DAY ONE: Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun.

Kill, Live, Win, Repeat.

DAY ONE

 

I. Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun.

 

Park Chanyeol was scared for his life. He feared that things would go worse, much worse than his muddy clothes. He felt a single breeze blowing over him. He grumbled as he looked above, detesting the low rumble from the sky.

He continued his long walk, jogging a bit as the sky grew darker, the sun probably far below the horizon already. He can’t tell after all, not in this dark forest he won’t. He groaned angrily as he felt his movements getting stiffer; result from his muddy clothes that are getting dry by each second.

Deep in his head, Park Chanyeol knew why he was here. Approximately one night from tonight, which is tomorrow, they will all be there, and the initiation will officially begin. Park Chanyeol knew that all he had to do right at this moment is to wait.

He knew that the other eleven players were also here, in the dark, sacred woods with him. Despite all the things he knew, Park Chanyeol was beyond terrified. All he could use as an advantage is his personality and his mind, that is, only until the initiation begins. Thankfully.

He walked around the woods for a little longer when he noticed it was soon going to be way too dark for him to explore what these woods has in store for him. In a way, he’s glad. He didn't want to walk in cirlces in the dark. It was just too scary, even too scary for him to imagine.

His heart raced quicker as his surroundings grew even darker, and so he quickens his pace. He knew he’s ought to run into one to two players before the initiation, so he only hoped for the best. His stomach was rumbling loudly and it was hard just to keep his eyes open. He had to settle somewhere soon, or else he might just faint.

He was running around in circles when he suddenly smelled the comforting smell of burning wood. His head jerked to his left as he saw a glowing light from a reachable distance. That glowing light was unmistakably fire. His frown grew into a smile. He knew he shouldn't have given up hope. Without thinking any further, he ran towards the light.

Park Chanyeol was always known for being weak despite his big appearance, and this was proven from the way his tongue sticks out of his mouth as his body leans slightly forward, just after a few meters run. Although his physical weakness is obvious, it doesn’t mean he’s mentally weak as well. With a bit of inner-motivation, he kept on running faster and faster.

He slowed down his pace as a camp appeared in his view. After catching up with his breath, he walked towards a nearby bush, careful to not make any sounds. His wide eyes observantly scanned the area for any traps and for any occupiers, but there seemed to be none. He let out a sigh of relief as he grabbed his knee for support before standing up.

Just before he could pull himself up, he heard a purposely-done cough just behind him. He fell down backwards as he swiftly turns his head backwards, just in time to see another boy who looked around his age, holding a bucket full of apples. Apples.

 

The stranger raised an eyebrow, questioning the other's actions. Chanyeol could only stare. He was amazed by the fact that the other boy looked so firm, as if he was claiming his territory. Once he realized that he had stared way too long, Chanyeol nervously laughed and scratched the back of his head. An old habit of his. Chanyeol quickly jumped on his feet and stood up, bowing down politely. His head almost hit the boy's chest.

"I’m Park Chanyeol~! Hehe...” Chanyeol said cheerfully, making a peace sign with his fingers. He mentally cursed himself for the unnecessary awkwardness that he just created at the moment. He bit his lips, looking down towards the ground shyly.

He looked back up towards the boy, and thankfully, he was smiling wide. He could tell it was a genuine smile, since his eyes were smiling along with him. He looked pretty nice. Actually, everyone looks nice in Park Chanyeol’s eyes. He wouldn't be able to tell the difference between bad and good. But in rare moments like this one, his feelings were right, even though he himself doesn't know it.

"Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun introduced calmly, scanning the boy from his head to his bare toes. He covered a laugh with a cough.

He had made the awkwardness even more unbearable. He looked around, trying to come up with a topic for a conversation. His eyes settled to the bucket of apples placed right in his hands. “Uh... Would you like some apples?” Baekhyun offered with a smile as he held out his bucket full of red, freshly picked apples. Every single one of the apples were not spoiled a single dent, and to Chanyeol, that was purely magical.

Baekhyun chuckled internally as he watched Chanyeol’s eyes widen. He could’ve sworn he heard Chanyeol’s tummy rumble. While Chanyeol was busy staring at the apples in disbelief, Baekhyun quickly observed him.

 

He was tall, that’s for sure. He’s also overly polite, in a good way. Deep inside, Baekhyun knew he could use this as an advantage somehow, but he would never dare do so. The boy looked way too innocent for him to play his dangerous stunts on. He sighed internally. He never thought he'd spare someone from his mean pranks and whatnot. After all, he was still unsure of Chanyeol's motives. He could be an evil serial killer, for all he knows.

But one thing for sure, Chanyeol was completely covered in mud. Literally. Except for his face and his messy raven black hair, thanks to his Obey cap, and he probably would've done anything to not get the mud onto his precious face. He stared at the boy with a blank expression. It's like he’s been out here for months now.

Suddenly, something clicked in Baekhyun’s mind.

“Hey," He started. "Were you crying before, somewhere in the woods? I think I might have seen you earlier.” Baekhyun said with no shame at all. He did felt ashamed though, once Chanyeol’s entire face, including his wide ears, turns unnaturally pink. Chanyeol nodded slowly, embarrassment written all over him. Baekhyun scratched the back of his head, avoiding eye contact. He felt bad.

“Yes, unfortunately, that was me. I was freaking out,” Chanyeol explained. I could tell, Baekhyun thought. “That’s how I got the mud all over me.” Chanyeol mumbled in annoyance as he gestured to his clothes. In his head, his precious black Supreme/Champions hoodie and his grey sweatpants were dying a slow, painful death. They were probably completely dead by now. Indeed, Chanyeol's imagination runs wild.

Baekhyun nodded sympathetically as he pursed his lips. At least he learned another thing about Chanyeol; he’s a complete city boy. But even so, he found him quite interesting. Baekhyun nodded again, amused. He smiled.

 

“Let’s warm up, then.”