Chapter 1: Meet the Players.

Kill, Live, Win, Repeat.

Park Chanyeol gasped for air as he ran as fast as a cheetah through the sacred thick, dark woods. The mud beneath his worn out boots splashed around him as he dashed aimlessly towards nowhere. I just have to get out of here, it should be no problem, right? The panicked boy thought. The problem is, where is here in the first place? Park Chanyeol still doesn’t know.

It’s not that he wanted to know in the first place, but he had to, whether he liked it or not. All Park Chanyeol knows is that, that dead body he saw just a few seconds ago was a warning from The Almighty Himself that he needs to get the heck out of this hellhole, and fast.

 

        Oh Sehun walked in a calm pace with his fists comfortably placed in his pockets, whistling a happy tune. He was observing a pretty flower that he had picked up along his way. It was a pretty blue forget-me-not, with a hint of pink on it as well.

   He smirks as he threw the flower carelessly down to the muddy trail. Oh Sehun knew someone was watching him. He knew this person has a glint of curiosity in their sparkling light brown eyes, and the warm feeling of pure thrill and excitement spreading throughout his stomach. Indeed, Oh Sehun knows everything.

 

Do Kyungsoo gagged in disgust as he hopped lazily over a rotten body. He stopped in his tracks as he closely inspected the disgusting being, pinching his nostrils. He noticed there was a small dagger hanging loosely in its chest.

He took a deep breath and held the dagger in his tight grip and pulled it out with an unnecessary force, resulting in him staggering back afterwards. He felt his stomach turn as the stench reached his nostrils. He decided it would be better if he held the dagger rather far from his face. Who knows, maybe it’ll come in handy some time around. In a place like this, it’s better to be safe than to be sorry at all.

 

Luhan looked above, hoping to see the blue skies and chirping birds waiting for his eyes to gaze upon them, but all he sees were dangerously tall trees with few ripe apples hanging from the thin branches. Apples. He needs to get to them somehow. He looked around in hope to find anything that he might use to climb up with when he suddenly heard steady footsteps coming near him from behind.

With a frown, he swiftly brought himself to the nearest bush, unfortunately stepping over a branch and creating a loud, cracking sound. He felt a single cold sweat as it dripped down his chin as goose bumps tingled his spine. As he held down his breath, he peeked out the thin bush. Surprisingly, he saw a human being. An actually alive human being.

 

 

Park Chanyeol found himself on his knees, panting heavily and surprisingly not caring about the fact that thick mud was all over his favorite sweatpants. He knew he couldn't go on like this. He needed to calm down. He decided to let go of his pride, and a tear falls down from his baby-face.

Park Chanyeol knew he’s not going to survive, but at least he knows how to survive for as long as he needs. Keep a smile on his face, as simple as that. Smile, Chanyeol, smile. At last, a small forced grin appeared on his face. Dangerously, the grin gradually turns into a wicked, neverending laugh.

 

Does Oh Sehun know about everything, really? For instance, he doesn’t know where he is right now. He doesn’t know what’s going to happen for the next five minutes. He doesn’t even know what he doesn’t know.

But what Oh Sehun knows for sure is that he’s going to be all right. He’s going to be just fine, and he’s going to make it out alive and clean. Probably not so clean, but at least very much alive. He continued his stroll, still completely aware of his stalker. He didn't forget to make sure that this stalker of his gets the show of his lifetime.

 

All Do Kyungsoo knows is that the moment has come for him, and for the other players, too. He knows where he has to go, he knows what he has to do, he knows. His father, being the wise and experienced man he is, had told him everything.

He had said that the other players are just like chess pieces, and he could be the mastermind behind all of their movements, if he wanted to. All he has to do is manipulate them, and he will win the game. It’s as simple as that, but still, he made sure he didn't forget that it's always easier said than done.

 

And Luhan? The boy was pretty much way more hopeless than Park Chanyeol is. To the shy boy, everything was beautiful. He’s the nicest boy in town. He’s got that thing that makes everyone wanting to protect him. But even so, we should always keep in mind that everyone has another side to themselves that no one knows of. Everyone.

So worry not, because indeed, Luhan will be just fine. But at the moment, Luhan doesn’t care about anything else going on around him. The only thing he cares about is the whistling stranger he’s been following around this whole time. He knows he needed to approach him sooner or later. For now, he'll stay hidden and wait for any given moment. He didn't hold in that sneeze for nothing, after all.

 

Zhang Yixing hissed in pain as a drop of blood appears in his pinky. That’s the third time today he’s ran into prickly bushes. He glared towards the damned bush as he on his poor pinky.

He then continued his long walk and yawned when he felt his eyes getting more and more droopy, if that was even possible. Though, his eyes snapped wide open the moment he heard whistling from afar as his ears perked up.

 

Kim Joonmyun stood up and brushed a sweat off from his forehead. He stared down the poor bird that is lying down comfortably in the palm of his warm hands. He had accidentally swatted the bird, mistaking it for a huge bee, like such things exist in the first place, but who knows? He had swatted the bird much too harsh for his own liking that the bird now has to deal with a broken leg. Thankfully, he had his ‘handy bag’ with him and wrapped a cast around the bird’s leg. Yes, Kim Joonmyun treats animals just like human beings, and honestly, no one would want to change a thing.

 

Byun Baekhyun skipped happily around the forest. He was doing just fine. He greeted a deer he saw earlier (it didn’t run away from him!), he successfully sneaked past a crying-yet-laughing boy that was basically a mud magnet, and he found an apple, too.

Honestly, he doesn’t know what he’s doing here, or how he ended up here in the first place, but whatever the consequences were supposed to be, he was doing just fine. He’s now collecting huge leaves to prepare himself once nighttime falls. In his heart, he has a strong feeling that maybe, just maybe, he will run past the crazy boy again soon.

 

        Kim Jongdae smelled the comforting scent of burning wood. It was nearby. He followed the smell, and once he saw the source, he hid behind a tree. He watched cautiously as a person walked out a tent made out of leaves, approaching his fireplace, completely unaware, or so he thinks.

He watched the person stop in his tracks, and he felt his heart skip a beat in excitement as he got a better look on the boy. He heard the boy chuckle as his own eyes widen in surprise. Without any words, the boy’s head turned directly towards him with a smile.

“If you want to join me so bad, then show yourself. I don’t bite.” The boy said calmly with a slight grin. Kim Jongdae ran away like there was no tomorrow.