I learnt to keep my feelings to myself

When I was Mrs Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter-002

~~&~~

Laurel let out a deep sigh of relief, the moment her bum came into contact with the chair. “Finally I get to sit down!”

Moving her hands down to massage her aching legs, her mind drifted back to the events that occurred during the day.

*Flashback*

4 hours ago

*knock *knock

“Come in”, a voice said as Laurel carefully entered Seoul University Hospital’s VIP ward.

The VIP ward was only made available to politicians, hospital board members, their families and other influential figures. Doctors who were made in-charge over this ward were only senior consultants and above.

However, out of special circumstances, Laurel, a Medical Officer (lower rank) was placed head Doctor over the person in this ward.

“Erm…Good evening, I am Dr Laurel Lim and I will be your attending physician.” Laurel clutched her folder nervously as she formally bowed to the person in front of her.   

“Don’t you recognised me, my child?” the patient frowned. “And what’s with Dr Laurel Lim? I don’t like that name! You’ll always be a Kim to me!” she huffed in disagreement.

Laurel’s head shot up in surprise as she heard those words and her bewildered eyes finally took hold of the face belonging to a person who she once loved dearly.

“Ommonim!” she gasped. “Why…how…?”

“Laurel dear, so you still remember me? Come here and give me a hug!” Old Mrs Kim chucked and opened her arms for a hug.

Laurel obeyed and responded with a heartfelt hug. Gosh, she had really missed the lady whom helped raised her and being back in that familiar embrace only cemented that fact. However, it also awoken certain emotions she wanted buried.

“Ommonim, I missed you so much!” Laurel said as she buried herself in Mrs Kim’s arms.

“I missed you too! You should have come and visit me and your Abonim. It has been so long since we last saw you.” Mrs Kim sighed as she Laurel’s face lovingly.

“I’m so sorry Ommonim.” Laurel sighed as she broke from the hug. “It’s just that it’s been so hard for me to. I hope you and Abonim understand.”

Old Mrs Kim sighed as she looked lovingly at the girl who was once her daughter-in-law and also the daughter of her best friend who she swore at her deathbed that she would take good care of.

“Laurel-ah, we understand. But would you give our Joonmyun another chance?” Mrs Kim asked and she silently begged that the answer would be a yes.

Laurel frowned and her heart clenched. She loved the woman in front of her but yet her heart could not find the strength anymore to give the answer that was wished for.

“Ommonim…” Laurel teared, “It’s not up to me to give Kim Joonmyun-sshi another chance. His heart is not with me.”

Her heart broke as she saw the fragile lady in front of her. Gone, was her air of aloofness and that “nothing can hurt me” attitude and in its place was one of raw emotion. 

The honesty in those words broke her heart too, but like how a Mother’s knows best, she knew that there was a change in her son’s heart which this poor girl did not know about.

“Laurel-ah, I know our Joonmyun has caused you much pain, but…” Mrs Kim tried to persuade when the doors opened.

“Omma! Why didn’t you tell me you were in hospital?” a male voice rang out upon rushing into the hospital room.

Kim Joonmyun…it can’t be him…please Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter