Pinned

Just Wanna

"Let's go to my house..."
Henry spoke up, looking away from me as if ready for my reaction.
...
"Huh?" was all I managed to say.

 

Okay, this might sound weird but my heart is knocking my ribs out of their places right now. What the hell...
My mind was blank.

 

"We can work on your song there. I have materials and some instruments."

 

Oh yeah. He did say he has his own studio.
I knew that but my heart was still pumping so hard.

 

"Y-yeah sure. Now?" 
Okay, let me pick up my fallen ribs for a second...

 

"Up to you..." he was twiddling his fingers. Cheeks tinged pink.

 

"I don't see a problem why not." 
He responded with a bright smile.

 

I think my heart just exploded.
What is up with this man?

 

----

 

"Welcome to my studio!" 
He said as he opened the door and switched the light on.
Henry's house was a tad bit like a mansion... or was it a mansion a few minutes of walking from the tea shop... meh anyway...

 

"Whooooaaa~" I gaped.
His studio took up at least twice the size of my apartment.

 

"You might wanna take a seat." 
He gestured to the sofa behind me and I dropped my then and there.

 

"Whooooaaa~" 
okay. I was not done being amazed yet. 
The more I look around...
"Whoooaaaa~"

 

He just chuckled at how idiotic I must have looked.

 

"Amber..."

 

"Oh... Yeah?" My head was turned to his direction but my eyes were still wandering in his studio.

 

"Coffee? Juice? Or whatever?"

 

"Juice..." My answer came out almost voluntarily because whoa. lol.

 

"Alright. I'll be right back"
And with that he closed the door and I shot up from my seat.

 

Time for some exploring.

 

"Cool." I ran my fingers on his electronic keyboard.

 

"Whoa. Sweet!" My eyes were set on an acoustic guitar hanging on the wall.

 

I'll check that later. I thought because there were still a lot of instruments in his studio to explore.

 

Looking to the left the area was full of instruments.
Looking to the right there was a recording booth.

 

Damn, is this guy rich or what...

 

Should I...
I was standing on my tippy toes towards the thing Henry put away in a high place
My hands were making it halfway to the hanging guitar when

 

"Juice is here!" The door was opened by Henry balancing a tray of 2 glasses of orange juice on one hand the other on the door knob.

 

...
...

 

We just stared at each other when he decided to break the barrier called silence...

 

"Uhh... Y-you wanna give that a try?" He lay the the tray down on the glass table near me.

 

"N-- Uhhh.. You-- No it's cool. I was jus... Y'know... Just checkin' it out."
I coolly shoved my shaking hands, previously reaching for the string instrument into my pockets.

 

"It's fine. Oh, you can't reach it?" 
He started to make his way to me, ready to reach for the guitar over my head standing on his tiptoes as well when I tried to stop him from doing so.
"Nonono you don't have to--" I started backing away

 

I was too late in telling him since...
well...
He kinda tripped over me while I was frantically waving my arms around.

 

No words would be able to describe how awkward the situation was right this moment.

 

Henry unintentionally pinned me on the studio's carpeted floor.
What's worse was he made no move to get off me. Even I was immobilized, trying to take in the situation.

 

"U-uhh... Y-you're kinda h-heav--"

 

"O-oh my gosh I'm so sorry"
He picked himself up and held out a hand to assist me in standing up.

 

I was looking away the whole time because god, this was so awkward.

 

"So, Uh... I'll be taking this one."
I took one glass of juice and took a sip.
The ice cubes jingled as my hands were shaking.
Calm down, Amber. Calm down...

 

"I got pen and paper here... If you wanna write the lyrics down." He walked towards the recording booth and picked up a spring notebook and a pen.

 

"Oh... Okay..."

 

"Don't be nervous. Just write whatever comes from your heart"

 

I eyed him
HELLO? How could I not be nervous from what just happened, good sir?

 

"I'm not nervous."

 

"Okay."

 

I made my way towards the table by the recording booth

 

"Cool studio, by the way... Didn't imagine it to be this..." I looked for the appropriate word
"grand."

 

"Thanks. If you love doing something, price doesn't matter." He shrugged.

 

"I see..."
I sat there twirling the pen in my fingers.

 

---

 

20 minutes of silence have passed and I was still there twirling the pen and occasionally nibbling on its tip.

 

Henry was behind me, lying on the sofa playing games with his phone.

 

"Can't think of anything?" He asked without looking away from what he was doing.

 

"NOTHING! I swear I'm gonna have a mental breakdown because of this!" I tossed the pen behind me which earned an OW from where Henry was.

 

I apologized and he just smiled.

 

"Remember what I said. The key to writing good music is for it to come from--"

 

"The heart." I finished his sentence.

 

"Exactly."

 

"I can't even feel anything other than pressure from Eric" I slammed my head against the desk eventually jolting up "Owwww..."

 

"Don't worry it's still the first day. Ya got hmm... 4 days left." he said nonchalantly.

 

"Are you even serious? 4 days for writing a song?" I looked over my shoulder at him and heard my neck snap from the sudden movement I did.

 

"Why not... You get an allowance of a day to practice it with Erin."

 

"Eric." I corrected him.

 

"Yeah that guy." He rolled his eyes.

 

I leaned on the chair, sighing.
I mumbled to myself

 

"4 days huh? You can do this. FOR FRIENDSHIP!"

 

From behind I hear Henry chuckle.

 


A/N: ei! two updates in a day. I'm on a roll, guys *rolls around* HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA! lol i actually have a finished chapter. might upload it tomorrow. it's pretty long. in my opinion.

been a while since i've read reviews omg thanks :') hahaha ciao for now