Chapter 7

Trust Me Your Heart

            “I’m used of the fact that I’m the only man in your life so I can’t help but be jealous when there’s other guy that gets close to you.”

            Kyungsoo almost stabbed Kai with a fork. His heart beat wildly when he thought that Kai is jealous because Kai felt something special for him. He’s wrong.

            “You’re not the only man in my life.”

            “Yeah, well, that was different. Your relationships with your previous boyfriends don’t last long. I don’t consider them as a part of your life. I know that I have a big part in your life.”

            This jerk is really arrogant! He has a right to be arrogant, anyway. His past relationships don’t last longer than a month. It was not that he didn’t like any of them. It was just that he didn’t feel anything for them.

            And he already had Kai in his life then.

            “If you’re not jealous, why are you preventing Junmyeon to be close to me?”

            “You know my answer to that. I don’t want him for you.”

            “How about Heechul and Kyuhyun?”

            “I don’t trust those two. They are not as playboy as the other members, there’s a possibility that they will use you to manipulate other people.”

            “And Jonghyun, Key and Minho?”

            “Simple. I don’t like them.”

            “And when will be the day that you will be able to like the man that I choose to love?” Kai is lost for words. “You better get used to it, Kai. I’m not your son. You can’t stop me if there’s a man that I will choose to love and let him be a part of my life.”

            “Kyungsoo…”

            “I’m not getting any younger. Sooner or later, we both know that the man that I deserve will show up. And when that time comes, I don’t want you to meddle with us, Kai.”

            “What if… what if I learned that he has a bad background? What if he’s a ? Or a psycho? I won’t let anything bad happen to you, Soo. So you can’t stop me from protecting you.”

            “Until now you’re underestimating my ability to protect myself, Kai?”

            “Let us not fight, Soo.”

            “I’m not fighting with you. I have many things to say.”

            Kai poured water on his glass. “Sorry.”

            “Do you know what your mistake is?” Kai doesn’t answer. “You made me look stupid in front of your friends, Kai. You made fun of my ability in martial arts.”

            “I’m sorry.”

            Kyungsoo just sighed. “You’re always like that. You’re apologizing without even knowing what your mistakes are so it’s like your apologies are useless.”

            “Sorry. I don’t really know what I did wrong. All I know is that I did something wrong. So I apologize.”

            “But why are you not apologizing when we are fighting about the men that tries to get close to me?”

            “I don’t think they were good enough for you.” Kai just looked at his plate. “You deserve someone better.”

            “Someone who’s not like you. Is that it?”

            It took a while before Kai answered. “Yeah.”

            Kyungsoo wants to laugh. Will you look at that? Kai says that he doesn’t deserve someone that has the same reputation as him. And here he is, loving Kai.

            Life is really funny sometimes.

            “What if I chose to love you?” Kyungsoo asked. “What will you do?”

            Kai dropped the spoon that he is holding and made a noise that breaks the silence in the kitchen. Kyungsoo’s gaze followed how the spoon drop on the tiled floor. When he looks up, he saw Kai looking intently at him.

            Kyungsoo’s heart is still beating wildly. He thinks that it will never change. Unless he’ll have amnesia and he will forget the man that he loves. But even then, he knew his heart could still recognize the man he had loved. He just let his heart beat for Kai. Maybe he’ll say his feelings for him when he stops hoping that Kai will love him if he learns about his real feelings. Because until now, he can’t stop hoping that Kai has feelings for him too.

            “Well?”

            “That’s not a good joke, Kyungsoo.”

            “It was just a simple question. Where is the joke in that?”

            Instead of answering, Kai just looked at his wristwatch. “I will be having a game with Kris and the others at the dressage arena. I have to go now. If I arrived late, they will laugh at me.”

            “You really are jealous, aren’t you, Jongin?”

            “No.”

            Kyungsoo just looked at Kai when he went out of the kitchen and went to his room to change to his riding uniform. He just sighed.

            “I don’t want to hope for something that won’t happen, Kai.” He whispered to himself. “But it feels so good to dream that you have feelings for me too.”

 

-----------------------------

 

            Kyungsoo can clearly see how Kai competes with the other members to win the horse race. The game is neck to neck and based on the situation in the racetrack, it’s difficult to see who will win.

            “You can do it, Kai.” He whispered. “Come on.”

            “If you’re cheering for someone, you better cheer out loud. So that he’ll do his best.”

            Before he knew it, Kyuhyun and Heechul is beside him.

            “Hmm. This place is not good. The riders in the arena won’t see you.”

            “They don’t need to see me.” Kyungsoo said.

            “Of course, they do. You are their inspiration to win that game.” Heechul winked at him. “You are the prize, Kyungsoo. A date with you, I mean.”

            “What?”

            “Well, Kris is not included. I mean, he’s already married to Chanyeol. And they’re a lovely couple so yeah. Anyway, there’s Kai, Junmyeon, Key, Jonghyun and Minho.” Kyuhyun said.        

            “But I guess ‘Daddy Kai’ won’t let anyone date his precious ‘son.’”

            Kyungsoo doesn’t have an idea what these two men are talking about. All he knew was that these two were crazy. How on earth did he get involved in that game?

            “Junmyeon’s winning.”

            “Nah. Daddy Kai won’t let himself lose.” Kyuhyun noticed that Kyungsoo is looking at him. “Can we do something for you, Kyungsoo?”

            “I don’t like you two.”

            “Too bad.” The two smiled. “We like you.”

            “I’m bored. Let’s join the game, Kyuhyun?”

            “Okay, Kyungsoo, do you want to go to the sidetrack so you can clearly watch our game?”

            Kyungsoo went near the two men and grabbed the collars of their uniforms even of he's shorter than these two. “Don’t you dare hurt Kai if you don’t want me to hurt you. I can break your bones, you know?”

            “Why would we hurt Kai?”

            “We’re nice, Kyungsoo. You can ask our co members if you want.” Heechul turned to the arena. “Oh, hey! Kai’s looking this way. Let’s wave at him.”

            Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and raised it. Kyungsoo can clearly see how Kai is outpaced by the other horse racers when Kai looked at them.

            “Oops! Daddy Kai lost.”

            Kyungsoo wants to comfort Kai because he knew that Kai is upset because of his loss. But his mind changed when two women approached him from the side track. He really feels the gnawing feeling in his chest. He was jealous as hell!

            He slapped Kyuhyun and Heechul’s arm. “Stay away from me!”

             

-----------------------------

 

            Kyungsoo froze when he saw Kai standing near the entrance of his house. He is so handsome wearing a white shirt, denim jacket and jeans. He looks like a Western cowboy and it really suits him. But he can’t really be happy. Because he has a date according to Junmyeon, who also set a date for both of them because he won the horse race earlier. Because of so much jealousy when he saw two women approached Kai, he eventually agreed to have a date on the winner of the race.

            Kai turned to him when he felt his presence. Kai looked at him as if he was studying his every feature. Kyungsoo is wearing simple jeans and t-shirt because he doesn’t brought any formal clothes because he wasn’t expecting that he will be having a date with any of the members. But the way Kai looked at him now, it was the same as when he looked at him whenever he showed up all dressed up to pull him away from his dates.

            If we only have the same reason why are you looking at me like that, Kai…

            “Come with me.” Kai said. “I’m going to the clubhouse too. You have your date with Junmyeon there, right?”

            “No, thank you. Junmyeon will fetch me so I’ll just wait for him here.”

            Kai’s eyebrows furrowed. “Junmyeon’s notorious for his tardiness. And I don’t have any plans on leaving you alone here. Let’s go, Soo.”

            Kai went out first. Based on Kai’s expression, he doesn’t have any choice but to follow him. When he went out, he saw Kai caressing the head of a gray horse.

            “We’re riding my Trakehner Kitty.”

            “Kitty?”

            Kai looked at him. “She used to play with kittens when she was a filly. So I named her ‘Kitty’.” Kai ride his horse and extended his arm to help him get up. “Put your right foot on the stirrup then swing your other leg over Kitty’s back as I pull you up.”

            Kyungsoo was dumbfounded for a while when he reached out for Kai’s hand. And Kai also reacted the same because he stared at Kyungsoo for a few seconds before moving.

            “Move, Kyungsoo.”

            And he did. It feels so good when his feet lift up from the ground. Kai made it look like he’d been riding horses for years when the truth was, this was his first time to ride horses. Kyungsoo is seated behind Kai and when he felt nervous, he quickly holds on to Kai’s body.

            “Easy, Kyungsoo.” He hears Kai said. “Or I’ll die of suffocation before we even leave this place.”

            “Sorry.” When Kyungsoo tried to remove his arms to Kai’s body, the horse moved so Kai quickly clinged again to Kai.

            “Stay put or you’ll fall under Kitty’s first step.”

            “What if I punch you? Why didn’t you tell me that before pulling me up here?”

            “You didn’t ask.”

            “So it’s my fault now?”

            “Yes. Because if you didn’t agree on dating Junmyeon, you will not suffer like this.”

            “So, you’re the one that’s making me suffer, right?” He slapped Kai’s shoulder. “Put me down. I’ll just wait for Junmyeon here.”

            The horse moved again so he holds Kai. “I told you to stay put!”

            “Tell that to your horse!”

            “Horses are sensitive to what their riders are feeling so she’s just reacting to what you feel.”

            “Why me?”

            “You’re the stubborn one here.”

            “I’m not stubborn–” Kyungsoo almost shrieked and tightened his hold on Kai when the horse moved for the nth time. “Okay, fine. I’m behaving. Let’s just go so that I can go down.”

            “Just don’t hug me too tight.”

            But based on Kai’s tone, he’s not complaining. In fact, he even seemed to be enjoying everything.

            “Kai.”

            “Yeah?”

            “I’m really going to punch you if you’re fooling me.”

            Kai laughed. And Kyungsoo secretly smiled. For the first time, they are in harmony since they have arrived in Exo Riding Club. And it felt so good to have his old Jongin back. Kyungsoo is able to relax when Kai made his horse run.

            Life couldn’t get any better than this.

 

-----------------------------

Lmao. Kyuhyun and Heechul are so evil. Kris and Chanyeol in the house!!! Anyway, we're down to the last three chapters of this story. But don't worry, many exciting things will happen. :) Thank you so much for the upvotes, subscriptions and comments. I really appreciate it. :D