Chapter 2

Trust Me Your Heart

            The moment Kyungsoo stepped in the restaurant, almost half of the customers were looking at him. But he didn’t even look at them.

            He wasn’t in his usual garb of jeans and shirt. Tonight, he was wearing a white dress shirt with the first two buttons ed topped with a black blazer and black pants. His hair is styled up. Maybe he’s not the type of person who likes going out and partying but he knows a thing or two about dressing up.

            He finally saw Kai. If some of the customers are looking at him, Kai doesn’t even throw him a glance. Kyungsoo doesn’t know if he’ll be happy or annoyed. Happy because his attention is just focused on his date and annoyed because he doesn’t even look away from his date. Well, not that he wamted him to look at his direction–

            Stop it, Kyungsoo. You’re already forgetting the real reason why you are here.

             He walked towards their direction. Kai was the first one to notice him. And Kyungsoo wants to smack Kai’s head when he saw him looking intently at him. He already warned him that he’ll be wearing the same outfit but Kai is still surprised.

            “Good evening.” Kyungsoo greeted formally, like their usual drama.

            Kai’s chair made a noise when he abruptly stood up. If they are not just pretending, Kyungsoo might think that Kai’s really surprised when he saw him. But that’s how he always acts anyway, when he enters the scene, like he really regretted “cheating” on Kyungsoo. But Kai looked like was only acting.

            “K-Kyungsoo… you look…”

            “Thank you.” Why is their conversation different from their usual dialogue? “Fancy meeting you here, Kai. You’re with someone? Who is she? A client?”

            “Uh…” Kai just couldn’t seem to stop looking at Kyungsoo. He can’t seem to say his memorized line.

            What the heck is wrong with you, Kai? Don’t tell me your conscience is bothering you now?

            But when Kyungsoo looked at the woman who was now dabbing a tissue on her cheek, he realized what was keeping him distracted. The woman was crying. He wants to kick Kai. What did he tell to the woman that made her cry like that? Good thing that she can still face them.

            The woman had pride. And Kyungsoo admired her for that.

            “I’m sorry.” She said. “I’m just talking about something with your… fiancé. But we’re already done so I’ll go now. It looks like you two have a date… And I don’t want to disturb you. Good night.”

            While Kyungsoo is still looking at her while she’s making her way out of the restaurant, he can’t help but to pity her. It’s the usual scene when they are acting out for Kai to get away from his women. He always see them getting hurt. And that is because of Kai’s selfishness and Kyungsoo’s tolerating of Kai’s escapades.

            “Kai.”

            “Kyungsoo?”

            “This is the last time that I will be doing this.” Then he went out.

            He walked towards the taxis’ parking area. Kai went after him.

            “Kyungsoo, wait.” He stopped to face Kai. “Let’s talk about this first.”

            “No, there’s nothing to talk about. You’re distracted when you saw that woman cry. Me too. Finally my conscience gets the best of me. I’ve been an awful person because I help playboys like you wander around. So, I’m done.”

            Kai held his arm. Kyungsoo can do nothing but stop and look at him. Once again he noticed he was looking at him quite differently. He tugged his arm back and wore his eyeglasses that were tucked in his pocket.

            Kai blinked, as if he just gotten out of his dreams. Kyungsoo’s right. Kai is just overwhelmed because he wasn’t able to see Kyungsoo dress up for a while. He slapped Kai’s forehead.

            “When will you stop playing around, Kai? You’re not a kid anymore. You’re also smart so I know that you’re aware that you’re hurting the people that came into your life.”

            Kai caresses his forehead. “The people that I date have the same intentions as mine. To find the right person for us. When you still don’t find them, you keep on dating to continue for searching. Am I right?

            “Right person? There is no such thing as a right person, Jongin. There’s not even left one for God’s sake.”

            “You’re corny–ouch!” Kyungsoo slapped him Kai in the arm. He just laughed and pulled Kyungsoo towards him. He didn’t try to escape because he knows that Kai won’t let him go. “I’m sorry if I’m hurting people but like what I’ve said, all of the single people have that kind of mentality when they chose to date someone. When they entered this relationship, they knew that they will be hurt. And I already accepted it. They already accepted it.”

            “I don’t.”

            “I know. That’s why I like you. You’re too innocent.”

            “Are you insulting me?”

            “I’m just stating a fact. You saw Hyerin cry. And I understand how you feel. I was a bit shaken, but that’s how it works. In your quest to find the right person for you, you can’t really avoid to hurt someone. That’s natural. So you don’t have to withdraw from our contract.”

            In its twisted way, he had a point. But Kyungsoo already made his decision. “No matter what reason you have, I don’t want to see someone cry because of you anymore.”    

            “Hey, hey! This is the first time that someone cried because of me.” Kai scratched his head. “It wasn’t my intention to make her cry either. It’s not in my royal blood to make someone cry.”

            “It’s still your fault because you’re the reason of Hyejin’s tears.”

            “It’s Hyerin.”

            “Whatever! Now, can you please remove your arm from my shoulders?”

            “It looks like you’re really pissed off.” Kai sighed and held his hand and pulled him back to the restaurant. “Come on. I’ll treat you to dinner.”

            “You can’t change my mind, Kai.”

            “I heard their grilled sea bass here is so delicious because that’s their specialty here.” Kai turned to him and winked. “It’s your favorite, right?”

            “You’re the devil incarnate, Kim Jongin.”

            “Devil? Hmm. I can accept that. I’m sick of being an angel everytime. It’s time for a change.”

           

-----------------------------

 

            “What are you going to do tomorrow, Kyungsoo?”

            “I have taekwondo lessons.”

            “You’re taking taekwondo lessons? Since when?”

            “Since college. When you started going out with one of my instructors.”

            “Who?”

            “Never mind.” This guy is really a playboy.

            Kyungsoo wouldn’t be surprised if he learns that Kai is a victim of assassination. But no one would dare to touch a Kim, especially the only heir to one of the biggest financial corporations of the country. And Kai also knows how to manipulate all of his assets so that no one will dare touch him. Especially now that he is one of the members of the most exclusive riding club in the country, which has the most prominent people of this country as members.

            Kai had surrounded himself with everything he needed, which unfortunately, also made him a spoiled person who could get away with anything, especially, with women and men. Because there is always someone who saves him. Which is Kyungsoo. And he wanted out.

            Kai picked up the one and only flower in the vase that decorated their table. Kyungsoo stopped eating when Kai held his hand and gave him a look that anyone would envy.

            “Have I told you already that you are so handsome, Kyungsoo?”   

            “Yes.” Kyungsoo answered lazily.

            “But I still think that you are more handsome when you’re just yourself.” He dramatically offered him the flower. “Like now.”

            “Kai.”

            “Yes?”

            “How many times do I have to tell you that it’s not effective?”

            Kai just smiled. The jerk was really cute. “I know. But I like praising you. Maybe my handsomeness would melt that icy heart of yours.”

            Kai just gasped when he kicked his leg under the table. Then he smiled sarcastically at Kai. Kai smacked his own chest. “I’m the king of the world! I made Do Kyungsoo smile! I can die in peace now.”

            “That’s a good idea.”

            “On the second thought, maybe next time.” Kai placed his chin on his hand and leaned on the table. “I want to see your smile again–ouch!”

            Kyungsoo kicked him again before he resumed eating. But he just had a mouthful of his food when he noticed that Kai is staring at him again.

            “What’s your problem this time?”     

            “You really like fish, do you? Good thing you don’t grow gills from eating too much fish.” Kai used his own chopsticks to separate the fishbone from the fish, and then he placed it on his plate. “Let’s just continue like this, Soo. What will happen to me if you will be gone from my life? I’m used to having you with me, you know?”

            Kyungsoo stared at him. What the heck was he talking about? And why was it that his own words suddenly seemed to touch his heart? Is Kai using another tactic on him to seduce him and get what he wants? Yes, that must be it. He’s seducing him to get what he wants from him. And that is to be his savior to his dates. But he won’t let Kai manipulate him. He had enough.

            On the other hand, he also couldn’t help but wonder why he somehow felt warm when he learned that Kai didn’t want to lose him. Kyungsoo resumed his eating. When he spoke again, his voice is gentle.

            “We’ve been together for almost ten years, Kai. Are you not sick of it yet?”

            “No. I won’t get sick of you ever. Because you’re the apple of my eye, mango of my pie, clouds of my sky…” Kai noticed that he’s glaring at him so he sat properly. “And! You are my savior. What will happen to me if you are gone?”

            Kyungsoo crushed the head of the fish that he’s eating. Why did he believe that Kai will change? He only wanted him because he needed him to dodge off his women.

            “If you want to be out of trouble, stop flirting and acting cute with everyone.” Kyungsoo said through gritted teeth. “You’re old. Acting cute doesn’t suit you.”

            “That suits me. In fact, all of the person that I’ve dated calls me ‘cute’. I’m handsome and I can’t really ignore them. You know that. I got a soft spot for someone who falls in love with me.”

            “You just thought they’re in love with you. You’re imagination is really wild. You think that everyone has a crush on you. But if you don’t approach them first, they won’t chase you like a love struck puppy.”

            “That’s not true. They will chase me even if I don’t approach them. I’m simply irresistible.”         

            “You’re simply an idiot.” Kyungsoo doesn’t have an idea when his mood becomes grumpy. “Until you won’t stop being a playboy, you won’t be in peace. I’m tired of getting you off the hook everytime. I’ve had enough.”

            “What should I do to make you stay?”

            “First of all, we’re not together so there’s no reason for me to stay at all. And second, you can’t do anything to change my mind. You know me, Kai. If I say it, I’ll really do it.”

            “What if someone forced me into marriage?”

            “Then marry them.”

            “You’re a devil incarnate. I’m not going to marry anyone.”

            With that kind of tone, Kyungsoo is convinced that Kai won’t consider marriage, ever. He’s really selfish. But he can’t just blame him for being a playboy. The stupid people who pushes themselves into Kai is the one that should be blamed.

            “I don’t know.” He said without looking at Kai. “You’ll old enough to take care of yourself.”

            “Kyungsoo.”

            “Yeah?”

            “You’re really handsome.”

            Kyungsoo stopped eating and looked at Kai. He noticed his sudden sadness, which was very unusual for him. Especially when he saw Kai smiling at him, but his smile is not reaching his eyes. That even with that smile on his face, he seemed altogether… sad.

 

-----------------------------

Hi everyone! In case you're wondering what exclusive club I am talking about, you can read this. So lemme just give you a brief background of the riding club where Kai is a member of. So, this club is owned by the great Siwon. And other Exo members and SM artists are the members of this club. So, in Krisyeol's story, I already introduced Minseok, Sehun, Kris, Henry, Taemin, Heechul, Onew, Key and Kyuhyun as the members of the club. So in the near future, I will introduce more members. :) Thank you for the reads, comments and subscription. I'll just proofread and edit this tomorrow because I'm soooo sleepy. Kamsahamnida and mianhe for the long author's note. Paalam! :D