Five.

The Single Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Five.                                           

 

Dr. Zhang, the ruthless surgeon?!

 

..

 

"You've had enough, stop it would you?"

 

Yixing tried to grab the shot glass away from Hana's hand, glaring at the bartender who had blatantly agreed to pour more drinks to an extremely wasted Hana. The rest of them had left but Yixing had stayed behind, for he felt it was his responsibility to make sure that Hana got home safe; after all, he had been the one to drag her here in the first place. What he didn't know was he'd have to deal with an extremely inebriated Hana, who could barely handle herself. He could see the other men at the bar glancing over to her side with lewdly, hoping to take advantage of her if they got a chance.

 

He handed his credit card to the bartender and draped his arm around Hana's shoulder, he was a little tipsy himself but he was at least in his senses, unlike Hana who could barely manage to stand up.

 

"Hana." He shook her slightly to make sure she wouldn't pass out before heading out or he might have to carry her. Besides, he had no idea where she lived, so he needed her to be awake to tell him that. 

 

"Hana." He called out to her again, he felt strange addressing her on a first name basis because to him, she had been Dr. Song always, his intern whom he didn't have to get up close and personal with to call her by her first name. In this case, however, the situation left him with no choice or so he would like to think.

 

It had a strange ring to it; he had to admit that the name suited her. Hana, on the other hand, had no idea what was happening. She found almost everything amusing; but why wasn't the floor standing still? She could feel somebody's arm draped around her shoulder, trying to get her to stand up straight. 

 

"Hana."

 

Hana looked into the person's eyes that emitted so much warmth and care. She beamed happily as she hugged him. Yixing, who had no idea what she was doing, struggled to get out of her embrace. He knew the girl was drunk, she probably had no idea what she was doing, except when she muttered something he got more confused.

 

"Baekkie," the girl exclaimed and snuggled closer to him. 

 

"You've become tallerrrr.." her speech was slurring.

 

"Baekhyunnieeee!"

 

Yixing had somehow managed to drag the girl, who was still hugging him, outside to hail a cab. Since he had no idea where she stayed, he gave his address to the driver; there was no harm if she crashed at his place right? He was just being a responsible resident who was taking care of his intern and nothing else. Nothing else at all.

 

"You've been ignorreeeng me." The girl continued to whine. Yixing knew the words were meant for some "Baekkie" person, possibly her boyfriend. Should he call him and ask him take Hana home? But somehow shrugged those thoughts away when the girl finally let him go, turned to the other side to sleep. He pinched the bridge of his nose, exhaling loudly. He made a mental note to avoid bringing one of his immature interns, with an extremely low alcohol tolerance, out for drinking.

 

He hated irresponsible people like Hana; he could never understand how such people existed. If the girl knew about her low capacity, she should have refrained herself from consuming more alcohol. She couldn't expect him to keep an eye on her all the time, making sure she wasn't drinking a lot. But what irked him more was, had it been any other day or maybe someone else, he would have probably left them there to fend for themselves. Somehow, he just couldn't let himself to leave the girl behind.

 

He carried Hana to his apartment by scooping her into his arms, she was fairly light, much to his relief; he definitely didn't wish to be nursing a sprained back the next day. Since it was almost two in the morning, there were not many people lurking around to witness anything or he may have come across as some ert, who took advantage of some drunk girl at the bar. He pressed in the code to open the lock and made his way in.

 

Hana had woken up and this time however, she called him Dr. Zhang and not 'Baekkie'. 

 

"Dr.Zhang, the ruth...the ruth..what's the word?" she scrunched her nose.

 

Yixing stifled a chuckle. "Ruthless."

 

"Yes. Ruthlesssst." She made herself comfortable on his couch, as she placed her legs on top of the coffee table.

 

"Such a bland place, everything's black and organized. There's no way I would live here," Hana announced as her eyes scanned the room. Yixing, who sat down next to her, was somewhat amused at the girl's behavior. At the hospital, she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter