DAY TWO, NEARING MIDNIGHT.

Kill, Live, Win, Repeat.

DAY TWO, NEARING MIDNIGHT.

 

The atmosphere was so uncomfortable. Five minutes has passed since the flash, but to the players, it seemed like years. The silence was deafening. Some of them coughed purposefully, hinting the others to begin something first, but as expected, no one said a single thing.

Sehun groaned in boredom. Baekhyun seemed as if he wanted to say something but was holding back. Luhan held back his tears. Kai was close to falling asleep. Xiumin rhythmically poked his cheeks that were bloated, filled with air. Yixing stared blankly to the space in front of him. From afar, a person would think of nothing suspicious.

It seems just like a bunch of teenager friends going camping, watching the stars and gazing at the night sky, as if they were going to return home tomorrow, or the day after, but there’s no one here besides them in the first place, so the thought was useless.

 

    “ARGH!’ Sehun suddenly yelled. Someone had grabbed his hair. No, something. Believe it or not, no one was there. It was as if Sehun was dragging himself across the dirt. All heads turned to him, eyes wide in surprise.

Sehun felt himself getting dragged away to the center of the area. Luhan grabbed his ankle, trying hard to pull him back, and Sehun felt as if he was about to be torn apart. He wanted to tell Luhan to stop and just let him go, but at the same time he doesn’t want him to. Sehun felt his body trembling as his head started to feel faint. He couldn’t even feel his head anymore. He felt detached.

Luhan finally let the tears pour freely from his eyes. He was so scared. For Sehun, that is. Yixing, being the closest to him, held Luhan tight. He hugged Luhan, trying to keep him in place so he won't get dragged along. Chanyeol joined in by hugging Yixing, and Yixing could feel his ribs getting crushed. Meanwhile, Luhan clenched his teeth as he grunted, his grip on Sehun's ankle tightening.

"Lu-- Let me go!" Sehun choked out, kicking him off. Luhan and the other two were thrown back hard to the ground. Once again, Sehun felt himself harshly getting dragged across the dirt. His body hurts so bad that he couldn't even feel his legs anymore.

From afar, he heard Luhan yelling his name desperately. He couldn't help but grin. So attached already, huh? Sehun felt warm inside just a bit, despite the condition he was in.

Just a few seconds later, his head dropped back to the ground. Whatever was pulling him from his hair has now let go, thankfully. The impact was so sudden and painful that Sehun thinks he fainted just for a second there.

Bit by bit, he gained back his senses and slowly sat up, rubbing his temples in pain. His head was throbbing. He was so dizzy that his body started swaying back and forth. He could barely open his eyelids. It seemed like he could just drop down and faint any second now.

Seeing that, the other players started to approach him. First Kris, then Chanyeol, then Yixing, and then the others catched up. Except for one particular person, that is. He stayed put. Sehun felt light-headed and was about to drop himself back to the ground, but he felt someone supporting his back.

"Whoa, there." Kai said, rubbing his back rhythmically. His eyebrows were furrowed deeply. He bit his lower lip. His heartbeat was quickening every second. He still couldn't believe what happened, even though it happened right in front of him. There’s no logical explanation after all.

"Where does it hurt?" Asked a worried Yixing, slapping Sehun's cheeks lightly, trying to fully wake him up from the daze.

And from afar, Luhan can only watch. Pain filled his eyes as his heart aches. Even so, he still doesn’t quite understand why he feels that way. "Sehunnie..." He whispered. Tears were endlessly streaming down his tender, red cheeks.

 

Sadly at that time, they were too busy taking care of the injured boy to become aware about the fact that in the middle of the trees and camouflaged by the haze, someone--no, something--was watching them intently with a plastic smile plastered on their face.

 

"Solid. Expected."