Lyrics and Feelings

Just Wanna

"What if it's about some star crossed sad love song?"
I turned to Henry only to find out he fell asleep after maybe an hour of thinking.

 

"Oh... Great."

I finally picked the pen up and was able to let it touch and write on the paper.

 

I should have took the chance
I should've asked for you to stay

 

"There..."
...
...
...
"And that's it."
...
...
"THAT'S IT??"

 

Once more I slammed my forehead on the desk.
Hard.

 

Henry woke up, startled at the sound of wood and my forehead.

 

"Yoooo~ You tryin' to kill me in my sleep? Jeez~" He said in a groggy voice and I didn't know how to react.
To laugh at how pathetic(ally cute) he looked and sounded or to cry because of my pathetic existence and because of the regret I felt for taking up this responsibility.

 

"Mmmhh.. You okay? You look... consti...pated...." Henry rubbed his eyes, wiping away the sleepiness.

 

"I'm not."

 

"Constipated?"

 

"I'm not okay."

 

"Okay. You should've told me. The bathroom's over th--" He pointed over his head towards the door by the booth

 

"I'm not constipated as well..."

 

"Oh... So what's up?"

 

"I. JUST. CAN'T. THINK. OF. ANYTHING!"

 

"You can not scream though. Anyway, I'll try and add some lyrics if I get some ideas later on. I got junkfood in the kitchen if you want something to nibble on."

 

I tilted my head at Henry's lying figure.

 

"You're surprisingly welcoming and open to anyone in your house." I told him

 

"I invite friends over from time to time. It gets lonely here. And we make music here for fun sometimes." he explained.

 

"That's a cool hobby for a group of people."

 

"What do you do for a living?" It was his turn to ask me.

 

I told him about Vic, Luna, Sulli and Krystal and how some of us were part-time models and performers at smalltime venues.

 

"You sing? And dance?'" He sat up, looking quite amazed.

 

"And rap." I added.

 

"Damn, girllll"
We laughed at his reaction.

 

"You're really talented, then. You're just out of ideas what to write." He winked.

 

"I know right?" I sulked in my seat.

 

He walked over to where I was and examined the piece of paper with few words in it.

 

"Well..." He began "At least it's not blank anymore."

 

"What time is it?" I looked around searching for a clock.

 

"5pm" He said as he glanced on his phone

 

"What?" I almost fell from my seat

 

"I said 5pm"

 

"Oh gosh. I need to get home and feed my dogs. Anyway," I picked up my cap from the table "thanks for having me here. I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Uhh... Yeah. Sure. No problem."

 

"Bye." I made my way to the studio's door.

 

"Take care." was what I heard before I closed the door"

 

---

 

"I'm home!" Jackjack and Gongju ran towards me while I took my shoes off.
"Did you guys miss... me?"
My voice trailed off when I saw a neon pink Post-it stuck on my shoe rack.

 

Surprised I didn't notice this earlier.

 

Left the other noodles in your cabinet while you were asleep so you don't have to go out to buy dinner. Good luck on writing, Am.
-Eric ^_^v

 

I felt even more guilty for sleeping on him when I could've just talked to him about his song and what he'd like it to be about.

 

I thought he'd get angry and yet he left me food. 
OMG THANK YOU ERIC

 

---

 

"See ya." I waved good bye to Henry as I made my turn towards my apartment after a jog.

 

"Dude, wipe that smile away. You look kinda stupid."

 

My eyes left the ground to see Eric carrying a white plastic bag with a pair of instant noodles.

 

"Whoa! Eric! Dude, what are you doing here?"

 

"I was on my way to your apartment. Brought you breakfast." He lifted the plastic bag to my sight.

 

"..."

 

"Yah, and who was that guy? You smitten with him?" His tone sort of aggressive.

 

"Hey, dude, chill. He's Henry. And he's going to help me with your song."

 

"You were smiling by yourself though."

 

I tried to suppress another incoming smile as I explained
"Can't I smile?"

 

"Hey, it's okay if you get into a relationship but you could've at least told me-- us or something."

 

"Eric, You're acting weird."

 

"Am I? I'm not the one missing out on everybody's lives these past few days."

 

"..."

 

"I-I'm sorry... Anyway, I brought these for you." He handed me the plastic bag
"I need to go. Good luck."

 

What the...

 

---

 

"I don't get it."

 

"Well... Maybe he misses you." Henry put down a mug of coffee beside me.

 

"But I just spent time with him! And he asked me to write him a song. Of course we'd hardly see each other." I shot up from my seat and banged the table.

 

"Whoa... Relax" He massaged my shoulders as he made me sit back down.

 

"I'm sorry..." I took a sip off the mug.
"I just don't like seeing him like this. It's so not like him."

 

It was already 6pm and I was still at Henry's. He ordered take out food for dinner. And on the bright side I made progress on the lyrics.
Basically it was about someone who failed to confess to a high school crush until they graduated.
Pretty tragic lyrics. But my head was fuming right now because I was bothered by Eric's actions this morning, so I gained a lot of ideas for lyrics. The song was about regret and all.

 

And it gets me down 
the unsaid words that still remain 
The story ended without even starting

 

"We're finally halfway done."
Henry said from behind me. Watching me write the lyrics.

 

I scratched out the lyrics I just wrote. This won't work I don't want to stay angry at Eric.

 

And it gets me down 
the unsaid words that still remain 
The story ended without even starting

 

"Wha-- Why'd you do that??" Henry asked

 

"I'm fine now. I let out my feelings. That was it. I'm over it. Maybe Eric was just tired and missed me. I understand."

 

"Ooookaaay?"

 

"That was just an outlet to get all this anger out.

I'll start over."

 

"I'll write from my heart this time."
I smiled at Henry. He blinked a few times and smiled back.

 

(A few hours ago)
Krystal: 'you soooo have a crush on Henry.'

 

Me: 'LOL no? maybe? actually no.'

 

Krystal insisted that I was developing feelings for Henry after I sent the girls a stolen photo of Henry while stretching that morning.

 

Luna: 'Why'd you take that kind of photo, then?'

 

Me: 'Well, I thought you guys would like to see what he looks like.'

 

Victoria: 'It didn't have to seem like a stalker photo though.'

 

Sulli: 'Hyung! you ert! I know why... Because he's got dem muscles'

 

Me: 'WTH Ssul! I am NOT.'

 

Krystal: 'The song that Eric wanted you to compose....'

 

Me: 'What about it?'

 

Krystal: 'If you're still bothered by him. You can write your feelings through the song.'

 

Luna: 'It'd sound like an anger song then...'

 

Sulli'OmoooHyung's true feelings through song~"

 

Victoria: 'What if you write about how you feel for Henry? If you can't tell us directly, Then write it through song.'

 

Me: 'Omg that sounds like a great idea. Since Eric's voice fits love song ballads so well"
       'wait. No.'
        'Omg did I just...'

 

Their replies came all at once.

 

'CONFIRMED'

 

Me: 'what? can't I have a crush on a totally handsome and talented guy like him?'

 

WAIT. NO. WAIT.

 

I was going to erase what I typed in when I pressed the send button out of panic.

 

Mother of Eric Nam's noodles, help me.


a/n: i wanted to use silly usernames for the f(x) members but i'm too lazy fo dat lol

luna would be cinnamonvitamin... see how lame i am in making up names? ugh. you guys might wanna suggest and i'll edit this out :)

in other news lol f(x) comeback in september! whee~ we can skip my birthday, LET'S GO SEPTEMBER xD anyway, i might not be able to update for a while... again. student stuff. *whines* 

this was a long a/n lol anyway thaaanks so much for your reviews. and i will be back :D <3