Second Encounter.

Botox Brain!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol:

The car pulled over into a turn. "We are here.", his step-mum announced pulling the gear. His step-mum got out of the car and so did he. They were standing at the gates of the school. He looked up to read the sign. Seoul Arts High School.

He sighed resulting his step-mum to flash her eyes at him. "Make sure you remember what I told you. You must never speak, okay? I told the school Chanmi has a temporary voice loss. So if you need to say something use this okay?", she stated handing him a writing board. Chanyeol gaped at her, lost for words. Is she actually being serious? However Chanyeol remained silent. After all he had agreed to do what ever she says. "And also, try to act more like a girl. Don't keep your face tensed.", she further instructed. "Yeah don't worry.", Chanyeol muttered. "Okay, let's head to the office. And from now onwards, don't talk."

They walked into the school building and shortly after they arrived at the deputy head's office. His step-mum knocked on the door and moments later, a middle-aged man opened the door. "I came to meet the deputy head, is he here?", the step-mum asked. In response the man smiled. "Ah, he is not in the room but he would come soon. You can come in and wait at the reception room." "Oh okay, thank you.", she slightly bowed. 

Chanyeol followed his step-mum into the office and took a seat. Just then another man came running into the room. "I heard Chanmi's back! Where is she?!", he raised his voice. The man's eyes flashed at Chanyeol and he froze. Chanyeol gulped. The man approached Chanyeol slowly and then diverted his gaze to the step-mum. "Mrs Kang.", he bowed at her. She bowed back. He then looked at Chanyeol very carefully, eyeing him from head to toe. Chanyeol lowered his gaze. Has he figured out that I am not Chanmi? "C-chanmi?", he muttered. Oh, so do I really look like a girl now?  "She has a temporary memory and voice loss...The doctor said it would take about 6 months to recover. The surgery did not end well.", Chanyeol's step-mum stated, allowing the man to divert his attention to her. "Memory loss, voice loss?", the man gaped. "Then, do you know who I am?", the man asked looking at Chanyeol now. Chanyeol bit his lips before shaking his head. The teacher gasped. "Wow...you really don't remember me?!", he raised his voice. What's wrong with this guy? Does he not understand Korean? Chanyeol shook his head again. The man gawked at Chanyeol unbelievably. "D-don't worry, it's only temporary. She will soon gain her memorys.", the step-mum butted in. She then diverted her gaze to Chanyeol. "He's your homeroom teacher. Mr Oh.", she uttered. "Oh...", Chanyeol mouthed out before bowing to the teacher. Mr Oh looked at him pitifully. "Aw, our poor Chanmi. She looks -uhm- very bloated and omo, she has grown a lot too. Did the plastic surgery hurt my dear?", he asked with a creepy smile. He looks like a e to be honest. Chanyeol slowly nodded and in which Mr Oh sighed. "Oh well, just get well soon. The deputy head will be here any minute. I'll see you in class.", he stated and then turned to face Chanyeol's step-mum. "Then, I'll take care of Chanmi so that her health gets better.", he announced, bowing. "Thank you.", Chanyeol's step-mum bowed back.  

It was just Chanyeol and his step-mum in the room now. The awkward silence ended when a man in a suit appeared. "Ah, Deputy head.", his step mum stood up and bowed. "Mrs Kang.", he smiled. He then diverted his gaze to Chanyeol. "Chanmi, how are you feeling?" Chanyeol opened his mouth to say he was fine when he realised the mistake he was about to make. He stopped. "Chanmi has temporary memory and voice loss, it would take a while for her to recover.", his step-mum talked for him. "Ah, is that so? Won't it be more reasonable for her to take a rest instead?". the deputy head questioned. " She's getting better so it's fine. She has medication and for communicating, she will use a writing board. Also, graduation is right around the corner, she can't miss school now.", she argued back. The deputy head nodded understandly. "If you say so, then I guess it's fine. The condition is curable right?", he asked. "Yes, it's only a temporary side effect of the surgery.", Chanyeol's step-mum stated. "Okay that's good.", he nodded. He then diverted his gaze to Chanyeol. " Then, I'll give you the notes you have missed. Follow me to my office.", the deputy head announced. "And Mrs Kang, you can leave now. She's under the school's care now." the deputy head assured her. "Thank you!", she beamed, bowing down. She then looked at Chanyeol with her sharp gaze that read 'you better do well or else'. But then she smiled widely and hugged Chanyeol, "Do well, okay? Text me when you need me." Chanyeol froze at her sudden affection but then realised she was only doing this for Chanmi. Chanyeol weakly smiled at her, in which she ruffled his hair. He suddenly was reminded of his mum. The way she used to ruffle his hair when he was younger. I miss my mum... His step-mum broke the contact and he immediately snapped out of his daydream. "Then, I'm leaving, okay?", she smiled assuringly and then diverted her gaze back at the deputy head. "I'll be making my leave now.", she bowed. The deputy head bowed back. She smiled one last time at Chanyeol before making her way out. I never knew she was this much of an actress till now.

