The 1st assignment.

Botox Brain!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Iseul:

You managed to get to registration on time despite waking up extremely late. As you walked into the classroom, you caught Chanmi coldly staring at you and you were sure it was because of yesterday. In return you rolled your eyes at Chanmi in a derpish manner before walking past her to your seat. 

So basically through out the whole day, you both exchanged glares, cussed and shoved each other whenever you walked past. And now here you were in the library after school, sitting opposite the devil itself.

"Urm so since we are all here this time, let's go through our project assignments.", Minseok interupted your intense game of glares with Chanmi. He then opened the brown packet and took out a chunky booklet very slowly before placing it on the table. Everyone stared at the booklet in silence and poor Minseok tried his best to be sociable. "Well that's one hell of a project. H-ha.", he stated hoping for some sort of reaction within the group. Just then Sehun leaned towards the table with a frustrated sigh, picking the booklet up and flicking through the pages hurriedly.

"The first assignment is on Maths, Korean Literature and History. Second assignment is examining teamwork on a given sport. And the last assignment is to compose and perform a song about spring, love and happiness."

Sehun slammed the booklet back onto the table. "It's over", he stated with a straight face and the others gawked at him unbelievably. "I-it's not that bad-", Minseok started off before being rudely disrupted by Tao. "Maths and History?! Are you kidding me?! Sehun's right. Everything's over-" "I agree with Minseok. I don't think it's that bad. Maths and History is nothing compared to Science and English. Let's be thankful that we didn't get those.", you finally involved yourself in the bickering. "So you are saying composing a random song about spring with no backing track is not bad? Fine, let's see how it goes.", Sehun scowled. "No backing track?....Urgh, this is too much" Dasom rolled her eyes.  "Wow seriously?! We haven't even started yet and you are already complaining. Just because some of you have negative thoughts doesn't mean you have to pass it onto others. If we really put in the effort and time, we will not fail! So stop being immature and let's actually focus for once.", Minseok barked out of the blue, startling everyone as he was usually the really calm and soft-spoken type. 

"Let's go through the project one by one then.", I announced trying to get rid of the unwanted tension in here. 

After going through the project, you noticed one major thing. It was unbearably hard. The assignments were near impossible especially since most of the people in your group were lazy. Including yourself.

"I personally think we should start with the hardest one first so we can get it out of the way.", Minseok stated. In response Tao groaned and the others sighed. "Well it's up to you guys. It's just that it will be harder for us later and we will get more stressed out.", Minseok shrugged his shoulders suggestively. At that moment, Chanmi who had been sitting quietly yanked out her writing board and pen. You watched her scribble something down before she held the board up for everyone to see.

"I think we should do the hardest one first. Since academic subject is just revising and making notes, we can leave that till the end. And for sports, I think it's less work than to make a song so we should do Performing arts first, Sports and then Academic subject."

"Yeah, that seems like it will work. Does everyone agree with Chanmi?", Minseok asked. Urm, no. "I think academic subject shouldn't be dealt with at the end. It's not just revising and making notes, you need time to memorise everything and to test each other out. So it's technically more work.", you argued. Surprisingly Sehun agreed with you for the first time. "Yeah, I agree on that too. It's more stressful than it seems." "Okay then, let's go with performing arts, academic subjects and then sports.", Minseok finalised his decision.

When you finally thought things were going to go smoothly, it didn't. You watched blankly as Dasom and Minseok were having a full on fight about nonense again for the 3rd time. "No, don't you understand?! Making an instrumental takes more time than you think! If you think it's easy, why don't you do it?!" "I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying that we can do it if we try hard!", Minseok yelled back. "Are you saying that I'm not trying hard-" "Well, clearly you are not." Dasom let out a surprised snort before bolting out of her chair. "Fine, since I'm not trying hard, I'll leave." With that said, she stormed out of the library.

"Good work guys.", Sehun scowled and only silence answered him. This is seriously annoying. No one can say anything without it ending in a fight. Just then the libarian approached us with a grim face. "I'm sorry but you are causing a ruckus and there are people who want to work here. Can you leave please?" Great.

"Let's call it an end for today. If anyone has ideas share them at tomorrow's meeting.", Minseok stated as we headed out of the library. "We can't go to the library remember? Where are we going to meet up?", Tao asked. "Don't know. An empty classroom or a practice room? We'll see tomorrow... Anyways I'm going to go. See you guys later.", Minseok muttered before heading out of the block. As you watched him leave you sighed. He obviously had enough. We started the project on Monday and today, it's Thursday. We haven't started a thing!

"What are we going to do? Dasom is the only one experienced in music and she left.", Tao whined. Sehun looked over to Chanmi. "We have her." Is he kidding me? 

The next day

Chanyeol:

Chanyeol couldn't believe that they threw everything onto him at the last minute. How was he going to compose a song about spring and love when he despises such things? Even though he may have some talent in playing the guitar and singing, he had never attended music lessons and everything was self taught. So he had no idea how to produce a professional well written song. And here they were expecting some sort of amaziness to flow out of him because they all foolishly believed that he was Chanmi. Chanmi who was naturally gifted in music. The pressure was real because they all watched him with eager eyes. Chanyeol took out his writing board. "I didn't really prepare anything since I only had a day...but yeah here it goes." 

He played a tune consisting of soft melodies and slow chords. After he finished playing it, he noticed Minseok giving him an unreadable look. Chanyeol gulped. " You're good at playing the guitar.", Minseok stated with a smile but then he bit his lip. "But it doesn't really give a spring feel. It sounds quite, how do I put it?-" "It sounds like we are at a funeral.", Iseul chimmed in causing the others to snort with laughter. "Not a funeral exactly but it sounds depressing...like someone had a bad day. One of the themes is happiness so we have to make the song sound more uplifting and fun. Do you want to have another go?", Minseok asked. Chanyeol nodded his head and then averted his attention to the guitar. Happiness....Do I even have such thing in my life?....Happiness....What makes me happy?....happiness-

Omma.

Chanyeol's memory started to flood back as he strucked chords on his guitar. The memories of his mother coming after work with smiles and her calming lullaby that she sang for him when he couldn't sleep. He still remembered every single word his mother sang. It was beautiful.

When you are lost
I will shine a light

When your heart shakes because of the wind
I will hold your hand

I am praying for you
Praying that you will be protected

So that my hopes can reach you

The closed door is slowly opening

I hope you won’t cry over your scars
Or get trapped in despair with pain

With all my heart, I hope you will be comforted
Today, I’m praying again

I am praying for you
Praying that you will be protected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter