Two.

The Single Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two.                                                           

 

Dr.Zhang's a !

 

..

 

She hated him. She detested him. He had been making her life hard ever since she stepped foot into the hospital. He may have looked like a naive, unsuspecting puppy but he wasn't! She was sure he was the Devil in disguise. If only he weren't her boss, if only she didn't have to be in his good cards to not lose her job, she would have surely pulled his hair out of his pretty face and ripped it apart.

 

She was literally fuming. The guy made her run around all day long, asking her to fetch him coffee! Yes, coffee! What was she, his personal assistant? She was a freaking doctor for god's sakes, she wasn't supposed to be getting him coffee. And when she had got the coffee, he wasn't happy with it. Apparently, she had messed up his order when she clearly remembered that she got him exactly he had asked for; in fact she had repeated it over and over again to herself to not mess it up.

 

This wasn't something she had signed up for when she joined as an intern. When would she actually get to do some work? All these years she had been awaiting the time she started working as an intern and start off her career as a surgeon. However, instead of curing people she was serving caffeinated beverages to her boss. And that wasn't all. While the other interns were actually doing some work-related stuff, she was either getting coffee or  filling in all the patient records for him, which was extremely tedious. She had nearly dozed off on the files for her shift had lasted for more than fourteen hours. 

 

She suddenly heard a thud on her table. She found herself looking at a hand, which she would have admired if she wasn't in this dire situation for muscular arms with prominent veins happened to be her weakness in guys, holding coffee. Fearing the worst, because she knew who it was, she silently looked up to meet the person's eyes. She knew she was going to get screwed for dozing off.

 

"Here. Drink this," he said, placing the warm cup of coffee on her table. She didn't really know what to make of his expression. The corners of his mouth twitched very slightly. "And I expect the files to be ready and done on my table in an hour, Dr. Song."

 

Before she could even respond, he walked away. She sighed, grabbing the cup of coffee. That jerk had at least got her some coffee after all the work he gave her. She failed to understand why he was picking on her though. She hadn't done anything wrong. Well, except for showing up late on her first day, she had made sure she made no more mistakes. In fact, she was much more prepared than the other interns. She had gone through all of Dr. Zhang's cases and made sure she studied every single detail. Yet, he seemed to have no interest in making her do anything other than clerical work.

 

Groaning loudly, she left a quick text to Baekhyun, saying she'd be sleeping in the on-call room. It was nearly two in the morning; she didn't want to go home so late. Instantly receiving a reply from Baekhyun, which was mostly asking her to take care and not lose strength, she  finally smiled, all thanks to Baekhyun's cute message. How she wished she could confide in him and tell him what was going on at work, but she couldn't. She didn't want Baekhyun to think she couldn't handle it. She glanced at her watch again to realize a lot of work needed to be done in less than an hour. She cursed for the umpteenth time, Dr.Zhang surely was a . She was certain he knew it was impossible to get so much work done in such a short time frame. It was as if he had wanted to torment her on purpose.

 

                                                                                               

 ****

 

As if work at the hospital wasn't bad enough, going home was worse. Baekhyun had decided to invite a hoard of friends over to their place. She groaned mentally the minute she stepped foot into her apartment. She was pretty sure she looked like crap, having slept for only a few hours. She was certainly in no mood to entertain any guests, although most of them were her friends too for Baekhyun had forcefully made her befriend them, citing that she needed to be more social around people.

 

Great! Now she'd have to deal with all these annoying couples. Somehow, every single one of her "friends" was dating. And they almost never went anywhere without their respective partners. It was like they were a bunch of Siamese twins or something. It was as if they wanted to rub it in her face that she was the only person single. Even Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter