I learnt to never let things get that far

When I was Mrs Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter-003

Because of you, I never strayed too far from the sidewalk. Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt..."Because of You"-Kelly Clarkson

~~&~~

“Mr Kim, your soy flat white,” A waiter placed Joonmyun’s coffee on the table as he sat there reading his daily paper.

BaoziDian, the café two blocks down from his new law firm has been his new haunt since Sehun introduced him to it.

“That Mr Kim is very handsome!” One of the counter girls gushed.

“I wonder if he’s married.” Another one added on.

“Snap out of it you two! Can’t you see I’m the most handsome guy here?” The waiter who have served Joonmyun deadpanned. 

Shaking his head at their childish batter, Xiumin chuckled. His staff brought so much joy to him and that was why he enjoyed working with them over working for his father.

“Ahem” Xiumin interrupted

“So you’re the most handsome male around here Jongdae?” The older raised a brow at the younger.

“I’m just stating a fact Hyung! Hyerin and Hyemi are too blind to notice my handsomeness!” Jongdae protested animatedly with his hands flying all over the place just to state his point.

“Pfft” Hyerin rolled her eyes.

“Dream on Jongdae!” Hyemi sniggered, pushing past him as she continued her cleaning duties.

“Hyung!” Jongdae pouted.

“Yes you’re handsome in your own way Jongdae-ah. Now tell me what the big fuss is about?” Xiumin gently ruffled his junior barista’s hair.

Raising a hand to rub the back of his neck, the younger male let out of sigh. “Mr Kim is all that girl can think about.”

“Which Mr Kim?” Xiumin raised a brow in confusion.

“That Mr Kim, who comes in for soy flat white every morning at 10am.” Jongdae pointed him out to Xiumin.

“You mean JM Kim? Yea, he’s quite a heart-breaker with that face of his.”

Xiumin eyed the back view of the man in topic while nodding his head knowingly.

Jongdae sighed even harder, hearing those words from his boss.

“But why is that even important to you Jongdae?”

“I…wel-l..sort-of…” Jongdae stuttered with his ears starting to turn red.

“Hmm…I think…” Xiumin rubbed his chin. “That you have a crush on Hyemi!”

Jongdae eyes widened in shock and blood rushed to his face as the younger tried to shut the older by placing a hand on his mouth. Jongdae was afraid that Hyemin would be able to hear it since Xiumin was so loud.

“I knew it! You like Hyemi! I could see the way you stare at her all the time! No wonder you’re so upset that she’s fixated with JM Kim.” Xiumin cheered as he tried to push the younger male off him.

Jongdae nodded sheepishly, finally letting go of Xiumin.

“But, Hyung, you know that guy?” Jongdae tried to suss out his competition.

“Yea, he’s Kim Joonmyun or JM Kim, as he’s more commonly known in the legal world. His dad and mine go a long way back. But don’t worry, I heard that he’s married.”

Xiumin patted the back of his junior in assurance.

“Now, stop worrying your pretty little head and get back to work! There is a queue forming and you don’t want Hyemi to be handling all the orders alone do you?”

“No Sir!” Jongdae did a cute salute and bowed out to carry on with his duties. 

~~&~~

Laurel sighed for the 4th time in the last hour as she stared at her huge pile of patient notes that were piled in front of her.

“When am I ever gonna get through this?!”

“Life of a Doctor! Doesn’t gets any chirpier than this, does it Laul?”  Minjung sang sarcastically.

“Quit it Do! I don’t need you to remind me!” Laurel chewed on her lower lip in irritation as she sent a pen flying in the direction of her best friend slash co-worker.

“Tsk tsk, someone’s edgy today. Must be the lack of caffeine. Now, where’s that delivery boy of yours who brings you your daily soy flat white? What’s his name again? The one that looks like a hamster.” Minjung snorted.

Looking up from her sea of paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter