Epilogue.

The Single Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Epilogue.

 

..

 

Yixing was wondering which furry little creature would be their future companion as he walked around the pet shelters. Hana had no clue about this although; he decided it would make a nice post-wedding present for his beloved wife.

 

They had gotten married about a month back. Hana had made it quite clear she didn't need a fancy wedding because apparently she didn't want to be a ‘fat–hippo’ bride, as she had quoted. Yixing didn't mind, they had settled for a simple registration in the city hall with Baekhyun and Soojung, who were more than glad to be their witnesses.

 

Hana had contemplated on whether her supposed family had to be informed, Baekhyun thought it was unnecessary. But eventually, she did tell them, they had given birth to her after all. They had given her looks of disapproval once they learnt she was pregnant, slightly demeaning her for her lack of etiquette. But she couldn't be bothered, she was happy and nobody could take her happiness away. She was married to the man she loved; he was everything she could ask for.

 

Yixing's father on the other hand, was delighted to learn the news. Yixing was still bitter about his father, but on Hana's insistence, he had agreed to reconcile with him. Hana was glad he did, his step-mother seemed to be quite lovely, and they couldn't wait to see their grand-child.

 

Baekhyun had flipped out initially when he learnt about Hana's pregnancy; he wanted to split Yixing into half for getting his 'baby-girl' knocked up. Soojung had to calm him down until he finally agreed to acknowledge the fact and pestered the couple to make him the child's Godfather. He had even accompanied Hana to buy baby items for the future when Yixing was busy at the hospital. In fact, there were times when he got more excited than the to-be mother herself. He’d end up buying more things than they ever needed, but would shrug stating that they’d have needed it, whenever Hana scolded him. However, he had no plans to have kids with his own wife in the near future. He simply believed that fatherhood would age him faster.

 

Yixing stopped at one of the cages, the furry little fellow inside kept glancing at him, holding the rods with one of his paws. Yixing smiled as soon as he saw the little creature; he was a little obese and extremely fluffy. He knew Hana liked fat furry animals; she was probably going to cuddle him to death. He would certainly take this one, she would love it.

                                                                                                    

   ****

 

Hana was pacing around in the apartment not knowing what to do. Yixing had insisted that she took a few months off before she joined work, with her being pregnant and all that stuff. He had been extra careful around her after the accident; according to him, her going to work could also be hazardous. Hana had rolled her eyes at his choice of words; he had been treating her like a fragile porcelain doll, but agreed anyway not wanting to disappoint him.

She remembered how miserable he had been when she had her accident, she didn't want Yixing to be like that anymore, and she didn't want him to be worried about her constantly. So, here she was, stuck in the apartment while Yixing was in the hospital working.

 

She finally decided to clean their place, it would at least pass some time, she thought. Their apartment had been big enough for them, the both of them, the baby and Pepper. Yixing had gifted her an extremely adorable furry creature whom she had named Pepper because of his black fur. He seemed to be growing at an alarming rate; he already reached above Hana's knees. She fed him a lot of food for he loved to eat. And at any given chance, she’d practically squish him to death; he was simply adorable, fat and fluffy.

 

Whenever he sensed Hana approaching him, he would run away, not wanting to be cuddled to death by the 'crazy lady'. So today when Hana was just sitting on the floor, not moving, he ran towards her to check on her. Sure, Yixing was his favorite but the crazy lady was nice too, she fed him a lot of food after all. He wagged his tail settling down next to Hana, who was looking into a photo frame, which she found while cleaning, intently. He whimpered slightly as he laid his head on Hana's lap, she looked sad and he didn't like it.

Hana ran her fingers through his fur as he wagged his tail.

 

"Hey, boy," she sighed.

 

The frame she held was a photograph of Yixing and Lina, the one she had found the first time she came to his apartment. She always wondered ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter