Delusions and Desires

Just Wanna
"Food's here." Henry patted my back before he turned around to answer the doorbell.
 
I went back to writing.
 
Hey now baby girl
Don't you know?
I'm ready for you
Now girl, what are you going to do?
 
My heart was pounding while I was writing.
 
This was getting embarrassing.
What if he'd be able to see the message behind my lyrics?
What do I do?
 
I mentally slapped myself.
 
I'll add more lyrics. Maybe I won't look so suspicious then.
 
Cut to the chase we don't have to play no games
The beating of my heart just tell me if you feel the same
 
....
Yeah... That didn't worsen the situation. At all.
 
I could ditch this writing from the heart concept lol
 
wait. no.
 
The ideas come faster this way.
 
BUT MY LYRICS! THEY'RE TOO TRANSPARENT!
 
Shut up! Eric needs this song a few days from now!
 
But Henry!
 
But Eric!
 
"Bon Appetit!"
 
"HOLY NOODLES!"
 
Henry caught me by surprise while I was having a dilemma mentally. I immediately crumpled the piece of paper and flicked it aside.
 
"Whoa, sorry for startling you... Anyway, food..." He handed over a bowl of ddeokbbokki
"Thanks..."
He smiled.
And I had all the reason to blush because I have finally admitted to myself that I had a crush on this kind, talented, handsome-- on Henry.
ahem
 
"A-anyway... I'll have to get going after I finish this."
I told him before eating a spoonful of ddeokbbokki
 
"Already?" His face, a look of concern visible.
 
"I-I mean yeah sure. And I hope you get on better terms with...."
 
"Eric."
 
"Eric... yeah..." He rubbed by back as if to comfort me.
 
"I hope so too... I hope he's not mad. I'll make it up to him tomorrow."
 
"So you won't come tomorrow?" Henry asked.
 
"Maybe not." I want to lol "Why'd you ask?"
 
"Well..." He rubbed the nape of his neck
"I dunno... Uhhh so I could order food in advance?"
 
"Oh... hahahaha" why can you not tell me you want to see me too?
 
shut up brain you're getting your hopes---
 
"I'd miss you yelling and tantrums tomorrow then." He casually said as he played with his food
 
"ha...ha... yeah... maybe..."
---
I finished my food and felt like I should do more coverage since I might not come tomorrow.
I told Henry I'd linger a bit more for coverage and so he'd be able to arrange the lyrics and compose the music while I won't be around. He said he'd be fine with it.
---
"That should do it. Aaaand we're done!" I raised my hands and stretched earning a few cracking sounds here and there.
 
"mmmph?" Henry also stretched from his sofa, gradually waking up.
"Congrats... What time is it?" His voice was still sleepy and se---
what the hell
 
"10pm" I checked my phone for the time
"wait, what??"
I had to check again to see if it really was that late at night
 
Not to mention it was raining cats and dogs outside.
Please no.
 
"Can I stay a bit longer until the rain... slows down?" My voice faded, feeling at least a bit embarrassed at my request.
 
"Why not? Hey, smile!"
Before I could react, snapped a photo using his polaroid camera he always kept in his drawer beside the sofa.
How did I know where he kept it? Well, er, I did snoop around from time to time... so yeah...
 
"Heeeey..."
Henry smiled as he fanned himself using the photo.
 
"Here ya go." He handed me the photo with me in a semi-startled look in it.
"In remembrance of when you completed your song. It's our tradition. When we get to finish a song, we take a memorabilia."
 
"T-thanks... You guys sound like you have a lot of fun when you're together..."
 
"Yeah, they're a rowdy bunch." He smiled.
 
---
 
(Henry's P.O.V.)
10:30 pm and Amber was still in my house.
She was so mentally drained that she fell asleep on my sofa.
 
It was still raining hard outside, I doubt Amber would still be able to go home.
 
I looked over to where her sleeping figure was.
Amber was curled up into a ball and it seems she was getting cold despite the air conditioner turned off.
 
Looking at her like this... She actually has very feminine features.
 
What am I thinking...Well... She really did catch my attention since that fateful day we met.
 
She was especially cute whenever the sun hits her eyes and she has to wince every now and then. The way her breath turns to fog every morning and her smile whenever she talks to me. She has been nothing but sunshine and positivity since I met her. It's like I took a time off away from the troubles of a mental block from composing to listen to great music that would inspire me enough to write a million songs. 
'To write from the heart'
I walked over to her work area to clean up the mug she used.
 
But something caught my eye.
It was a crumpled piece of paper on the very edge of the table at the verge of toppling down.
 
I picked it up and read it
 
Hey now baby girl
Don't you know?
I'm ready for you
Now girl, what are you going to do?
 
Cut to the chase we don't have to play no games
The beating of my heart just tell me if you feel the same
 
Yeah... Just tell me if you feel the same.
 
I have been with so many girls I never actually took seriously. But Amber... I don't know. She's something else. She's not mine yet, but there are already a lot of possibilities that come to my mind when I think of her.
 
Would she make me coffee if she did live here? Would she huddle up like a ball beside me if she felt cold? Would she wince like she does whenever I open the curtains every morning?
 
I can't even tell her all these since we practically have just met. I don't wanna surprise her much more turn things awkward for the both of us.
 
Because of her, my mornings mean more. I look forward to meeting her ever since I met her. Even before I found out she was actually a girl.
 
Even if it might not be me who inspires her in writing, I'd like to at least reach out to her. Especially this time that she and Eric are in a cold war that no one knows the cause.
 
I went in my room to fetch a blanket and returned to the studio to drape the blanket on her body. She smiled with her eyes closed and I immediately reached for the drawer beside me.
The squeaky wheels on the drawer made her stir a bit.
I took the opportunity to snap a photo of her sleeping figure and hid the photo in my jacket along with the folded piece of crumpled paper.
 
I turned to the table and began scribbling things I wanted to tell Amber and added the lyrics she made. I was going to start with the music the next day.
This is going to be her song.
Eric's the one to sing this.
But this song is all about her.

a/n: augh. look at how cheesy Henry is. I had to cringe once in a while while writing this on my way to school HAHAHA anyway YAY! just finished an exam so yeaaah... update. this story's almost ending tho lol please bear with me and my laaaziness 

til next time :)