Confrontation?

Just Wanna

I put a bowl of ddeokbokki on the table just in time the doorbell rang and Amber's voice called my name out.

 

"Hey!" She greeted me with a smile the moment I opened the door.

 

A guy taller than her was behind her. He looked harmless and quiet enough for me to identify him as the Eric guy. I nodded at him.

 

"Come in, guys." I gestured their way in

 

"Oh yeah, Henry, this is Eric. Eric, Henry."
Amber introduced us to each other

 

"Sup." I said and he nodded. Yeah, you're competition to my eyes too, man.

 

"Oh yeah, dinner's ready. We can start rehearsing the song afterwards." I said as I led them towards the dining table.

 

---

 

"This is some good stuff, man."
Eric suddenly spoke up. Those were the first few words he's ever said to me since he got here. 
"Thanks. Amber told me this is her favorite, so I made some for you guys." I smiled at him

 

"Oh, I see..." he looked at Amber who was seated in front of him and for a second I thought he glared at her.
Amber almost sank in her seat at the very visible tension building up in the dining room.

 

"So..." Amber clasped her hands together
Eric and I were quick to look to her direction
Obviously we were dying for her to speak up and break the barrier of awkwardness and silence.

 

"Uhh... Eric, Henry is a composer and--"
"Yeah, you've mentioned that." Eric cut into her sentence then placed a spoonful of food into his mouth

 

"Oh... well, Henry, Eric is a free-lance singer."

 

I just nodded. The guy was practically slitting my throat with his daggers, the way he looks at me.
Hey I didn't do anything to you yet.

 

Amber couldn't bare with the tension in the room and as if it would make things better, she left the dining room.

 

"Uh, I'm just gonna goooo... Toilet's this way right? I'll be back" 
And with that, she fled

 

WHY

 

The barrier of awkwardness I mentioned earlier? Just turned into the Great Wall.

 

"So..." Eric starts speaking and my nerves tense up a bit.
"Did she do good?"

 

I almost spit out the ddeokbokki I was chewing
Wth

 

"WHAT?"

 

"I meant the song, oh my God... Did she do good with the song?"

 

"..."

 

"Dude, acting waaaay too guilty." He narrowed his eyes at me

 

Y u do dis?

 

"Oh... Yeah, she's a great writer. Never thought she had it in her..."

 

"You just made things sound dirtier after that reaction earlier. Don't worry, I won't invade your private moments." He continued fiddling with his food

 

"There aren't any intimate ones. Don't worry."

 

He smirked "just take good care of her. She's precious to me."

 

I nodded 
"I know... and you are to her as well."

 

That made him lift his head and he smiled a gentle smile.
"She's a very loving person."

 

The tension sort of died down

 

"I know you like her."

 

I choked on the food I was going to swallow as he said those words

 

Was I really that transparent??

 

Uh, yeah?

 

Shut up

 

Lol

 

"I-I well... Because--"

 

"It's okay." His smile was hurting yet kind

 

"You like her too, don't you?" It was my turn to ask him

 

"Well... you know how the saying goes. A girl and a boy could never remain friends. One of them should fall for the other at some point.
I am that one."

 

There was a silence after that that almost seemed like a very long time.

 

"The lyrics she showed me... and when she mentions your name... I never thought she'd fall for a stranger that fast."

 

My hand was trembling at the guilt I was feeling right now.

 

This guy and Amber have been through much more than I and her together.

 

He's in love with her. And she may be for him as well.

 

I should give up on her.

 

"You make her happy. At least, that's what I see. She's been very eager to sleep early just so she could wake up early the next day. Then she told me she jogs with a certain Henry. Later on she reveals this Henry was helping her in making the song. And then the song she said she 'wrote from the heart', all I can picture out is this Henry."

 

I have nothing to say.

 

"Guys! Can we I dunno... start practicing now?" Amber barges into the room.
Eric and I jumped a bit.

 

Why am I so confused now?


A/N: this was so shorrrt hahaha im sorry. *whines*

look at me whoo~ already towards the end and im out of ideas how to approach the ending haha *cries*

bear with me okay guys? :*