Who You? It's Gotta Be You

Stay With Me, Because We Belong Together

Author's Note: HI MY LOVELY READERS. The last chapter is finally here! Just wanted to say that although BIGBANG and 2NE1 are not entertainers and part of the YG Family, the YG Family still exists, just that no BIGBANG and 2NE1 as recording artists. Read this final chapter to find out why I say this hehe *winks*

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

3 months since Hanna had left. Some things have changed, some things have not.

 

News of Jiyong and Chaerin’s relationship had spread through the school like wildfire and they were now no different from the school campus couple. Any student you asked in school knew who they were, or even where they always hang out. Coincidentally, or not, the place they always hanged out together was the same place the Iron Triangle always was when Hanna was still around.

 

Jiyong and Chaerin had just finished a week of tests, the last test being first thing in the morning before their break. During their break, both of them were eating some snacks and talking over some drinks, talking about anything under the sun and sharing how their week had been.

 

Chaerin: The test was so hard, like oh my god. I wonder if the teachers actually want us to pass or fail.

Jiyong: I know right. But oh wells, I know I will do well anyway. Oh please I’m the almighty Kwon Jiyong *flashes his gummy smile full of pride*

Chaerin: *smacks Jiyong’s head* Full of rubbish aren’t you HAHAHA.

 

Chaerin paused for a few moments, while Jiyong who was still soothing the area Chaerin had hit him peered over at her.

 

Chaerin: *sigh* At times like this, I really start missing Hanna. The times she would always tell us *imitating Hanna* “Oh wells the test is over. Not like we can do anything about it so forget about it! Worry when results come out.” I really miss that girl. Where on earth has she been. She doesn’t even update her social media, nor replies our texts.

Jiyong: I know right. I miss her too. I wonder if she has been well, and whether she got over everything, and smiling like she used to, smiling and laughing at everything. She was just like our booster and I couldn’t imagine life without her. Now that I have, it always feels a little empty.

*school bell rings*

Chaerin: *taking Jiyong by his arm* C’mon let’s go to class. I’m sure Hanna knows what our hearts are.

*the school broadcast sounds*

Teacher: Dear students of Classes 11-3, 11-4, 11-5 and 11-7, please head to the Auditorium for your vocal lessons now. Thank you.

*school broadcast ends*

Jiyong: The Auditorium? I wonder if something’s going on today. Maybe they invited some singer for our lesson today.

Chaerin: Maybe. Let’s go then.

 

Jiyong and Chaerin made their way to the Auditorium, their hearts still a little heavy at the thought of Hanna.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Okay students, please sit at the seats near the bottom and centre. No need to go too far, there are only that many of you here. Settle down!” Mdm Choi, their vocal teacher’s voice shrilling through the Auditorium the moment Jiyong and Chaerin entered.

 

Students all arrived in files, not knowing what was going to happen. There were still chatters coming from the students when all had arrived, until Mdm Choi took the microphone in her hands. “Okay students, settle down. Today, we have a new student joining us. Strictly speaking, she is not a new transfer student; you will get what I mean later. So then, since it’s vocal lessons now, I told her to prepare a performance for all of you today as her arrival gift to all of you. She also brought a guest performer along, and some of you may be glad to see them. Without further ado, let’s welcome her on stage!”

 

The melody of HISUHYUN’s ‘I’m Different’ featuring Bobby of iKon started playing throughout the Auditorium. Jiyong and Chaerin were not paying close attention to the performance and were caught up in their own thoughts. That was until they heard the soulful voice that started singing.

 

Come on baby

Stop hesitating, hurry and come into me

Monday to Friday, I’ll show you a new world

I’ll stop the tears in your heart, don’t play me

 

This voice. The instant thought Jiyong and Chaerin had. They turned to look at each other, both knowing what each other was thinking. They then started craning their necks to look at the stage, finding the owner of this voice.

 

A girl like me is not so common

I’m different, I’m special

Don’t compare me with other girls

I’m different, I’m special

 

Both of their eyes followed the image of the singer on stage, and they rested on her face. Moon Hanna. Hanna was standing on that stage, in Seoul Arts High School, right in front of Kwon Jiyong and Lee Chaerin. Jiyong and Chaerin were not expecting this, and given that they were just thinking about her again before this period, they were utterly speechless at what they were looking at.

 

They continued watching Hanna’s performance intently, each not speaking a word and had full concentration on her performance. Then, Hanna was scanning the crowd as she learnt during her trainee period in YG Entertainment for the past 3 months, taking part in YG Family concerts. She caught the eye of two pairs of eyes that looked so familiar, and were staring at her as if they were trying to create a hole right in her face. She recognized those two pairs of eyes, smiling even wider than she already was and focused her sight on them, making them her audience focal point.

 

Even if the world is deep and wide

Even if there’s a lot of things to do

Without you it’s nothing

Get it get it, get it get it

 

A male voice emerged from behind the curtains and started rapping, his smoky and husky voice captivating the audience and his fellow performer. The owner of this voice exchanged lines of the song with his fellow performer, as if they were having a conversation.

 

Sorry for being confusing, babe

 

It’s all the same, same

 

Well if you don’t like it, why don’t you leave?

 

Ain’t that what you want

Ain’t that what you want

 

All girls are the same

I’m a poacher and you’re all foxes

Bet you never seen an arrow like me

With just one wink

I live in your heart, right?

 

With that, Hanna and Bobby of iKon wrapped up the performance. Hanna had such a brilliant smile plastered on her face. She had been nervous for days about this performance when Mdm Choi asked it of her. She was relieved she managed to deliver a decent performance in front of her school mates. After the audience had stopped clapping, she brought the microphone close to her lips and she began to introduce herself.

 

Hanna: Hi everyone, I’m Hanna from Class 11-3! I’m not exactly a new transfer student, but just a student who just came back from her leave of absence. I miss everyone! And today with me, I brought my friend along with me to deliver this performance. Introduce yourself!

Bobby: A-yo what’s up, my name’s Bobby, and I’m a rapper of iKon. If you didn’t know me, now you know.

 

The audience started cheering, for iKon was a rather well-known group among teenagers, hence knowing who exactly Bobby was. Mdm Choi once again went up on stage to speak. “Now, now, now students. Calm down, all of you fangirls. Today’s lesson will be more hands-on. Mainly, you guys will be doing impromptu performances. As much as possible, Hanna and Bobby will be on stage to join you guys for the impromptu performance if any of you wish to engage their help. I’ll be keeping track of who performs and I hope everyone has a go at it, is that alright?”

 

Students started getting excited, especially those who were fangirls of Bobby. The thought of sharing the same stage as him was a dream they all shared. Seeing their reaction backstage, Hanna only laughed while Bobby pouted.

 

Bobby: I can’t believe you’re laughing when your boyfriend is about to get clawed at by his fangirls.

Hanna: Well I was once like them as well, so I understand them completely. Go on and provide them with some fan-service okay. *laughs*

Bobby: Fine then, don’t you get jealous with the way I perform with them.

 

Bobby pecked Hanna’s forehead behind the safety of the curtains and went out onto stage again with a smirk, tending to the calls of his fangirls. Hanna only laughed again and thought to herself: How much I missed this place. 3 months felt like 3 years to me.

 

“Yah Moon Hanna. Hannie!” Hanna was closing her eyes, relishing in the atmosphere of her high school when she heard two familiar voices calling her. Opening her eyes, it was like a dream seeing Jiyong and Chaerin again, together at that, made the moment even more magical for her. Her lips inched closer to her ears as a wide smile formed on her face. How much she missed these two people.

 

Hanna: Yah Jiyong-ah, Chaerin-ah!

Chaerin: Aish yah, are we friends or not huh, how can you disappear for 3 months and not even contact us at all?!

Jiyong: Not to mention not telling us about your stint at YG Entertainment. You better fill us in right now or we’re not letting you go okay.

Hanna: I get it I get it okay. So, it started when…

 

*flashback #1*

“Hanna, there’s a letter for you in the mail today. I’ve left it on your table. There’s a logo on the envelope that looks really familiar but I just can’t remember where I saw it.” Hanna’s omma told her the moment she stepped into the house after school one afternoon.

 

Hanna wearily walked into her bedroom and closed the door behind her. She threw her bag on her chair and picked up the thin and sleek envelope placed on her table. Her eyes opened wide when she saw the envelope. YG Entertainment.

 

She gingerly opened the black, sleek envelope and read the letter contained inside. Her eyes followed each and every line on the letter and she could only screech in happiness when she finished reading the letter, taking all her fatigue away. She could only do silent somersaults in her room and scream to herself: Holy crap I got accepted into YG’s trainee program?! WHAT DO I DO NOW. They said they like my singing and demos that I wrote! They even said they would highly consider debuting me as an artist if I performed well during the trainee program?! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!

 

She was b with excitement until she realized she would have to apply for leave of absence from her school to attend the trainee program. That also meant she had to be away from the Iron Triangle, Eunyoung, Siyeon and Manseol. She shivered at the thought, thinking of that whole new world without them. Then, she started worrying about what she would do with the Iron Triangle since she could not be with them every day now. She was determined to solve it before she goes, or at least attempt at it.

*end of flashback #1*

 

Jiyong: Really? I don’t believe you seriously. How can you keep everything from us like that? Oh gosh you. URGH.

Chaerin: Yah! Are you sure we are friends or not. Why did you not tell us in that instant you found out?!

Hanna: *laughs* I’m sorry guys…if you didn’t know then, now you know hahaha.

Chaerin: That line…it’s what that rapper, Bobby said just now right? You’re close to him? How come out of the so many artists you met in YG you bring only him huh. What’s your relationship with him? Spill the beans girl.

Jiyong: You what? Yah! You got a new guy and you didn’t even tell us again?! Some kind of friend you are pfft.

Hanna: Hahahaha aww c’mon my best-est friends don’t seethe with anger or you guys are going to get wrinkles. I’ll tell you, I’ll tell you okay.

 

*flashback #2*

It was Hanna’s first day at YG and she was feeling really nervous. Although she had gained access to YG’s main building, she did not know where to head to. She was staring at the amazing displays in the building when someone bumped into her really hard, causing her to land on her bum.

 

Hanna: Ouch!

Stranger: Oh! I’m so sorry! Didn’t see you as I was in a rush. Here, let me help you up.

 

This stranger held his hand out for Hanna to grab and get up on her feet. Such a gentleman this guy is, thought Hanna. The moment her face was at the same level as his, well almost since he was taller than her by at least half a head, the stranger flashed Hanna his signature eye smile.

 

Stranger: Hi, I’m Bobby, one of the rappers of iKon, though I would rather you call me Jiwon. You’re younger than me right? Guess I would be expecting you to address me as oppa then. *chuckles*

 

Hanna was about to faint from his charm. He was so cute, yet so cool at the same time. He was dressed in a loose black tank top and basketball shorts, with a cap to top off his fashion. Hanna was in awe of this charismatic guy standing in front of her, forgetting for a moment why she was even standing in the YG Building.

 

Hanna: Hi, I’m Hanna. I came today as I have been accepted for the YG trainee program. May I know where the President’s office is?

 

Bobby was also attracted to Hanna at first glance. Though Hanna wasn’t model material, the first impression she left on people was one that was amicable, warm and your typical girl-next-door with her own unique charm. His mouth was left almost agape, but he caught himself just in time before Hanna noticed anything.

 

With both Bobby and Hanna having brewing feelings towards each other, both expected some new exciting times in their lives.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It had been two weeks since Hanna had joined YG and she had been put on killer training to get her prepared to join the rest of YG Family at their concerts. She was starting to feel the stress, pressure and exhaustion. Furthermore, she was missing her time in school, her friends, the Iron Triangle. The more tired she was, the more frustrated she got. Her mind was constantly preoccupied with the Iron Triangle, wondering how things between Jiyong and Chaerin were progressing, whether they were taking her departure fine. All these worries were pushing her to her very limits and she was about to suffer from a mental breakdown.

 

At this time, Bobby was curious about what Hanna had been up to, hence buying some snacks and energy drinks to share with her while taking a break from his own practice. He arrived in front of her dance studio and saw her sobbing through the glass door. He was taken aback and rushed into the dance studio to find out what had happened.

 

Bobby: Hanna-yah! Are you okay? Why are you crying? Are you hurt anywhere?

