine the real situation. There were a man and a woman, arguing. He could only see the man's back view since the man was quite big enough to block the woman's figurine. But, he was shocked to hear her name being called by the man, and her voice. He was sure that was her voice. They were saying something about breaking up. He was going to help her when he suddenly heard the sound of a slap. "Ungrateful woman! You were being paid, yet you're acting so high and mighty, huh? Go die!" He could heard the man spat out, on her maybe, or on the ground. He was startled. Being paid.. what did the man mean by that? He was curious, so he was going to get her. But, the spot where the event took place just now was empty. There was no one. Maybe she had already went back to her house.

He felt uneasy. Like there was something that she hid from him. There was no way that he could asked her, herself about those things because he knew her too well, she won't answer no matter what. So, not to waste any time, he sprinted over to find the man. He must get an explanation. He need to. 

He found the man walking along an alley. He immediately went towards the man. He caught the man's collar and pushed him to the wall. 

"Tell me.. what is your real relationship with her? Tell me!" He shouted on the man's face. Luckily, it was an alley, and on that hour there won't be any people around.

The man was shocked when he was suddenly being dragged towards the wall. He tried to take a good look on the face in front of him since it was quite dark in there.

"Jongdae? What-" the man was going to say something when Jongdae pushed him harder on the wall.

Yes, Jongdae knew the man. He was an acquaintance of him and her. Apparently he was a loan shark and got involved in black market's business. That was the reason he didn't really favored that man. But, a few months ago, she informed him that she was dating that man. He didn't know why and how. He was heartbroken but kept it to himself and he tried his hardest to pray for their happiness. 

But, then that happened. 

"I said.. tell me, what is your real, true relationship with her?! Why did you slapped her?!" His eyes widened and reddened due to the explosion of anger inside him.

The man smirked, "So, you wanna know the truth? Haha! I paid her. She asked for some money from me, and I paid her, as long as she was willing to be my girlfriend. Well, you know how much and how long I've craved for her since before. Haha!" he said. 

The man gave out an annoying laughter before he continued, "Herm.. but it seems she had been working her out that she could paid back those money and asked for a break up. How easy of her! Haha! That's why I slapped her, because she was being annoying! She was being annoying most of the time, and she had never learnt her lesson. Brat!" 

His grip on the man's collar was tightened that the man got a little choked off. He then swung his fist hard on the man's left cheek.

"Break up with her! And don't ever show your face in front of her! True enough, I won't mind killing you!" He tossed the man aside and went home with anger filled his whole body. 

He was drinking his third bottle when she called him. He ignored it. As expected, she will call him again and again. Usually, he would pick it up within seconds or called her back, but that time, he didn't even wanted to listen to her voice. He was mad that she didn't told him about her problem and involved herself into some sort of danger. On the other hand, he felt useless as he couldn't sensed that something was wrong with her, his own bestfriend. He was totally useless.

His reverie was interrupted when he heard her voice.

"Why did you do this?" She said while still looking back from him.

Silence.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were in need for money?" He asked her back without answering her question.

Silence.

He sighed, "Okay, I may not being of any help on that matter. But, at least, why didn't you tell me that you got hit frequently by that jackass? Why?" 

"Because you are my bestfriend and I know that you will get worried over it, so I didn't tell you. You were already in quite a hard position yourself because of your sister's disease, and I don't want to give you more burden than you have now. I'm sorry," she replied with an almost choked off tone. 

He closed his eyes, trying to digest her answers within himself.

"But I am your bestfriend.." he said, almost begging.

She turns to the side, facing him, but not making any eye contact.

"Jongdae-ah, do you know? I love you.. I don't know since when.. but I know I've been loving you all these times.. " she said softly. Her tears started falling. 

His eyes widened. Wha-wha-what?? Did he heard it wrong? She loves him?? She loves this man named Jongdae?? God, tell me I'm not dreaming!

His heart is in a mess but he tries to control himself.

"Wha.. why didn't you tell me before?" He asked while his head is still sticked to the dark space.

She pulls a sob and said, "Because I remember you once said that it would be hard to be in a special relationship with a friend; bestfriend, to be precise. Because bestfriends knew each other too much and you were afraid that you would get bored over it soon. So, rather than not, I'd preferred to stay being your friend. We better off as friends as I really don't want to lose you. But, I thank you for tonight. I'm glad my first ever was with you, someone whom I love. Even though it was just a sudden act from anger, but I'm still glad as long as it's you." She smiled while sobbing. But her smile may not being seen since it's dark.

He was shocked. He was his first? 

"Wait, did you really mean that I was your first? You haven't done it with your so called ex-boyfriend?" He asked curiously. 

"Nope. He did forced me for some kisses, but I've never let him touch my body beyond the limit. And maybe that's why he got mad at me sometimes. But I care not. I didn't loved him anyway," she answered calmly.

Silence.

His heart is in another mess right now. She said that she loved him just a few minutes ago, and now she said that he was the first person ever to make love on her. His heart is beating so fast. He is so happy and excited that a wide smile was automatically formed on his face.

Getting no reply from the other side, she wipes her tears off and gets up slowly from the bed. "I'd better off now. Thank you for everything, Jongdae-ya. I hope we are still friends. And sorry for making you worried over those silly things of mine," she said with a light smile still on her face. She goes to the bed's end with the blanket still covering her bare chest to pick her clothes that were scattered on the floor.

But Jongdae stops her. He holds her shoulder and pushes her back on the bed. He's on top of her again with both of his hands on either side of her head. He is looking straight into her two eyes.

"Don't go. Stay with me. Now and forever," he said softly. 

She chuckled awkwardly, "Ya, don't say that if you doesn't mean it. I didn't confess for you to do anything. So, don't worry. Now, get off of me." She tries to push him over but he just leans nearer to her body.

He leans his head at the right side of her face and whispers into her ear, "I love you. Saranghae, Han Jung-I. Please be my wife." He kiss her right cheek and pulls up again to see her face. With that closeness, he could see that her eyes are watery and she has this confused look on her face. He smiles.

"Bu.. but you sa-said.." she was cut off with a light peck on her lips.

"Han Jung-I, you know what? I've fallen in love with you since the first day that we met in the cafe. It's been 3 years since then. So, you've got no words to go against me since I think my love is more "senior" than you," he said it with much confidence.

"B..bu..but-" she was cut off with a peck, again.

He clicks his tongue, "Just shut up, can't you?" 

She instantly bits her lips together.

He chuckles at her cuteness. With a smile still on his face, he leans towards her again and whispers at her ear, "For all these 3 years, I'd never find myself bored of you. And I've always wish for it to stay years more. I want to know you and to stay by your side forever. I can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave. So, please.. would you be my wife?" 

Tears of happiness flow out from her eyes. She nodded and wraps her hands around on his neck. "Yes, I do".

He smiles. And that dark morning becomes the new beginning for both of them.♥