Polaroid Photos

Just Wanna

(Amber's P.O.V.)
"mmpphh..." I stretched trying to shake away the drowsiness from me.
I woke up to the sound of my 4:30am alarm.
With one eye open I reached for my phone which was emitting the alarm over my head on the table.

 

After I turned it off things started to register into my brain.

 

wait. Why am I on a couch?

 

I shot up to realize I was still at Henry's!

 

Holy... I spent the night here...

 

I stood up and groggily walked over to the door.

 

It was still dark in the hallway and I was scared. Not because of the dark but because of the fact that I was still in this house.

 

When I found out Henry was nowhere to be found, probably still asleep I started to make my way to the main door.

 

"Morning..." A sleepy voice came from behind me.
I turned around to the sight of Henry with bed hair.
"I was going to check on you to see if you've woken up. I see you have..."

 

"Uhh... I was going to go home... My dogs... If that's okay with you." 
"Oh... I was going to make us coffee. But yeah, it's cool." His voice was a bit disappointed or was he just sleepy, I dunno.

 

"Uh... Is it okay if Eric and I come over for us to rehearse the song?"
He smiled kindly "Sure."

 

"I'll be going then. Thanks for letting me stay for the night." I smiled at him and he nodded, waved goodbye as I exited his mansion of a house.

 

I stared at the polaroid photo of my startled face as I walked my way home. I can't believe I finally finished Eric's song. It felt so nice and I was very ready to face him and tell him about the good news.

 

I wasn't able to wait any longer and decided to send him a text

 

To: Eric

 

I finished the song. Let's meet up later.

 

message sent

 

I sighed a contented sigh as I put the photo and phone in my pocket.

 

---

 

(Henry's P.O.V.)

 

Amber left early in the morning today. But she'll be back with Eric later probably for rehearsals since we had finished the song already.

 

I was folding the sheets she used in my studio. Her scent still lingered as the blanket blew gusts of air by my nostrils and I had to take it all in deeply.

 

buzz

 

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and read a text from Donghae hyung

 

We're coming over for a bit. Gonna drive by your town. Just gonna visit to see how you're doing.

 

Ah, great.

 

I looked around and saw that the place was a mess. I quickly tidied the place up just in time Donghae and Eunhyuk hyung arrived when I finished.

 

"HENLEEEEH!" Donghae hyung locked me in his arms in what he calls "hugging" and Eunhyuk hyung calls "suffocating."

 

"Yo!" Eunhyuk hyung steps in gently tapping Donghae initially but when he didn't let go, started dragging him away from me.

 

I quickly arranged my jacket once the Donghae was detached from my body.

 

"Jeez I miss you guys, too but that was too much."

 

"Omo~" Donghae hyung picks something up from the floor

 

"Is that... ohohoooo~" Eunhyuk hyung leans in closer to Donghae as he covers his mouth while smiling almost squealing.

 

They found Amber's polaroid photo while she was sleeping.

 

"H-hey..." I tried grabbing it away from him but my attempt was unsuccessful.

 

"Who's thiiiis~?" they said in chorus

 

"She asked for my help in making a song..."

 

"Oh really... So how's the song doing? Kicking in her tummy already? Or does it still look like a lizard version of you?" Eunhyuk slapped Donghae's back laughing at Donghae's remark.

 

I didn't know how to react. Be mad because they were making a big deal out of it? Or smile because I like the ide--

 

"Henry, you look constipated." 
"Yah, Eunhyuk, our mochi is going to faint!"

 

"Hyungs, shut up! I'm not sleeping with her. We were making a song for her friend!"

 

"Henry ah... Calm down." Donghae was holding me back and I noticed my body was leaned forward.

 

"ahem... defensive"

 

"Eunhyukkie~"

 

"Okay okay. Just kidding. Anyway, ya got food? The car trip was kinda long and we're starving."

 

I gestured towards the kitchen with my thumb 
"Fridge."

 

The whole while they were there it was nothing but chaos and Amber's picture was constantly passed around and crumpled at the edges.

 

I was quick to confiscate it when I finally was able to reach it.

 

"Yah... Aren't you both gonna leave?" I raised the photo "This person is coming over!"

 

"Omoooo~ Can we meet her?" Donghae clasped his hands together and tilted his head like a delighted little girl at the sight of bunnies

 

"NO. She'll be bringing her friend over. I don't want the two of you to ruin this for us."

 

"He clearly likes her." Eunhyuk whispered but his voice was loud and clear.

 

"So what if I d--" my words trailed off

 

"This is your chance Henleh ah. Ask her out. You need a break from all... this." Donghae gestured towards the wall full of polaroid photos of my accomplishments.

 

I told them maybe I would confess one of these days if ever I wouldn't be able to get a hold of myself.
I also told them she has become my inspiration and somewhat motivation to go out and jog in the morning, learning to love hot coffee and writing songs

 

"But I'm afraid it's all unrequited."
Donghae and Eunhyuk's faces shifted from excited to dismayed after I said that.

 

"This person she's going to give a song to is her really close friend. Of course their bond has been longer than ours. And I think I'm just nothing but someone who's helping her."

 

"Henry, if you confess sooner than that guy, you might change her mind and win her heart." Eunhyuk grabbed my shoulders

 

"Dingus, as if it's that easy" Donghae hammered Eunhyuk's head with a polaroid photo of him and Eunhyuk. It was a photo he was looking at and removed from the wall.

 

The photo was taken by me after they finished their first song.

 

"Awww, I remember this photo. It was the first song we finished together" Donghae made a kissy face to Eunhyuk and the other party was quick to plant a palm right there on Donghae's lips
"Yah."

 

"I don't know 'bout you guys, but it's getting late and you're all lovey-dovey and I'm conflicted and the girl I like and my potential rival are coming." 
I was shoving them to the door.
"And give me that!" I confiscated the polaroid photo and pinned it back on the wall.

 

"Alright, alright. Sheesh." Donghae's arms were in the air signifying surrender

 

"Just remember... Confess sooner" Eunhyuk gave me a sly wink before they went out and shut the door.

 

The car's ignition was heard and it slowly faded.

 

yeah, goodbye.

 

Great. As if I can do that.
God, I'm so pressured right now.

 

---

 

from: Amber
4:34 pm

 

Eric and I made up :)
we're coming over in a few

 

to: Amber
4:35 pm

 

I'll make dinner. see you later <3

 

-----
I'll make dinner. see you later <|
----

 

I'll make dinner. see you later |
----

 

I'll make dinner. see you guys later ^_^

 

sent

 

*sigh*


a/n: been a while hasn't it? haha ayway... yeah. this story's coming to a close soon ^_^

brb soon.