Hanna: Ji-jiwon-oppa… It’s nothing, I’m fine. I just…I just feel really tired and stressed out by everything, stuff other than practice. I’ll be fine, I just need some time alone.

Bobby: Hanna, look at me. *holding her face in between his hands* I’ll always be here to listen to your troubles. And we can start by you sharing your worries with me. So. Tell me now, I’ve got some snacks and drinks, and am all ready for a story.

 

Hanna swallowed some of her sobs and started telling her story to Bobby. It was hard retelling the whole story to another person, especially when she had been trying so hard to put everything behind her even though it wasn’t very successful at the moment. She even started tearing up at some points of the story. It was really emotional for her.

 

When Bobby heard the whole story, he was shocked at how strong Hanna was to go through all these on her own all this time, even coming here to train to become an idol. He had full admiration for her, yet he felt bad for her and told himself: I will not let her get hurt anymore, or shed anymore tears. I will protect her from now on.

*end of flashback #2*

 

Jiyong: Ahhh oh, so both of you are together now? *gives a sly smirk*

Chaerin: Awww, he’s so sweet though.

Hanna: Yeah, I guess. If it wasn’t for him, I probably would have given up at YG, and by now still be wallowing in despair. It’s all thanks to him I’m back on my feet again.

Chaerin: Awww someone’s really attached to her boyfriend now eh? *laughts*

Hanna: Excuse me, so are you. Who was the one who had to send me a photograph of her and her boyfriend when they got back together huh huh huh.

Jiyong: So you did see that message. WHY DID YOU NOT REPLY AT ALL THEN.

 

The Iron Triangle carried on chatting and joking around together backstage as the other students held impromptu performances in the Auditorium. When Bobby came backstage, Hanna introduced him to Jiyong and Chaerin, not as Bobby, the rapper of iKon, but as Jiwon, Hanna’s boyfriend. They then hung out for a while together till Mdm Choi requested the Iron Triangle to perform an item together. The Iron Triangle decided to sing ‘Count on Me’ by Bruno Mars to commemorate to reunion of the Iron Triangle.

 

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea

I’ll sail the world to find you

if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see

I’ll be the light to guide you

 

Find out what we’re made of

When we are called to help our friends in need

 

You can count on me, like one, two, three

I’ll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you, like four, three, two

You’ll be there

‘Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me

Everyday I will remind you

You’ll always have my shoulder when you cry

I’ll never let go

Never say goodbye

 

Performing this song was like a testament to their true friendship in the Iron Triangle. After a long way around, the Iron Triangle finally got back to where they used to be, where they belong. This time, they all knew what their hearts wanted, who they wanted to be with, and who they cannot live without. Jiyong with Chaerin, and Hanna with her new-found love, Jiwon.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note: SOOOOO the whole story is finally done. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad i made it till the end. I wrote this story just because I wanted to share my story with everyone (but of course it was only true till Chapter 12: Loser). Really sorry to some readers who expected this fanfic to have much more Skydragon moments. But trust me, my next fanfic will be really Skydragon. I mean, all the focus on them, when I eventually do start on a new one hahaha (whenever that will be *sighs*). 

 

Anyway, just wanted to say that through this story, I hope that my lovely readers realise that in a friendship, though it sounds cliché, honesty is the best policy in all cases. If your friendship is meant to last, it will get through whatever obstacles is presented and strengthen your friendship. If your friendship isn't meant to last, then I guess it's a blessing in disguise.

 

To the 'Jiyong' and 'Chaerin' in this story, though I'm not sure if you guys would ever read this, if you read this, thank you. I'm sorry things didn't exactly work out the way we wanted, or if I'm allowed to be selfish, the way I wanted. But all I want to say is whether it's the three of us or not, I'll still be here for you guys no matter what. Let's just work towards letting things go back to normal okay? <3

 

REALLY LONG AUTHOR'S NOTE I'M SORRY. But last but not least, THANK YOU TO MY READERS, COMMENTERS, SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS. They really encouraged me a lot while I was writing this story as there were times I wanted to give up on this fanfic. Hope this read has been worth your time! Thanks once again for making it till the end. :D