9. The8

True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 1589

Song: Jam Jam – Seventeen

The8’s POV

Last night I got a text from Baekhyun. He asked me if I wanted to go on a date with his friend. He also sent me a picture of her, and might I say, SHE’S BEAUTIFUL. I literally stared at her picture for 5 minutes straight. I texted Baekhyun back.

“Yeah I’m totally down for this date.”

“Great I’ll tell my girlfriend to set you up :), is 4 pm tomorrow okay?”

“Ne, thanks hyung. My other hyungs and dongsaengs have been teasing me to find someone”

“Hahahaha that’s the same for me until I met Rosie. I hope you find someone too”

“Thanks Baekhyun hyung. I have to go now talk to you later”

“Okay bye”

I turned off my phone and I tried to go to sleep. I didn’t want to be tired on my date tomorrow. For some reason I couldn’t stop smiling and my mind kept drifting off to her. I eventually fell asleep while thinking of her.

I didn’t wake up until 1 pm the next day since it was the weekend, I decided to sleep in. I got out of bed, washed up and headed down to have breakfast or lunch. I couldn’t stop smiling and when I got downstairs my parents noticed too. I was never this happy in the morning.

“Why are you so happy this morning sweetie?” asked my mom who was making breakfast for us.

“Hmmmm …. I’m going on a date later” I replied smiling.

“Oh with who?” asked my dad curiously.

“A friend of Baekhyun hyung’s” I cooed happily.

“Wow, who would want to go on a date with you” peeped my little brother. He’s only 6 but he’s really sassy.

“Now, now Sungyeol, be nice to Minghao”

“Yeah be nice to me”

Then our parents started talking about the news and it got really boring. I just sat there eating my breakfast while thinking about Hyeon. Once I finished my breakfast I got up and placed my dishes in the sink and went up to my room to change. First I brushed my teeth and did my hair. Once I was satisfied with it, I went to my closet to pick out what to wear. In the mist of trying stuff on, I got a text from Baekhyun giving me her address. * It’s actually not that far from my house* I thought. After about 1 hour of trying on different combinations of clothes I finally decided on one.

I am going to take Hyeon out for a Movie and Dinner at a cool restaurant that I always went to. They served really good food. Yummmmmmm . It was now 3:30 so I decided that I would walk to her house since it’s not far. I went downstairs and grabbed my wallet and keys. I grabbed a pair of my favourite shoes and slipped them on. Then I walked out the door to Hyeon’s house.

Once I arrived at her house, I started to get really nervous and I didn’t know what to say. I decided to just wing it and I rang the doorbell. After a few seconds the door opened revealing the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. I just stared at her in awe.

“Ummmm … hi, I’m Hyeon” she awkwardly said to me.

“Hi, I’m The8, well actually my name is Minghao but my friends call me The8. To be honest I don’t really know why. They’re kind – oh sorry I’m saying too much…” I said embarrassingly.

“Haha it’s okay” she smiled

“Should we get going?”

“Yeah sure just let me grab my keys”

She went in to get the keys, locked the door and we both headed out.

“I’m sorry we’re going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter