Chapter 6

Trust Me Your Heart

            Kyungsoo is currently walking around the grand Exo Riding Club. Kai left him in  a restaurant for a while to change into his uniform. Kyungsoo can’t resist the urge to walk around. He needed to explore the place. And he was not disappointed.

            He thought that Kai is just full of arrogance when he’s telling him things about the riding club. He talks about the exclusive riding club in Incheon with pride. And since he and Kai arrived, Kyungsoo is really amazed with the place. It was just so amazing how anyone could mesh nature and wealth so perfectly and still looked… natural.

            The club is situated in a high place. Exo Riding Club was like a dream place come true, in the middle of nowhere.

            And for a person like him who came from an ordinary family, the place is truly amazing. And he wasn’t surprised about the members of the club. He could only wonder about its membership fee.

            “Kyungsoo. You’re here.”

            Kyungsoo saw Junmyeon walking towards him with two other guys. The three wore the same uniform as the other club members did. Oh yes, Kai did mention to him that he is co members with Junmyeon.

            “Are you with Kai?” Junmyeon asks the moment he’s in front of Kyungsoo. “He brings you here for the first time yet he leaves you alone. He’s really crazy.”

            “Yeah, he’s been like that for a long time.”

            One of the two guys grinned. The other one just smiled.

            “It’s okay, Junmyeon.” The smiling guy said. “It’s better if someone as good-looking as him is wandering around.”

            “He’s right.” The other guy said.

            “Oh, before I forget. Kyungsoo, these are Heechul and Kyuhyun. Guys, this is Do Kyungsoo, 22 years old from Gyeonggi Province.”

            “How did you know that?”

            “Kai told me that when he warned me not to get close to you.”

            “What?”

            Heechul whistled. “I can smell trouble. Nice.”

            Kyungsoo ignored Heechul’s remark. He turned to Junmyeon. “Kai warned you not to get close to me? Why?”

            “I don’t know. Maybe he’s jealous.”

            Kyungsoo became silent. His heart started beating like crazy. Since he “sort of” admitted to himself that he has feelings for Kai, his heart is always going crazy when Kai’s name is mentioned.

            “Who’s jealous?” Three other guys joined them.

            “Is there someone that will be following Kris’ steps and getting married?”

            “That’s great. So we will be having fewer competitors on who’s the most handsome man here.”

            “Jonghyun, Key, Minho.” Junmyeon introduced. “You three, this is Kyungsoo.”

            “Kai’s boy.” Kyuhyun said.

            “Again?” Key clicked his tongue. “I’m the best rider here. And the most handsome. But why am I always bypassed by good-looking people? Come on!”

            “I also noticed that.” Minho said. “I’m the nicest person here.”

            “Same here.” Jonghyun said. “But then again, we’re talking about Kai here, the ultimate pheromone machine.”

            Kyungsoo can’t help but smile at the same description that he gave to Kai. The men suddenly looked at him. He doesn’t stop smiling until he’s contented. Then he cleared his throat. “Okay, please continue.”

            If the other guys are still quiet, Kyuhyun and Heechul matched his grin.

            “Are you aware of how handsome you are when you smile, Kyungsoo?”

            “No wonder Kai keeps you away from Junmyeon.”

            “If I were Kai, I’ll keep you to myself.”

            “If I were Kai, I’ll marry you. I’ve never seen a man who could make us, mere mortals, stop and just watch you smile.”

            Kyungsoo remembered what Kai has said to him before. How he thought of bringing a camera around so he can capture his rare smile. Again, he can’t help but smile.

            “Too bad.” Junmyeon said. “Kai get into you first.”

            The other guys shook their heads. But Kyuhyun and Heechul were bolder, though, as they took both Kyungsoo’s hands.

            “Where did Kai ever found someone like you, Kyungsoo?”

            “In Mars.” Kai answered, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. And he looked adoringly handsome now that he was in his riding uniform. His clothes really suit him. “So if you want to find someone like Kyungsoo, just go to Mars right now.” Kai grabbed his hands from Heechul and Kyuhyun. “Okay, you can fly now.”

