Eleven.

The Single Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven.

 

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

 

..

 

Hana realized how incredibly stupid it had been of her to tell Baekhyun that she had a date for the wedding, when she actually had none. What was she supposed to do now? Hire a date? She remembered a movie she had watched a while back, where the girl had hired a person to be her date. Nah that would probably work only in movies.

 

She was loitering in the locker room, to see if she could just convince somebody to be her date. Her eyes lit up as she saw the familiar owl-eyed guy, who was busy stacking things in his locker. She put on her sweetest look as she walked towards him.

"Kyungsoo-ah," she called him, beaming happily, making the guy puzzled as to what she had wanted from him.

 

"What do you want, Hana?" he asked eyeing the girl suspiciously; his already-large eyes getting huger if that was possible. He knew Hana fairly well now to know that she wouldn't be exceptionally sweet unless she wanted something from him. He had grown used to her, he had learnt a couple of things about her- her quirks. He had witnessed how Hana didn't really make an attempt , or a voluntary effort to make new accquaintances. If they approached her first, she spoke back. He was glad he did, Hana had become a good friend of his, and they both seemed to share the same love for food, and dining out. He could always count on her to ditch the hospital cafeteria once in a while and gorge on something more sumptous.

 

"Why would you think I wanted something?" she asked, pretending to be offended, but soon realized that it was no use. Kyungsoo was already on to her. "Ughh, fine. I want you to be my date for my friend's wedding. I kind of made a declaration I'd show up with one." She crossed her arms and huffed, annoyed with herself for being so stupid. 

 

"Is that it? Sure," Kyungsoo replied, laughing slightly at her stubborn attitude. He really didn't mind accompanying the girl, she was quite fun to be around. Besides, he secretly loved going to weddings, they always seemed to have such exquisite treats at the banquet. He hoped they would have dessert bar, that would be rather nice. 

 

"Really? You'd be my date?" she asked him excitedly; she didn't have to worry anymore. 'Ha, in your face, Baekhyun.' she mentally jeered.

 

"Yeah why not?" Kyungsoo shrugged. "When's the wedding anyway?" 

 

"In a month."

 

"Oh."

 

"What? What is it?" She didn't like the tone of his voice; he couldn't back out now, he had already promised. There must be a law against people backing out when they had already given their word. Kyungsoo was her only hope, she couldn't really think of anyone else who'd agree to be her date. She didn't really have any more friends she could ask. And the ones she did know already had girlfriends. She was the only single girl, remember?

 

"I had a vacation planned with my family," he muttered in a small voice; scratching the back of his neck, slightly scared as to how Hana would react. He definitely didn't wish to witness her wrath. Hana got angry quite easily, he had noticed, but thankfully he'd never been at the receiving end of it. But now, he wasn't certain. 

 

"But you promised." Hana started fake wailing.

 

"I'm sorry, Han, you know I'd have helped you if I could," he spoke earnestly. 

 

"It's fine," she groaned.

 

She sulked as she went back to loitering in the locker room, completely unaware of the other person in the room who had heard their conversation.

 

Yixing chuckled silently as he watched the girl sulk. He walked towards her, from behind, quite discreetly. The girl was too pre-occupied with her thoughts to notice him. He gripped her wrist immediately, and cornered her towards the wall, while she, startled by his sudden presence, yelped a little.

"Dr. Zhang, what are you doing?" she shrieked, gulping nervously.

 

Yixing just inched closer to her, without uttering a word. She was certain she could hear him breathing now. Did he have to stand so close? And now her body was back to being a pliable dough again. She wondered if he secretly knew how she felt, and did it on purpose to get her frenzied.

 

'Please don't let him come any closer' she prayed silently. 

 

'Damn it, I can smell his cologne now'

 

Hana squirmed as he held her tightly. "You know this can be c-counted as s-ual harassment?" she stuttered.

 

"It's not harassment if you enjoy it, love," he quipped, closing the gap between them as he inched nearer. "So... I heard you needed a date." The corners of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter