DAY TWO, 10:30 PM: Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun.

Kill, Live, Win, Repeat.

II. Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun.

 

      Echoes of joyous laughter were heard clearly throughout the dark woods. Chanyeol held his aching stomach while laughing hysterically, unfortunately unable to stop no matter how hard he tried. Baekhyun joined in, wiping tears with his right hand, the other on Chanyeol's broad shoulder. Chanyeol took a deep breath, desperately trying to stop the laughter, but of course, he failed miserably.

So here's what happened; Chanyeol had told Baekhyun an embarrassing story from his childhood, and uncoincidentally, Baekhyun had done it as well. What are the chances? They found it hilariously odd. It's not something that every kid in the world does, after all.

"Oh, man!" Chanyeol said through a fit of giggles. "That's so weird!"

Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief as he giggles, wiping off a tear from the edge of his eye.

"I know, right?!" Baekhyun said as Chanyeol nodded. A dorky smile was plastered on his face.

Chanyeol doesn’t remember the last time he had laughed like this. It must’ve been such a long time ago, so long that Chanyeol couldn’t even remember how it felt. Chanyeol made sure that he might as well cherish the moment and keep it in his mind; another good memory to use when things are just way too much for him to handle. It will come in handy.

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol's sudden silence. His rectangle smile turned into a frown almost in an instant. He noticed Chanyeol was fiddling with his fingers. He could tell he was nervous.

"What are you thinking about?" Baekhyun asked out of the blue.

"Nothing," Chanyeol replied with a sigh. "It's just..."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and squeezed his shoulder reassuringly, pursing his lips. "You can tell me, you know." Baekhyun assumed that Chanyeol doesn't open up easily, but that's just an assumption.

"No, it's just... To be honest," Chanyeol gulped. "To be honest, I... I don't want to get too close to you." Baekhyun was taken aback. Chanyeol's eyes widen, realizing what he just said. He placed his hands over his mouth in surprise, mentally scolding himself.

"No, no! That's not what I meant! I meant that I don't want to get too comfortable with you, that's all--" Chanyeol tried to explain, but all of a sudden, Baekhyun cut him off, seeming angry.

"And why is that?" Baekhyun snapped. Chanyeol fell silent, afraid to say the wrong thing for the second time. He knew he messed up. "Because I'm another player? Is that it?" Baekhyun continued, “Because we're supposed to kill each other ruthlessly instead of laughing together in front of a bonfire eating apples? Because you're too scared of the risks? Because--"

 

"Because losing someone like you would just be too much for me."