Mental Breakdown

Stay With Me, Because We Belong Together

All that time during dinner, Chaerin was actually in contact with Hanna. Hanna who was at home at that time Jiyong opened the letter, literally had a live update on what was happening during the dinner. Even at home, she was so nervous she was not herself at all. She started trembling all over, unable to write properly. Even as she spoke, her voice quivered so much. She was so glad she was at home alone that evening, so that her family wouldn’t be able to see her like that.

 

The moment Jiyong and Chaerin split, both Jiyong and Chaerin texted Hanna simultaneously.

 

Text from Chaerin: We just finished dinner. Going home now. Did he text you?

Text from Jiyong: We need to talk. Can I call you? Or skype.

 

Hanna was really taken aback by Jiyong’s text. Though she knew given Jiyong’s character, Jiyong would definitely want to trash things out and make things clear, for he wasn’t one to let a girl live in a fantasy if it would hurt her. She shivered even more after Jiyong texted her. She then texted both Jiyong and Chaerin, holding a conversation with both of them at the same time:

 

Hanna: Do we really have to?

Jiyong: Yes we have to.

Hanna: Can we please not?

Jiyong: No. We really need to talk. I’ll call you later when I get home.

 

Hanna:  YES HE DID. OH MY GOD he says he wants to talk.

Chaerin: Well then, talk to him. You can’t run away from him forever.

Hanna: I know I can’t run away from him but I really can’t do it tonight. CAN YOU PLEASE HURRY HOME AND REACH HOME BEFORE HE DOES AND CALL ME SO THAT HE WON’T BE ABLE TO CALL ME. PLEASE.

Chaerin: Oh alright alright. I’m reaching home already. Relax okay?

Hanna: I’m trying to. I’m listening to all my favourite songs and trying to jam to them to calm myself down. BUT IT’S NOT WORKING. I’m shivering so much. I’ve never felt so cold in my entire life.

 

Just at this moment, Chaerin reached home and she immediately picked up her phone to call Hanna. She was really worried about how Hanna was doing.

 

Chaerin: Hanna-yah, calm down, don’t panic. Everything is going to be alright.

Hanna: I CAN’T! I feel like I’m having an anxiety attack.

Chaerin: Relax, he can’t call you anymore. I’m on a call with you right now remember? He won’t be able to get you don’t worry. Please just calm down.

Hanna: O-okay…

Chaerin: Do you want me to tell him to call you tomorrow or something?

Hanna: Yes please. I really don’t think I’m ready to go through with the talk tonight.

Chaerin: Okay, I’ll text him right now.

Chaerin: *a few moments later* Okay, I just texted him and he said you guys will talk tomorrow. Don’t worry too much okay. Everything will be just fine. Just go and sleep soon okay?

Hanna: Okay…Thanks Chaerin for always being there for me. Really. You have no idea how grateful I am to you.

Chaerin: I know. Now, be a good kid and sleep.

Hanna: Okay, goodnight Chaerin.

 

Chaerin heaved a sigh of relief when her mission as messenger between Jiyong and Hanna concluded. It wasn’t easy seeing two people who mattered so much to her grapple with what was going on. Furthermore, she was feeling something so intense inside that it had such potential to make the current situation just crumble for real. Chaerin was always in a dilemma about what she should do. She felt like she should not be hiding anything from Jiyong and Hanna, yet she was so afraid for Hanna.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The next day in school, Hanna tried at all costs to avoid Jiyong. She simply had no idea how to face Jiyong ever since knowing he had read the letter. Now that he knows that she likes him, Hanna was really afraid of how Jiyong would react. She successfully made it through the day, going to lessons just when the bell goes and leaving immediately when the lesson ends, giving Jiyong no chance to confront her face to face on this issue. Even when school ended, Hanna gave a pass on her daily study date with Jiyong to rush home and be alone. At this point in time, Hanna felt like all she wanted was to be alone, and she refused to speak to anyone. Everyone around her could tell she was out of sorts: she was not the usual bubbly and positive Hanna who laughed at everything.

 

That night, Jiyong initiated a conversation with Hanna via text:

Jiyong: Hey

Hanna: Erm. Hi

Jiyong: What are you doing right now?

Hanna: Oh erm nothing much. Just listening to music.

Jiyong: Well okay then. Are you ready to talk?

Hanna: I guess. I don’t have much of a choice do I.

Jiyong: Indeed you don’t. Hang on. I’ll ring you up.

 

With Jiyong’s final text, Hanna tensed up. As much as she already knew Jiyong’s answer deep down, she did not want to hear it for herself. She had no idea how to go through unprecedented event in her life. Just when she was breathing in and out heavily to calm herself down, her phone started ringing. ‘Jiyong-oppa’ was flashed on the screen, along with a selca Jiyong took with her phone as his contact picture on her phone. She picked up the call weakly:

 

Hanna: H-hello?

Jiyong: Hanna?

Hanna: Yeah. Erm. Hi. So. Now what?

Jiyong: Erm, do you want to start talking about it?

Hanna: Okay.

Jiyong: You know my answer right?

Hanna: …

Jiyong: Hanna?

Hanna: Yeah, I guess I do.

Jiyong: Well then basically I wanted to talk to you is to find out what you want to do. I mean, I would follow whatever you want me to do so I’m asking.

Hanna: Erm. I have no idea what I want to do.

Jiyong: Give it some thought. Do you need some time apart from each other? Or do you want me to just take it as though nothing ever happened and remain status quo? Whatever way you choose, I will follow I promise.

Hanna: …I guess take it as though nothing ever happened and remain status quo then.

Jiyong: Okay then. But of course, everything cannot go back to exactly how it was in the past, you understand that part right?

Hanna: Yeah, I do.

 

Though at this point, Hanna had already started to silently tear up. From the moment she started writing her confession letter, all she wanted was to have at least the three of them being exactly like how they were before. But she winced at Jiyong’s words; “everything cannot go back to exactly how it was in the past”. Knowing that things have definitely changed between them was more heart-wrenching to her than rejection. But of course, she tried her best to not let her own voice betray her feelings. But Jiyong knew her too well.

 

Jiyong: Are you crying?

Hanna: No I’m not. Why would I when I knew your answer all this while hahaha I just didn’t want to hide the truth from you.

Jiyong: Well I’m glad you’re okay then. That’s a huge load off our chests.

Hanna: Yeah hahaha so now what?

Jiyong: Oh let me tell you about this guy in school. He is such an annoying idiot, do you have any idea what he did---

 

With that, Jiyong and Hanna carried on chatting till almost 2am in the morning, just like how they used to be, but things were no longer the same.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: HI EVERYONE! Rather length update today and I'm really sorry there's nothing much on Chaerin in this chapter! But don't worry, Chaerin's focus is coming soon! Sorry if you guys are kind of turned off by how draggy or lengthy it is but I'm following what happened in my life so 'll try to keep as close to it as possible (except the ending of course! That's the ending I want to happen but that will come later :D). THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ MY STORY AND PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE! :)