I learnt to drink Iced Americano

When I was Mrs Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter-001

“Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.” — Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

~~&~~

Laurel Lim or, previously known as Mrs Kim was not much of a hoarder but recently, there seemed to be a change in her behaviour. You could call it post-divorce syndrome if there ever was such a thing or maybe age was just catching up with her and she was getting all sentimental.

Her days as Mrs Kim did not create fond memories that one should constantly revisit but certain ones like these just had that ability to haunt you from time to time and today was such a time.  

“You’ve got to stop doing that” a soft yet firm voice snapped her out of her trance.

“I know Minjung, but I just can’t help it. Every time I see this dress, all those memories just crept in unknowingly,” Laurel sighed as she gave her best friend a weak smile.

“Hey, cheer up Laul, I’m not blaming you. You can’t help it that your bastard of an ex-husband trampled on your heart! So don’t go all beating yourself up about it! Let’s go grab a bite, I’m starving!” Minjung said as she tried to drag her friend away from the bridal parlour.  

Laurel could only sigh but allowed herself to be dragged away before her nostalgia could drown her again.

Cling

“Looks like a nice place, doesn’t it?” Minjung cheered as they passed through the doors of the newly opened café.

“Yea, the décor looks like one that I would go for if I went ahead with my café business idea!” Laurel nodded in agreement. 

BaoziDian, the recently opened café near the hospital she was interning at, looked awesome with its rustic interior and Laurel instantly felt happier the moment she passed through those doors. 

“So, what can I get you ladies?” a masculine voice suddenly caught her attention.

Turning around to face him, she wanted to give her reply, but the familiarity of his face, stopped her.

It can’t be him, can it? He’s…died

“I’m sorry if I’ve stunned you with my handsome face! But would you like anything to eat or drink?” he chuckled and did a cute wave in front of Laurel’s face.

“Oh! *cough* No no, I’m sorry! I just…” Laurel snapped out of her thoughts with a hard shove by Minjung.

“So you’re saying no that I’m not handsome? No, you don’t want to order? Or no to both my questions?” the very guy teased, earning a blush from Laurel who was now too embarrassed to look at him straight in the eye.

Not being able to stand the awkward situation that she was currently witnessing, Minjung impatiently shoved her best friend aside. 

*Ahem* she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter