I learnt to be contented with what you could offer

When I was Mrs Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter-004

Till death do us part...maybe not...

~~&~~

With a nod from the minister, the musicians readied themselves and the people rose awaiting the anticipated bridal walk-in.

Why was she here, Laurel did not know. Her feet had brought her.

*Flashback*

“I’m pregnant, Laurel.” Laurel felt her heart stop at those words. “Con-gra-tu-lations, Miyoung-sshi.” was all that she could manage as she felt her heart constrict in her chest.

“Don’t you want to know who the father is?” Miyoung threw Laurel a questioning gaze. “I won’t ask if you don’t wanna say. Patient privacy, I respect that.” Laurel plainly answered.

Miyoung looked at the woman in front of her and let out a sigh. “Can’t we go back to how we used to be Laul? Where you would be truly happy about everything I told you?”

At her words, anger rose within Laurel and she tried to restrain herself.

Not here Laurel, not here.

“What are you saying Miyoung-sshi? I am truly happy for you.” Laurel said not looking at Miyoung this time. “Don’t lie to me Laurel Kim!” this time, her voice was louder. “I know you still have not forgiven me for what I did. But can’t you just acknowledge my mistakes and forgive me?”

“Forgive you?” Laurel tried not to scoff. “You did not commit any mistakes against me, so there’s nothing to forgive.”

“Laurel, I STOLE YOUR HUSBAND!” Miyoung emphasised every word. Laurel almost flipped when she heard those words. They were in the hospital where she worked at. Nobody knew who she used to be, who her parents were and most importantly, who her ex in-laws were. If people knew, the press would probably have a field day and her quest to start anew would probably come to an end as well.

I’m only tolerating you because you are pregnant, woman!

“And I’m so very sorry, Laul…” her voiced died down till it was almost a whisper. “I allowed a man to come between us.” And Laurel almost swore she saw a tear escaping.

“He was never mine to start with…” Laurel replied, not knowing if she had said it more for herself or Miyoung.  “I know he still loves you, Laurel. You awoke something in him that I never could.” Miyoung sighed.

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Laurel firmly replied as she turned to walk away. She had to walk away, no, Laurel wanted to run away. The pain, the memories that Miyoung drew out, was something that Laurel wanted buried.

“He’s not the father, Laurel!” and her steps halted. “Joonmyun-sunbae isn’t my baby’s father!” this time…Laurel heart halted.

*Present time*

“I pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride.” The Priest announced and Laurel felt her insides twist.

Maybe this wedding wasn’t such a good idea…

*Flashback*

3 years ago…

Laurel looked at the man she was walking down the aisle to and her heart clenched. His fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter