Basketball

Just Wanna

'yo'
a text read

'sup Eric. You up early, too?'

'Yeah. so...'

'yeah?'

'just wanted to check on the song-making. How's it going?'

I facepalmed

right. How could I even forget.
Oh yeah... Distractions. A.K.A. Henry...
no.
wait.
It's not his fault. Goooosh.

'Oh yeah, about that. Maybe next week?'

'Counting on ya 😉'

damn.

I have been working on a song that Eric can perform on that tea shop. He wanted a fresh song for his 'debut' into his 'first official job'
Of course I was glad to help. And I'm gonna make him happy with this.
---
"I missed you guysssss~" Vic said as she pulled us all together in a tight group hug.
We finally got the bonding time we all anticipated
"Omo~ is it just me..."
Krystal had a surprised smile on her face while poking my arm. She then proceeded to poking my abdomen.
Vic, Luna and Sulli had puzzled faces on.
"Or is Amber-unnie a bit toned?" the poking continues.
"Ooohhhh~" Vic and the others joined the poking-Amber-party.

So results can already be seen eventhough its still a few days.

"uhhh I've been working out in the past few days."
I explained, unconsciously rubbing the nape of my neck"
Their mouths were half open, telling me they can't believe I became a morning person. I told them I couldn't believe it myself.

"Just within this week and already toned? You must be working out for hours!" Luna was obviously amazed, shoving a slice of pizza into .

"Maybe something keeps her going..." Vic narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously.
"Yah, she's hording all the pizza again..." Sulli mumbled while pointing an accusing finger at the puffy-from-all-the-pizza-cheeked Luna. All attention was then drawn from me to Luna who was defending four more slices of pizza as she was being seized by Vic, Sulli and Krystal. I enjoyed watching them as Luna tried to shove another piece into .

*buzz buzz*

My phone vibrated.

It was an unknown number, calling.

"Hello?"


all the commotion stopped by then. The girls were looking at me with puzzled faces.
"Who's that?" Krystal mouthed, I shrugged.


"Yo, Amber."


...
...


"OMO~ AMBER-UNNIE IS BLUSHING!" Krystal then earned a light push from me. The others giggled as I stammered
"H-henry?"
The fangirling party has begun for the four other girls with me. They all giggled Victoria then shushed them, signaling me to set it on speaker mode.
I hesitated, but did so, anyway.

"Yeah! Hi! You still up for some basketball?"

"Uh..." I looked over to the others as if asking for permission. Everyone nodded while smiling.
"sure..."
"SWEET! I'll text you later"
"Okay."


*call ended*

 

"Ohhh... I see Amber-unnie's a bit... occupied" Krystal wiggled her brows
"Omo~ hohohoho~" Sulli covered
"My Meimei's a grown lady now!" Vic faked a sob as she and Luna gave me a tight hug.
"OW! Muscle cramps! jeeez..."

 

save me from my overly supportive pals.
---

I was relaxing in my bed, massaging my stressed shoulders.
Henry and I started some sort of competition on whoever does more push ups before we stretch. I defeated him yesterday and this morning. Thus, muscle cramps. Everywhere.

As if i predidcted things, I looked over to my phone on my table as it lit up to a message from a certain person named Henry.

 

"You ready?"

"Just gonna slip into my shoes"

I was tying my laces when another text came from him

 

"I'm outside your apartment"
wait, what?

 

I quickly jogged my way outside and found him in a shirt and loose shorts while holding a ball against his waist. He smiled and I smiled back but I didn't say anything I didn't really know what to say. We just took a silent walk towards the local basketball court.

 

We got to know a lot about eachother for only a couple of hours within the game.

He's Henry Lau and he just moved in to this this town seeking some peace and quiet to focus on his career. I learned that he plays instruments and was also a music lover like me.

 

"Hey, so I gotta tell you something." I broke the silence as I wiped my sweaty face and sat beside him by the bleachers

"What is it?"

"I'm writing a song for a friend. Could you help me with the music?"

his face lit up to a bright smile, his passion visible through his eyes.

This man is definitely an artist.

"Sure!"

We shook on the deal and scheduled a meeting for the next day.

 

"Let's call it a day.. or night." He smiled as he looked up the star studded sky

"I'll be seeing you tomorrow morning then." I gave him a soft pat by the arm, only feeling awkward afterwards.

...

"I'm available for the whole day tomorrow. If you want, we can make some huge coverage for your song. Let's work on it the whole day."

"That sounds like a good idea."

 


A/N: dunno if this chapter makes up for my long-ish inability to update this story xD anyway, 2015 is really HenBer's year, ain't it? or is it just me? lol that twitter bickering tho

didn't proof read this, pardon my typos. i'm lazy. probably this week, imma update this this week maybe. i'm sorry, if ever anyone is still reading this, school is getting in the way yknow. haha okay. bai.