Dude

Just Wanna

[POV switch]

 

5:00am

I was up just in time before my alarm blared off my phone.

"Gotcha!" Just as the first note of my ringtone made a sound, I turned it off.

It was the fifth time I beat my alarm.

 

I've been lying on my stomach since 4:45am just waiting for my phone to make a sound.

I was wrapped up like a cocoon with my bed sheets as I hopped my way to my door, gradually unwrapping myself.

 

'You're losing your mochi cheeks'

I remember Eunhyuk oppa saying last week

 

I figured losing them might make me look a bit matured. I know I'd still look handsome.

 

In the middle of making my way to the kitchen for some hot coffee, the skinny guy with the cap crossed my mind.

The poor guy was shivering. He was wearing a thin shirt on a cold morning and yet was dying for some cold bubble tea. I felt he was desperate for some, so I had to jog back his way and bought one for him yesterday.

A smile crawls on my lip before I took a sip off my mug.

"Ah! Shhhhhh-"

My burnt tongue took the smile off my face.

 

Just then my alarm went off again.

5:15am

time to jog

---

My hot mug of coffee, abandoned.

---

[P O V Switch]

 

Here I go again, but this time I had a jacket on. I couldn't afford dying from the cold.

 

I saw his eyes again as I drank my cold coffee this morning. His eyes smiled at me once more. There's somethi--

 

Oh my gosh.

Just as I took the turn at the corner I saw his figure just in front of the tea shop.

I figured I should say hi and thank the guy for the bubble tea yesterday.

 

My hand was raised midway to say hi when the guy turned around.

 

wha-- It wasn't him.

My hand stopped and then just like what I do with high fives, I glided it through my hair. But my face had a huge grin.

I bet it looked like I was about to give him a big slap.

I my heel and started walking away as fast as I can.

 

*facepalm* I had to look over my shoulder to see his reaction.

WHY

 

He gave me a curious look, then flashed me a smile.

And that was when I realized. It was the same guy as yesterday.

*double facepalm*

 

It was the same familiar smile that makes his eyes almost disappear into cute slits like the ^_^ emoji.

 

"Hey, Bubble Tea Dude. Morning."

he greeted me.

"ha.. ha.. ei!" I slowly made my way back to him, raising my hand for a high five.

And as if he read my mind, we simultaneously glided our hands through the side of our heads.

"nice" he laughed.

 

Without more words we stretched and did some push ups on the pavement.

 

"so, you up to make your soul happy?"

He asked as I finished 40 pushes.

"About that, thanks for the bubble tea yesterday. And, yes. I'm up for it. This time, let me buy you one. To make things even."

He smiled and nodded.

---

"I'm Henry."

He transferred his cup of bubble tea to his left hand and reached his right to shake my hand.

His captivating smile revealed again.

"A-amber." I shook his cold hand.

"Amber, huh. Sounds like a girl's na--"

"Ah! Hahaha..." I interrupted

"I'm a girl. So, yeah."

Seems he's one of the people to mistake me as a dude.

"oh, I'm sorry" he blushed. A guilty look on his face.

"It's cool. Happens most of the time." I shrugged.

 

We were taking a stroll outside, on our ways home. The sun was starting to kiss everything in sight with its warmth.

 

We were walking beside eachother. And as we walked pass the foliaged sidewalk, the sunlight hit his face every now and then.

 

While I was there. Caught up at how beautiful he looked.

He looks really cool. Yet when he smiles, he's actually cute.

 

"You'll melt whatever is frozen, you know. haha stop staring."

he said, without looking at me.

"o-oh.. I was looking at your bubble tea. I thought I should've gotten the same flavor" I looked straight ahead, trying to convince him.

"Tomorrow, then." His smile was visible through my peripheral vision.

An invisible smile formed on the corner of my lip. "sure."

 

"I'm off this way" I said, pointing to a corner.

"See ya, Amber" He waved.

I jogged away.

 

Henry. He's got cute cheeks.