            “You just want us to leave you alone.” Minho said. “You’re mean, Kai. Does he have any siblings?”

            “None.” Kai answered grumpily. “He’s unique in this world. In Mars, there are others like him. So you better leave now if you don’t want to run out of someone like him.”

            “You’re so corny, man.”

            “You’re just envious.” Then Kai gave them a very proud smile. “Leave Kyungsoo alone. I’m not allowing you to come near him. I don’t want germs to touch even the tip of his fingers. Understand?”

            “Is Kyungsoo your boyfriend?”

            “Nope.” Junmyeon answered. “I dated Kyungsoo three days ago so I’m pretty sure they’re not together.”

            Kai disappeared from his sight when the guys swarmed into him. They are all asking him for a date. But his attention is not with these men. He’s waiting for Kai to pull him away from these guys and show the possessiveness that he showed earlier. But Kai didn’t do anything. He just stayed behind him and watched him silently. He suddenly becomes pissed to Kai.

            You’re really arrogant about keeping me away from them, what now? Are you toying with me, Kai? He accepted all of their offers to spite him.

            “It’s just a date, right? So, sure. Why not?”

            “Kai, is it okay with you?” Key asked. “Anyway, we’ll gonna take care of him.”

            “He’s right.” Minho said. “We’re all nice.”

            “Why are you asking for Kai’s opinion?” Kyungsoo asked them. “I told you earlier, right? I’m not his boyfriend.”

            “He’s right.” Kai said finally. “Why are you asking for my opinion? Did you know that my opinions are expensive? It is more expensive than platinum.”

            Kyungsoo got the same reaction as the boys around him. What the heck was he trying to say?

            “Anyway, you don’t need my opinion about dating Kyungsoo.” Kai continued. “He’s a grown man, he can take care of himself if you decided to mess with him. Let me remind you that he has a black belt degree in taekwondo and judo. So you better be careful because he can easily break your bones. Wait, do you all have life insurance? You will be needing it anytime.”

            Kyungsoo felt offended with Kai’s words.

            “What if I break your bones first, Kai?” He angrily asked. “I thought you were proud of that ability of mine. But no, because you are making fun of me. In front of your friends. What did I ever do to you?”

            Kai is dumbfounded. He wants to say something but Junmyeon speaks first.

            “I like someone who can break a guy’s bone. Would you go out with me tonight, Kyungsoo?”

            “Yes.”

 

            -----------------------------

 

            “I want to eat.” Kyungsoo waited for Kai to look at him from the sofa that he’s sitting on while he’s reading a magazine.

            When they arrived at Kai’s house in Woodridge Mansions, one of the communities that is surrounding the club, he locked himself up to a room that Kai gave to Kyungsoo. He’s still mad at Kai because of what he said to his friends earlier.

            His anger is gone for a while when he saw the view from the window of his room. He can see the view of the beautiful Yellow Sea below. Plus the air is fresh and the place is surrounded by trees and plants. He plans on sleeping so that he can rest when he felt that his stomach growled.

            So he’s left with no choice but to go outside and talk to Kai. Which as of this moment is still not apologizing to him. His anger doubled. It’s like it’s Kyungsoo’s fault that they are in that situation.

            “There’s a list of restaurants here in the club beside the telephone.” Kai said, still not looking at Kyungsoo. “Just order to them.”

            “I don’t want to eat preorder foods.” Kyungsoo just walked to Kai’s kitchen. “I’m going to cook my own food.”

            He’s still pissed while looking for something to cook. He saw some stocked goods in the cabinet. He gets two canned goods. It’s not true that he can’t eat food that he doesn’t cook. He just wants to piss Kai off so that he can get back at him.

            “Shouldn’t you be preparing for your date tonight?”

            He turned to Kai while holding to a pan and pot. “Shouldn’t you be reading your magazine outside?”

            “This is my house. I can read anywhere I want.”

            He violently put down the pan and the pot. “Kai, I’m tired and I’m hungry. If you don’t want me to be here, just bring me back to Seoul. I think I can rest more there. Not like this, it seems that you’re forced to bring me here in your house.”

            Kai’s expression suddenly changes. Then he suddenly chucked the magazine to the nearest chair. He gets the apron that is hanged beside the refrigerator and he put it on Kyungsoo.

            “Your clothes will get dirty if you don’t use an apron.” Kai’s mood changed. “What do you want to eat? I’ll cook it for you.”

            Because he’s still pissed at Kai, he can’t adjust himself to Kai’s sudden mood change. And the way how he’s near Kyungsoo. So he just turned his attention to the apron so he can hide his feelings.

            “Whose apron is this?”

            “It’s mine.” Kai tied the apron on his back. “If I have a free time and I’m here in my house, I cook my own food.”

            “You cook?”

            “Yes, you didn’t know that, did you?” He proudly pointed at what is written on his apron. “I’m the best cook in the world. What do you want to eat?”

            There’s no denying for his feelings for Kai now. He was indeed in love with him. No “sort of”. This cute playboy was able to capture his heart without him noticing. That’s so unfair.

            “I’ll cook my own food.” Kyungsoo said and continued his work. “You cook your own.”

            “I’m good at cooking. It is one of my best assets.”

            “I know. Because you use that to seduce men and women.”

            “Maybe. But this is the first time that I cook for someone at my own house.”

            Kyungsoo scold himself to not listen to Kai’s words. But then again, it was too late for that now, wasn’t it? He already loves him.

            “Okay. But I still cook my own food.”

            “Fine. Go ahead.”

            So what happens is they both cook their own food at the same time. Kyungsoo doesn’t know what’s happening to the food that he is cooking because he’s minding Kai’s presence more than his food. And he is distracted because of his newfound feelings to Kai. And what was frustrating was the way he always bumped into Kyungsoo with his every turn.

            Kyungsoo tries to convince himself that Kai does it in purpose because when he looks at Kai to scold him, he just smiles at him. And Kai’s smiles are making him quiet.

            In the end, his instant ramyun became overcooked and the ham and egg became burnt. And it’s because of Kai. Kai, on the other hand, his food looks delicious even if he doesn’t know what he cooked.

            “You want some?” Kai offered. He had a spoon filled with pieces of fish and rice. “Fish is your favorite, right? Come on.”

            He couldn’t resist. He nodded when he tasted Kai’s dish. Then Kai put some on his plate. Finally, he gets to eat a decent food.

            “There’s no other member in Exo Riding Club that can defeat me in cooking.” Kai said proudly. “Except for Zhoumi, `cause he’s a certified chef. Plus he’s already engaged so he’s out of the competition.”

            “Competition? For what?”

            “It’s a secret.” Kai reached out to him and brushed something away from the side of his mouth.

            Kyungsoo is dumbfounded for a second. But after a while, he just let him. It was a sweet gesture he knew Kai always showed to his dates. Before, he was annoyed when he thinks of how Kai seduces women and men, but now, he is not. Well, slightly annoyed, yes. Because he finally understands why he is always annoyed with Kai.

            He is jealous of Kai’s moments with his dates.

            No wonder it took him years before he discovered he had this kind of feelings for Kai. Because he wasn’t able to experience to be pampered by Kai. If not, maybe Kyungsoo had fallen hard for him since they were in high school. And he just realized why Kai’s exes don’t hold any grudge on him when their relationship ends. Kai must have been really good to them, enough for them to forget he was parting with them.

            They are really lucky.

            “We should do this more often.” Kai said. “You know, bonding.”

            “We can really do this.” Kyungsoo turned to his food, afraid that Kai might see his feelings at the moment. “You were the ne that is always busy with your dates.”

            “I thought you don’t want to see me every minute. If I learned about that earlier, I’ll always be with you.”

            “You won’t miss them?” Kyungsoo bravely asked.

            “How will I miss them when you’re always here? Hmm… are you jealous of them, Soo?”

            “No.” He denied. No matter how much he felt for Kai, there’s no way he would let him know about his feelings for him. “How about you, are you jealous of Junmyeon?”

            “Yes.”

 

-----------------------------

Yehet! More club members introduced aka SM artists. :) Thank you so much for the comments, subscriptions and upvotes! Saranghaeyo!!! 💕