Bonus Chapter.

The Single Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Anniversary Date and Babysitting. 

..

 

Hana leaned against the window of the gallery on top of the OR, smiling as she watched Yixing perform a surgery. She’d decided to drop in to the hospital, hoping to surprise him and she couldn’t wait. The surgery was almost done, as she could see, he’d already asked one of his interns to suture all the incisions, while he stood aside supervising. His eyes crinkled through his mask when the head nurse said something to him, perhaps congratulating him for the successful surgery, Hana thought.

 

In the past few years, Yixing had picked up Oncosurgery as his specialty, and Hana knew how much it meant to him. She felt happy and proud whenever he’d come home, telling her about his patients, and how they’d managed to operate on them successfully. In fact, Hana felt as if Yixing had gotten much happier, especially after the birth of their beautiful baby boy, Xian.

 

He’d been a wonderful father, so much that he made Hana feel slightly insecure of her parenting skills. It was as if everything came to him naturally, while she was rendered helpless most of the times. She’d spent sleepless nights, trying to lull Xian to sleep, but to no avail. He simply wouldn’t stop crying. But Yixing always came to her rescue; she didn’t know how he did it, but he always seemed to have some trick up his sleeves when it came to putting Xian to sleep. And now, three years old, Xian was quite a hyperactive child. His main hobbies seemed to be throwing everything he could grab in his hands, and stepping on things until he broke them. She felt a little worried at times. Was it normal for a child to be so…wired and energetic?

 

Yixing, who always found Xian’s destructive habits amusing, assured her that she was worrying for no reason. But she believed it was her who had to spend most of her time taking care of him. And each time, he broke something new. It made her wonder if she’d made a mistake by not joining back to work. She’d thought of resuming her residency after Xian turned a year older, but when the time had come, she couldn’t bear to separate from him. Besides, she wasn’t certain she could trust leaving her precious baby to any of the nannies. One could never tell what’d happen. What if they left him unattended and he hurt himself? She’d realized she was quite over-protective about Xian, and that was probably because she could have lost him with her accident. Both Yixing and her thought themselves as lucky for being blessed with such a beautiful baby, even though, he tended to be quite a handful at times.

 

But today was their third anniversary and Hana wanted to spend some time with Yixing, alone. She hoped Xian wouldn’t trouble his godparents, Baekhyun and Soojung, who she’d assigned on baby-sitting duties for the day, much. She secretly wanted Xian to trouble them a little though, just a little. They’d been enjoying their lives, and sometimes Hana felt envious that she couldn’t really be as carefree as them, or even get as much sleep as them. But at the end of the day, she felt it didn’t matter. Even though she felt drained and tired, it was still worth it to see Xian yawn loudly and snuggling close to her when he finally fell asleep. They still couldn’t figure out who he looked more like, but when asleep she felt he looked exactly like Yixing – he almost seemed innocent. Then the next morning, he’d go on his rampage again, and Hana would wonder what had happened to the innocent, little sleeping child. It was safe to say that every day in her life was quite eventful, but she’d come to like it.

 

She glanced at her watch to note the time; she knew Xian wasn’t going to sleep for another couple of hours. She felt a little sorry for Baekhyun and Soojung, perhaps they’d realize it wasn’t that easy to raise a baby, she thought. The couple had recently decided to have a baby, and Hana thought of this as the perfect occasion to get them used to nursing a baby. And also, spend some time alone with Yixing.

 

She peered down below to see her husband taking off his surgical gloves and mask, beaming at everyone while thanking them for their good work. She could tell his relations with the other staff had improved drastically ever since she’d come into his life. It was something she’d definitely take credit for, he had been happy with her, and that reflected in his work too. And ever since he’d become a father, he seemed to be extremely pleasant towards everyone he encountered, which was quite a change from his previous demeanor.

 

Hana, on the other hand, was perhaps still the same. She usually avoided the ‘Baby & Mama’ club meetings that she’d received invites for, over and over again. Yixing had urged her to go a couple of times, but when met with her scowling face, he’d simply laughed, saying she’d never change. Don’t get her wrong, but the last thing she needed was a couple of prim new mothers criticizing her parenting skills, although sometimes she felt she could Xian with her, one of these days, and walk in to the meeting. It’d have taken him only seconds to trash everything in the room, and perhaps spray water on the prim new moms. That seemed like a plan. And perhaps, after that, she’d stop receiving those invites.

 

She didn’t really know the A-Z of parenting, but Yixing’s stepmother had been of great help. The older lady had taught her quite a lot, which ideally should have been taught to her by her own mother. But Hana had moved on, she wasn’t going to force herself upon them anymore. If they wanted her in their life, which they didn’t, they would have come to her. Anyway, she now had a family of her own, which made it easier to let go.

 

When she noticed Yixing walking out of the OR, she slipped away, quickening her steps of sneak into the scrub room.

“Hello, Dr. Zhang,” she whispered in a teasing, low voice, smiling at him suggestively. Yixing, on the other hand, looked stunned, just as she had expected him to be.

 

“Hana…what are you-” Hana pulled him forward by tugging on to his scrubs harshly, seizing his plump lips to kiss him. Her long nails grazed the back of his neck as he deepened their kiss. It had been long since they’d properly kissed, Xian somehow always managed to keep them busy. And that was why Hana believed they needed some time off from parenting duties. When they pulled apart, Hana beamed at him widely, only to peck his lips again.

 

Yixing smiled fondly at his wife, pulling her closer to rest his chin on the top of her head. “What are you doing here, baby?”

 

“I came here to surprise you,” Hana muttered softly, snuggling on to him. “Were you?”

 

“Surprised? Of course, I was,” he chuckled. “Is this part of your big anniversary date plans?”

 

Hana nodded vigorously, grinning at him. “Happy anniversary, Dr. Zhang!”

 

“Happy anniversary, baby. I love you,” he cooed in return. “What about Xian?”

 

“He’s with Baekhyun and Soojung,” Hana chuckled softly, raising her head to meet Yixing’s eyes. She could tell that Yixing too was thinking the same thing.

 

“Should I pray for them?” he joked.

 

“I suppose.” She laughed. “So anyway, it’s just going to be the two of us tonight.” Hana’s eyes gleamed as she grinned yet again. She’d planned everything out for their anniversary, and wanted everything to go accordingly. So far, she was doing great. Now, the next thing to do would be to convince Yixing to ditch the rest of his day at the hospital, and join her. “I booked us a room.”

 

“Really?” Yixing sounded amused. “You’ve really planned this entire thing out, haven’t you? I must say I’m impressed.” He bent done to peck her nose. “So…where to next, Mrs. Zhang?”

 

“Oh, you’ll see,” Hana replied, running her nails across his clothed chest, slowly moving her hands upwards to pull him down for another kiss, which seemed a lot more heated than the previous one. Yixing’s hand caressed her soft skin through her short, black dress, something she’d picked out to wear especially for their special date. But with the way things were going, she doubted if they needed to be clothed for much long. He lifted her off her legs without breaking their kiss, and Hana simply wrapped herself around him as he led them to the closest wall. They’d quite forgotten that they were in the hospital scrub room, not an ideal spot to make out in. And almost immediately the door flung open, causing them to break away.

Hana found herself staring at an attractive young girl, dressed in the hospital scrubs, looking at both Yixing and her indifferently.

 

“Dr. Zhang.” Hana heard her saying while she fixed the straps of her dress. She knew it had looked quite bad, Yixing was supposed to be setting a good example to his interns, and not get caught making out in the scrub room. She bit her lip to refrain herself from laughing, the girl’s face looked rather serious, but Hana knew she’d pretty much witnessed everything – Yixing’s lips latched on the curve of her s, and his hands well underneath her dress. She hoped the girl wasn’t scarred from the incident, she almost felt sad for her. But when girl glanced at her disdainfully, Hana immediately frowned.

 

“I had to ask you a few questions.” She turned to Yixing, who seemed to have recovered quite well, but Hana knew that he too was trying not to laugh.

 

“Sure, Dr. Jung,” Yixing answered politely. “How about we go through this tomorrow?” He glanced at Hana surreptitiously, his mouth twitching at the sides. Hana knew he wanted the girl gone as much as she did. Unfortunately, she didn’t seem to get it.

 

“But, Dr. Zhang, I need to clarify it now. I’ll be scrubbing in on that surgery first thing in the morning tomorrow, with Dr. Kim, and I need to be prepared.”

 

Yixing let out a soft sigh, and looked over at Hana helplessly. Hana shrugged slightly in return and took a seat on one of the benches in the scrub room. “Alright then, please do go ahead,” Yixing uttered.

 

The girl, however, seemed immersed in glaring at Hana. Hana, who noticed this, smiled at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter