Chapter 10

Trust Me Your Heart

The last chapter!!! Thank you so much for all of the silent readers, subscribers, upvoters and commenters! I really appreciate it. Saranghamnida!!! And oh, please please please check my SuChen fic. Catch Me I'm Falling for You :) 

 

 -----------------------------

 

           “You’re Kai?” Jongdae faced Kai. “You know, you’re so stupid. There’s someone that really loves you. Here. He’s handsome like me, he’s nice like me, and he’ll go to any length just to have you. He even planned on asking these gorgeous guys to help him get you. It’s not really my style but I think it’s the greatest thing a man would ever do for his love. Where can you find that kind of man? You’re handsome yet you’re stupid. Why are you making him suffer like that? While it’s obvious that you love him, based on what these handsome guys have been saying. So, if I were you, I’d stop being a jerk and start sweeping him off his feet.” Jongdae reached out for his cup of coffee. “Whew! It’s so difficult to give lesson to kids.”

            “You’re good.” Junmyeon said to Jongdae. “Can I invite you to dinner?”

            “How about lunch? I’m hungry.”

            “Sure.”

            Then the two left. He and Kai remained facing each other. While his co members are like supervisors that is waiting for their next move.

            “You can all leave me and Kyungsoo.”

            “No, we’ll stay here.” Kris said. “We’ll make sure your mind and heart are in right direction right now. Go on, talk now.”

            “All right, how about this?” Kai turned to him. “Kyungsoo, I can’t find any sensible reason why you should stay with me. But I know I just can’t let you go. I need you. I can’t live without you in my life. I love you too. I love you more than you could love me. I don’t know how can that be measured but I know that’s what I felt. And I’m sorry if I just ignored your confession. The truth is, I was just afraid.”

            “Afraid? Why? Did I put a gun on your face when I confessed to you?”

            “No. But the fact that the man I always knew I could never have told me he loves me… it was just too much for me. I was too happy. I told you before that I know the things that could hurt you. I don’t want the day to happen that I will be the one to hurt you myself. I won’t forgive myself if that happens. That’s how much you mean to me, Soo. I don’t know if you’ll understand my explanation. But I just don’t want to hurt you. You know my history when it comes to relationships. I’m not that good. And I know, if I take your love, I could hurt you. And… I don’t want to hurt you.”

            Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything. He just wants to listen. And Kai knows that he’s the one that has more explaining to do. But Kyungsoo knew, deep in his heart he already accepted Kai’s explanations and what will he say later on. That was how much he loved Kai.

            “It‘s not true that I don’t remember any small details about you. I remember everything about you. Your scent, your smile, your laughter… your favorite color is black, the thing that could make you cry is seeing a stray cat getting hit by a car. You were fifteen back then. You cried your heart out to me.”

            “And you helped me bury the cat.”

            “I still remember where it was buried. `Wanna visit him?”

            “W-why…?”

            “Because it’s those little things that made me closer to you than anyone else. I intended to forget about it because I don’t want you to notice that I already felt something for you.”

            And it was those sweet little gestures that always crept into Kyungsoo’s heart. That same things made him fall in love with Kai. God! How he loves this stupid man!

            “Why didn’t you tell me that you feel something for me?”

            “If I did that, would you believe me?”

            Kyungsoo didn’t answer. Thinking back, Kai has a reason. At that time, Kai always jokingly tells him that he likes him, right? But he didn’t believe him, ever. He even says sarcastic comments about it.

            “You were a bit cold back then, Soo. I always told you that. But there was never a time I stopped loving you. Even in your cruelest day. Then, I asked you why you are that cold towards me. You told me that I was the one that taught you how to be that cold-hearted. I was shocked. I didn’t expect that involving you to my mischief have a big effect on you. I wasn’t really expecting that. I thought I was making a great impression. I wanted you to think that I was irresistible. But it wasn’t the case.” Kai took a step forward towards Kyungsoo. “That’s why I decided to stop coming near you.”

            “Kai, this is so stupid.” Kris piped in. “Why didn’t you just stop being a playboy instead of stopping being near Kyungsoo?”

            “I didn’t know what I was doing.” Kai turned to Kris. “How about you, you didn’t do anything wrong before you were able to get Chanyeol’s love?”

            “Yes.”

            Kai just ignored Kris and turned to Kyungsoo again. “No, it wasn’t wrong. I just decided to avoid you because every time we’re together, I just couldn’t help myself but to fall in love with you more.”

            “But you didn’t avoid me at all, right?”

            “Yeah, well, I couldn’t do it. There’s something lacking in me when I don’t get to see you. Plus the fact that Junmyeon is always competing for your attention.”

            “So, you’re really jealous…”

            “Of course. I told you, I’m used of the fact that I’m the only man in your life. And I don’t have any plans on having a competitor for your attention.”

            “What is this? You can’t accept that I love you so you’re pushing me away but you don’t want other guys to come near me.”

            “He’s really crazy.” Zhoumi said. “No wonder his explanations are so confusing.”

            “Shut up, you guys. Let me just do something right for once, will you?” They all just nodded in unison. “The thing is, I really don’t want you to go. I love you and I loved you even more after I heard you say those words. I was the happiest man back then. But I didn’t get to celebrate because I thought, if I accepted your feelings, maybe my influence to you will be worse. I had taught you to be cold without my knowledge, because of my stupidity. God knows what else I could influence you with if we end up together.”

            “What do you think of me? A man who doesn’t have his own mind? I know what is right and wrong for me, Kai.” At that moment, Kyungsoo stepped forward towards Kai. “And it’s not true that I became cold and unfeeling. It was just my way of brushing off the pain of seeing and knowing the man I’ve always wanted was with another person.”

            “Soo…”

            “Your father once asked me what I felt about you. If I like you. I wasn’t able to answer him. Then he changed the question. He asked me if I love you somehow. I think, that’s when my mind and my heart become rattled. I asked myself so many questions about you. But none of those questions were asked by your father.” Kyungsoo tried to smile. And for the first time, he felt that he can smile genuinely. “I’m stupid too.”

            “No. I’m just the stupid one here. Because I just pushed you away and I almost lost you.” Kai took another step towards him and reached his hand. “I don’t want that to happen again. I’ll take you with me anywhere. I love you and I’ll be a better man for you. I promise. I won’t look at other people other than you. But you’re the only man that I laid my eyes on, anyway. But I’m still making a promise.”

            When Kai touched his hand, he instantly forgets all of his bitterness towards him.

            “Give the poor guy a chance, Kyungsoo.” Siwon said. “In any case, if he hurts you again, I’ll make sure all of the horses here will kick him hard. Let’s see if he will do it again if that happens.”

            “You heard our president. We listen to him more than the President of South Korea.”

            “Kai.”

            “Kyungsoo.”

            “Would you hurt me, now that you know the things that could make me cry?”

            Kai took him in his arms. “Never.” Then he kissed his hair. “I would never ever make you cry.”

            “Maybe you’re just afraid to be kicked by the horses.”

            “That’s another reason.” Kyungsoo slapped Kai’s arm but he didn’t let him go and just hugged him tightly. “I love you so much. How will I hurt the man that I love? It’s like I let myself be kicked by the horses here. For free.”

            There. He let go of their past now. In Kai’s arms, he knew he could finally let his guard down. There’s no reason for him to hide himself in the world. Because here’s Kai to protect him always.

            “I love you, Kai.”

            “I love you more, Soo.”

            And in the front of the club members, Kai kissed him with all his love for him. Kai showed his love for him with all of his heart.

            “Thank goodness it’s all finished now.” Kyungsoo heard one of the members said. “So, who’s the next in line, so that all of the drama in this riding club will be done?”

            “Tao! My man! You’re finally here.”

            “Why are you all looking at me?”

            “We’re not looking at you, Tao.”

            Kyungsoo just ignored the noisy men. What’s important now is that he is in the arms of the man that he loves.

 

 -----------------------------

I hope you all liked the ending! Here's some Kaisoo for you :)

tumblr_inline_nps4vhISSU1tvqnas_500.gif