They were now at the Deputy head's office

"Okay, Chanmi, these are notes you have missed.", he stated, handing Chanyeol a load of files. "I don't know if you remember, but the room you used before was on the 10th floor. However, exchange students will be on that floor now so you have to share rooms with one of the students.", he announced. "It was quite hard getting a room but because a student was excluded, we decided that you could use that room for now.", the deputy carried on. Chanyeol nodded. "Then your roommate is Kim Iseul. Just try to get along with her." Chanyeol gaped at the deputy. Share a room with a girl?! Is this guy out of his mind- But then he remembered that he was supposed to Chanmi. "I've heard stories from your teachers that you two don't like each other, but I'm using this as an opportunity to get you two to reconcile. We cannot have rumours spreading around when you debut. There are people that like to dig up information from the past-" However the deputy head stopped half way as he realised Chanyeol's pale face. The deputy head sighed. " What am I even saying? You won't be able to remember anyways. Then, here is your key to your room. It's the last room on the 5th floor. Room 40/5.", the deputy head announced, placing the key in Chanyeol's hand. He wanted to ask the deputy if he could have his own room but since the deputy had said that it was hard to even find a room, it was unlikely that he would find a room for himself. 

"You can go and put everything in your room and then come to the office again. We need to fill in forms.", the deputy stated. Chanyeol half-heartedly nodded. This is too much to handle.  Chanyeol made his way out of the office and with instructions, he made his way to the 5th floor. There were exactly 40 rooms on each floor. It took him 2 minutes to get to the end of the corridor and to his room. He opened the door and was greeted by a massive poster of Kim Jaejoong that was slap bang in the middle of the room. He sighed and pulled his suitcase into the room only to realise that this whole place was a tip. Clothes, CDS were scattered across the floor, and worst of all, there was a tremendous pile of unfinished kimchi cup noodles stacked up against the wall. And lord the smell....it smelt just like kimchi noodles. Chanyeol was losing his mind at this point. How was he going to live here with a girl who seems to be vile? He angrily slammed his suitcase against the wardrobe and scornfully stared at the beds. He didn't even know what bed was his. Both of the beds were equally messy. Does this girl use both beds or something?! He sighed before yanking out his writing board from his bag. I might as well go and see the deputy head now. No way am I going to stay in here. He then stormed out of the room and headed to the office. What kind of girl is she? Man, I'm regreting this already.

Iseul:

"WHAT, Chanmi's back?!", you bellowed at Kris's statement. "Why are you shocked? You know she will have to come back one day", he stated. "Yeah but it's t-too soon-", you started off before you were harshly interrupted by Kai. "Why do you hate her so much anyways? I always wanted to ask you this.", he asked. You took a moment to collect the reasons. "Well, are you asking because you don't know? She's damn rude, she thinks she owns this school, she thinks highly of herself, she controls people, bribes people and-" She bullied me. However you didn't say the last part out loud. Since you didn't want them to find out. You didn't want to bring back your awful past. You didn't want to bring back your oldself. "and she's a hoe.", you ended your sentence causing the group to laugh. However Sehun eyed you carefully as if you were hiding something. You immediately cleared you throat. "A-anyways, In-ha will be back to school in a week so it's all good.", you announced, clearly changing the topic. " That girl, she never changes. I bet in another week's time, she will be excluded again.", Kris scowled. "Stop jinxing it dude.", Kai laughed.

"Iseul!", you heard Tao calling you. "Oh, you are back from the canteen?", you asked as he was jogging towards you. "Yeah, school hasn't started yet so there are a lot of people there. I'll just buy something later. And oh, the prefect told me to give this to you.", he stated, handing you a piece of note. "What's this?", you uttered. "The deputy head wants to see you or something." "What? But why?", you gaped at Tao. "Maybe he found out that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter